Statement To Reichtenburg

PresidentDavid

[quote name='Justinian the Mighty' timestamp='1343267750' post='3015520']
[b]Statement from Vostokslavia by Minister-President Vladimir Putin:[/b]

The happenings of Western Europe are concerning to us. Until now we’ve watched silently as tensions brewed just off the mainland and hoped that Ireland and England would come to an agreement.

All members of the European community are responsible for the continued wellbeing of all Europeans. We must work together to ensure Europe remains a continent of peace. We are the civilized, the sane and the rational. We cannot allow war to return to the continent and muddy its name. To that end Vostokslavia must insist that Ireland and England agree to a ceasefire as soon as humanly possible.

The Baltic Fleet is ready to answer the call for peace and if necessary part of the Northern Fleet may be recalled from North America to assist in the maintenance of peace. Let Europe stand against the tide of barbarism which has come to characterize our civilization in the past decades. Let us not fall back in to old habits of endless wars and eternal hostility. Let sanity prevail and barbarism be destroyed.

ooc edit: changed some stuff
[/quote]

[quote][b]From His Majesty The King of Ireland[/b]

[img]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/f/fe/Coat_of_arms_of_Ireland.svg/200px-Coat_of_arms_of_Ireland.svg.png[/img]

[b]To Minister-President Vladimir Putin and World Officials[/b]

Minister President Putin,

On behalf of the people of Ireland I commend you for your concern of peace in Western Europe, more particularly the British Isles. As you must know, the Irish Military responded to an attempt on my life from the Reichtenburg government. I was in London for peace talks until I was given word that a large coal mine in Western Ireland became victim to a major collapse and series of explosions which trapped nearly one-hundred miners and crippled at least thirty-five percent of Ireland's coal production. I told Reichtenburg officials I'd be making a flight to the German Airbase on the Isle of Mann to maintain better communications with my council in Dublin and that we would sign the treaty of peace between Ireland and Reichtenburg the next morning. However, Royal-1 was over the Irish Sea, a Reichtenburg jet opened fire upon my aircraft. If it weren't for the brave actions of my pilots, the Irish Air Corps, and the German Air Force I may not be writing this message.

Fortunately I did make it through that ordeal and am working with my Council and the Military to ensure that those responsible for this attack are brought to justice and Reichtenburg is given a stable and able government to protect the people of England, Scotland, and Wales. Nearly twenty to thirty minutes after the attempt on my life there is no sign of government chatter in Reichtenburg. We are assuming that the government there may have fallen apart or there was a coup. Regardless, I, like you, definitely want to see peace in one of the most stable continents on the planet. Because Germany's Sphere of Influence includes the British Isles, we are and will continue to be working with them and will establish a joint protectorate over Great Britain with them so that it can be ensured by the neighboring Irish Government and the German government that a suitable government will take the reigns for Great Britain. I am very happy to see that Vostokslavia has a concern for stability in Europe. In fact, after this is over, I myself, or my Foreign Minister, would be more then happy to form a committee with Vostokslavia, The Athenian Federation, Grossdeutsches Reich, and France to better ensure the stability of our continent. I am happy to report that peace will be here shortly and that I will be the first to light a firework and congratulate the people of Europe for this swift and quick retaking of an island in distress. As we speak, Irish forces are stabilizing the island of Great Britain and will soon be looking, along with the Germans, for a new government to arise.

[b]King Anthony O'Reilly
Sovereign of Ireland[/b][/quote]

[b]Classified[/b]

[b]Plymouth, Cornwall
Private Jeramey McNeil
Irish Marine Corps[/b]

The Marines and Army Rangers who landed in Plymouth were lucky that they had their cover of night and a successful disguised landing in the city. Going through the industrial district also brought it's benefits because of the low number of civilians there at night. With the military clustered in major cities, such as London, the only resistance the soldiers would meet would be the occasional farmer who made sure that the Irish troops or sometimes something a little more surprising... Jeramey's squad roared through the English countryside as several tanks, plenty of Humvees, and an uncountable amount of troop transport vehicles carried soldiers towards the Reichtenberg capital. The line of tanks heading the rush, along with armed Humvees following close behind and in between them until the gunners of the Humvees raised their left hands and held a fist. "McNeil grab your rifle!" barked Lieutenant McDonnell who was sitting in the passenger's seat next to the driver. The entire caravan crunched to a halt as Marines exited their vehicles, rifles pointed towards the East. Jeramey sprinted with the Lieutenant and his platoon and took cover alongside a parked tank.

The engine purred and rumbled loose rocks on the road below them as a man in a brown button-up shirt covered with a brown jacket and brown slacks held a book in his hand and waved at the Irish military. The Lieutenant looked to his superior who yelled over the engines of the tanks, "Protocol would have been to run him over! Whoever ordered to stop the line is getting hell when we get back home!" Lieutenant McDonnel, not wanting to get blamed for the stop panicked and made a quick decision. "McNeil raise your left hand and place your right over your heart" without questioning his superior's command the young private let his rifle strap hold up his firearm as he stood at attention and did so. The rest of his squad watched from a distance of only a few feet. "Repeat after myself"
"I Jeramey McNeil accept the duties of Officer for the Royal Irish Marine Corps, First Platoon." Without judgement or hesitation he repeated the words; having to think about what he actually said after the Lieutenant turned around to confront the commander.

Standing on the road in confusion, Officer Jeremy McNeil grabbed back a hold of the rifle and looked across one of the tanks to see the man who stopped the caravan coming forward. [i]The chain of command if focused on proving their innocence[/i] thought McNeil as he ran past his platoon and the tank they were hiding behind. The iron-sight of his rifle was aimed directly at the man's chest, "Reach for the sky!" he yelled as he approached the man. The stranger put his hands up, still holding the black book. After stopping only a few feet from him, Jeramey identified himself. "Officer Jeramey McNeil of the Royal Irish Marine Corps - get out of the road." The man kept his hands up in a peaceful manner and spoke, "I'm Reverend Cartwright - I mean no harm but Officer McNeil I am here to beg for peace on behalf of God. Don't shed any more blood on this island."

Looking back Jeremy saw his platoon itching to shoot the man if he tried anything suspicious while the commanding officials began to sort out their differences. "Look" said the Catholic officer to the Protestant Reverend "Reichtenberg launched an attack on the King and attempted to take his life - we are acting in retaliation to the sovereign of our Kingdom. I can guarantee you, Reverend" Jeremy said as he guessed a plausible outcome "that Ireland will remove the current government of this island and protect it's people until a new one arises; we do not wish to rule your people. I need you to get out of the road or the I-C1 tank is going to make you part of the pavement." Jeremy began his dissent back to his platoon "Please reverend, obey man's laws when it doesn't conflict with God's."
Jeremy did not know what the man's thoughts were about what he had said but he did get out of the way and wasn't harmed but the man did look into Jeremy's eyes as he passed him along the road.

-

"GET DOWN" screeched a soldier before 50mm machine gun fire from a tank like vehicle obliterated three men standing together. Marines and Royal Army Rangers fell back into shallow trenches and covered their ears as Irish tanks skidded past them and opened fire onto the practically defenseless Reichtenberg cavalry. Jeremy held his hands tight onto his ears until Lieutenant McDonnell kicked him and pointed to his rifle. As his ears rang Jeremy grabbed his weapon and laid it atop the shallow ditch he was on his knees in. Firing blindly into the smoke that the tanks created an artillery shell exploded in one of the trenches 200 hundred yards away from the Officer. "WHERE THE HELL IS OUR AIR SUPPORT" barked Lieutenant McDonnel into a communication device. A reply came back just as a stray bullet from enemy lines purposely hit bounced off a tank and struck the Lieutenant in the chest. The medic in the platoon rushed with Jeremy to McDonnel however bloody was inching out of his body quickly. Looking at Jeremy he whispered, "Looks like you're a Lieutenant now lad.. Swear it." Jeremy McNeil whispered the oath as McDonnel relinquished his duties to the Irish Military by escaping from his body. The medic desperately tried to Jerry-rig an IV to McDonnel but he was already gone.

While he wiped the blood from his arm Jeremy looked up to the sky. Three F-16s, who were flying close to the ground to avoid radar detection, blasted machine-gun fire and missiles at the distant enemy artillery in the outskirts of London. "Captain Dan Stephens of the Royal Air Corps here to help; over." Jeremy picked up the communications device as men willingly opened fire at distant targets, "Lieutenant Jeremy McNeil of the Irish Marine Corps, Platoons one, two, and three.... Take out the big guns for us Captain."

[quote][b]FROM THE MINISTRY OF DEFENSE OF
THE KINGDOM OF IRELAND[/b]

[img]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/1/10/Oglaigh_na_heireann.png/241px-Oglaigh_na_heireann.png[/img]

[b]TO GENERAL WORTH, THE KING'S COUNCIL
FROM COMMANDER ADAMS, IRISH MARINE CORPS[/b]

[b]GRAND BATTLE REPORT[/b]

[b]London[/b]
Irish Forces - 40,000
Reichtenberg - 8,100

Irish Casualties - 2,573, 4 Tanks
Remaining Irish Troops - 37,427, 11 Tanks

Reichtenberg Casualties - 5,332
Reichtenberg POWs - 2,768

Status of London - Irish Protection/Martial Law

[b]Edinburgh[/b]

Irish Forces - 20,000
Reichtenburg - 0

Irish Casualties - 0
Remaining Irish Troops - 20,000, 30 Tanks

Status of Edinburgh - Irish Protection/Martial Law

[b]Glascow[/b]

Irish Forces - 20,000, 75 Tanks
Reichtenberg - 6,700

Irish Casualties - 3,174, 8 Tanks
Remaining Irish Troops - 16,826, 67 Tanks

Reichtenberg Casualties - 5,895
Reichtenberg POWs - 805

Status of Glascow - Irish Protection/Martial Law

20,000 MORE ARMY RANGERS ARE CROSSING THE IRISH SEA AND WILL BE LANDING EAST OF HOLYHEAD SOON. REPORTS FROM CENTRAL TELL US THAT ENEMY TROOPS IN LIVERPOOL ARE MOVING TO SCOTLAND TO PROBABLY ASSIST WITH THE TROOPS IN THE NORTH. WILL REPLY AFTER OPERATION IS OVER.

[b]COMMANDER ADAMS, IRISH MARINE CORPS[/b]
[/quote]

The Marines would round up the Reichtenberg government and were told to keep them in holding and only use deadly force if absolutely necessary.

Edited by PresidentDavid

[b]From His Majesty The King of Ireland[/b]

[img]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/f/fe/Coat_of_arms_of_Ireland.svg/200px-Coat_of_arms_of_Ireland.svg.png[/img]

[b]To The Revolutionary Council of
Great Britain[/b]

Council,

I am happy to see the rise of a new government on the island of Great Britain. Former leaders in London are being brought back to Ireland for sentencing. I give you my word that the Irish Armed Forces will begin it's withdraw from Great Britain as long as they are not harmed by any forces of your council. In order to make sure England, Scotland, Cornwall, and Wales stay stable I highly suggest you assemble a militia and air corps to keep law and order as you form your government. There were damages outside of London and in a few cities in Scotland but the loss of human life, other then armed soldiers, was extremely low. If you need any help rebuilding the Irish Crown will support the British peoples with whatever they need for humanitarian reasons. Also, the Kingdom of Ireland will not interfere with your attempts to form a new government however the Isle of Man shall be claimed for the Crown of Ireland and will not be under the authority of any British government. If you can agree to that term, then you now have the blessing of the King of Ireland. Please, lead the people of Great Britain into a much brighter future then what they have previously experienced. By the Grace of God, form a traditional government and do your best to keep peace with he world.

[b]King Anthony O'Reilly
Sovriengn of Ireland[/b]

[b]Classified[/b]

One-thousand members of the elite Airborn Division were enter the Isle of Man followed by three-thousand members of Homeland Defense.

Edited by PresidentDavid

OOC
http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=112507
The link is my attack thread, any responses to my invasion including counter attacks would go there. Thankyou. If you want to fight over it, find me on IRC or PM me to preplan it.

ICly.

Umrella does not recognise this Revolutionary Council and shall continue with our attacks on Britain until it is made part of the Empire.

"What right does The Empire have to invade Britain which is obviously settled from its past regime. Other then hopping on an unstable land to further increase your land mass. If so this is not an excuse for destroying human life. In fact your choice of words, 'until it is made part of the Empire' rather then 'until peace is made' proves you are simply allowing imperialism cloud judgment."

Edited by Isaac MatthewII