Family Connections

Owned-You

"Father, I've left Indiana... no doubt you've heard the news as of late." Enrique would simply listen "...it was a first step." Francisco would finally cease talking and Enrique would begin. "You've made quite the mess you know... our name if news ever got out that you had a hand in the dissolution of the state you'll bring shame to our name." Francisco would speak in apologetic tones. "I know... it was rash of me. What would you have me do though? At this point the ball has been rolling...no going back now." Enrique would continue. "I don't want you to do a damned thing. Leave it to me." Enrique would hang up the phone visibly annoyed by his sons careless actions... no doubt while his son had a wealth of knowledge and foresight he had miscalculated in making a sudden exit from Indiana. But it wasn't a disaster, Enrique could make a phone call to an old friend and have this potential stain erased from the books.

Enrique would wait for what seemed like hours on the ringtone which had truly only been going for a matter of seconds. A familiar voice beckoned him from the other end. "Marcela, when was the last time we spoke? Not since that matter at the Westington I believe?" He would let out a light chuckle and continue. "Well... I have that favor to call on now."

Edited by Owned-You

"It's been a while Enrique, and I thank you for that. My career wouldn't be where it is today without you." With a sigh she asked "Is Francisco in trouble again? The last time he was in trouble, it was a call down to the police station. What's he done this time?"

Enrique would speak with an almost sardonic tone. "For all his brilliance he's yet to manifest it in any concrete ways. It seems he is always building things up only to watch them fall... I cannot help but wonder if it's my own faults bearing their fruits." He would pause slightly clearing his throat with an almost uneasy tone. "Francisco had a large hand in recent news. No doubt you've heard of the situation in the former Republic of Indianapolis...well to put it simply. Francisco ordered it's dissolution in the hopes of a democratic election to occur. But he did not expect for order collapse completely as the warlord mentality took over the state. He's fled along with trusted members of his inner circle. But that isn't the issue...the fact is the Bourbon name could be implicated in this and we cannot afford the stain it will place on the name...I know it's a big favor to ask but if you could somehow convince President Calzada to send troops to secure the territory and expunge the details of Francisco's involvement you would save me quite a bit of heartache...it's ironic that here I am after all these years since Westington requesting you to save my name." Enrique would let out an awkward laugh in an attempt to mask his discomfort with the whole situation before finishing. "Well...what are your thoughts?"

[quote name='Owned-You' timestamp='1341554476' post='3004632']
Enrique would speak with an almost sardonic tone. "For all his brilliance he's yet to manifest it in any concrete ways. It seems he is always building things up only to watch them fall... I cannot help but wonder if it's my own faults bearing their fruits." He would pause slightly clearing his throat with an almost uneasy tone. "Francisco had a large hand in recent news. No doubt you've heard of the situation in the former Republic of Indianapolis...well to put it simply. Francisco ordered it's dissolution in the hopes of a democratic election to occur. But he did not expect for order collapse completely as the warlord mentality took over the state. He's fled along with trusted members of his inner circle. But that isn't the issue...the fact is the Bourbon name could be implicated in this and we cannot afford the stain it will place on the name...I know it's a big favor to ask but if you could somehow convince President Calzada to send troops to secure the territory and expunge the details of Francisco's involvement you would save me quite a bit of heartache...it's ironic that here I am after all these years since Westington requesting you to save my name." Enrique would let out an awkward laugh in an attempt to mask his discomfort with the whole situation before finishing. "Well...what are your thoughts?"
[/quote]

"When he left Mexico after his adventures in California, I suspected he went somewhere to complete a new project of his. Right now, I'm hoping he won't cause trouble where ever he goes next. As well-meaning as he is, he has this string of problems and then running from them. I hate to be this person, but he needs to calm down, come home and solve whatever problems he has here. Let him know he still has a bed available, if he needs it. As to your request, it will be a stretch. I have worked with Calzada in the past, however we have never gone beyond a professional relationship. I will see what I can do, and unfortunately you'll find out how successful I was based on the news in a few days."

Enrique listened intently before speaking. "Trust me, I've tried to get him to come back home before...I didn't want him to leave in the first place. But it's just something he has to do I suppose... he's chasing the shadow of the life he would have lived had I not abdicated the throne. I cannot blame him for it, it ultimately is my fault for placing him in a situation where he's constantly grappling for success in life. To a degree he's attained it with his business; Lilly Group. But I thank you for offering him another bed should he need one. It is my hope his next adventure proves a bit more stable for all things concerned...otherwise I fear he may have bigger issues then bedding to worry about. With that being said, I thank you for considering the request Marcela...I will be watching the news to learn of the success or failure of your actions. In either case, I thank you for considering it...Good night Mareclla."