Help a newbie out.

Alek92

Ok, these were my question about resources:

Resources Discussion

Now, this is what I need you guys to tell me, is this a good idea or what:

Ok. I just bought some soldiers and infras.

My pop. happiness is at 11.44 (my pop. adores me!) and the Avg. Gross Income Per Individual Per Day is at 54.10 (average).

Now all I am suppose to do is to buy infras, soldiers (when needed) and land (also when needed) till I reach 1000 pop. and build Harbor. Then I will get my hand on Water and Coal to get some serious bonus resources.

What do you think?

Also, wondering if there are some prizes for new nations that look promising/learn fast?

And is there someone interested in techdeal?

???

Thanks,

Regards.

Edited by Alek92

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you join an alliance most of them will give you some setup money, in some cases, 3 million.

The advice you have been given was the same that I was given when I was starting out, and if you follow it, it will take years to get to 1000 infra :-)

Make sure you get population increase resources (i.e, fish/cattle/wheat) as you can get your improvements faster.

Get the best trades you can, ideally fastfood/beer bonus resources, make sure you buy a harbour straight away, and fill up all your trade slots.

Consider doing tech deals to people, 3 million for 100 tech or something (you must post in the gameplay sales thread though). Then you will get to a respectable infra (500+) in a reasonable time and wont die of boredom.

Alright, to calculate Bills, go to the Pay Bills option and it'll give you a listing of what you pay bills on and how much per unit of each. Multiply each of the unit prices by your number of units and then add them all together. If you need help, I can do it for you with a screen shot of your Bills page.

$3M for 150 tech will still net you a profit as long as you don't try to purchase it all at once. Just make sure you send out each package of 50 tech before buying the next and you'll be fine.

Of course, I'd do $3M for 100 </shameless plug>

Edited by Delta1212

Yeah, but it goes both ways, you would also have to hope you were only collecting 200 dongs instead of a few million.

my income is at 1724.94 and my outcome is at 166.104, profit is at 1558.836 which is good I guess.

you guys may wanna check out my nation now. Its better after my first techdeal.

Lookin pretty good after only a few days. :)

One suggestion: Labor camps should not be bought yet (wait a few more months). Check out the building guide here for the proper improvement order.

Good luck with your nation, MCXA is an excellent alliance. Yay BLEU!

why not Labor Camp? It decreases the infras cost and pop happiness by -1 but thats affordable.

The reason is Labor Camps aren't saving you as much money with so little infrastructure as another improvement would make you. But buying a Factory is going to save you more each day if you are buying infra a lot (which you should be). When your bills hit about 1.2M a day, think about using labor camps then in "labor camp swapping." But you've got a few more months before you get there.