Attacked by nation outside of my range

Pyroman

If you see my charts here - http://www.cybernations.net/nation_drill_display_charts.asp?Nation_ID=136504v
And the person who attacked me here - http://www.cybernations.net/nation_drill_display_charts.asp?Nation_ID=148607

You'll notice that on November the first, when he attacked me, my strength was 93,394 and his was 125,141. I've checked the math a few times, and 75% of his strength is 93,855 and 133% of my strength is 124,214. Now, being the prudent man that I am, I checked his nation page several times to make sure I was out of range. As I suspected, there was no icon to declare war against him present, and he was not in peace mode when I checked.

So, I checked the details of declaring war, and I see that the range is 75% less to 133% more +/-250. So I check that too, and as it turns out, 93,855 (his minimum range) minus 93,394 (my NS) is 461, 200NS outside of the standard deviation. I realize this is small, but to me it has made quite the significant difference. After all, nobody wants to get attacked by someone who is 134% bigger, especially when common sense dictates preservation now, further slaughter later.

I mentioned this in my alliance private channel and I was told that it happened to someone else too. I don't have the details of that, but I'm hoping admin, blessed be his name, would find it so kind to look into this anomaly. I should hope, as I explained earlier, that if I do not have the option to attack them, then they should not have the option to attack me.

[quote name='jraenar' timestamp='1320300193' post='2837516']
He probably didn't have tanks before declaring. I've decommissioned tanks and airplanes all the time to get down into range of someone during a war. Not a bug.
[/quote]
Its not that. He was out of my range in the afternoon. He declared before update. He failed to get his attacks in at update though, that's when I checked, for the fourth time, to make sure he was out of my range. Still no declare war icon on his nation page. I wish I'd taken a screen shot.

[quote name='Pyroman' timestamp='1320300309' post='2837518']
Its not that. He was out of my range in the afternoon. He declared before update. He failed to get his attacks in at update though, that's when I checked, for the fourth time, to make sure he was out of my range. Still no declare war icon on his nation page. I wish I'd taken a screen shot.
[/quote]
He was out of your range in the afternoon. Then he decommed airplanes, which can make up 4k+ NS. Then he declared on you, then he rebought airplanes. Standard fare.

[quote name='Velocity111' timestamp='1320300811' post='2837520']
He was out of your range in the afternoon. Then he decommed airplanes, which can make up 4k+ NS. Then he declared on you, then he rebought airplanes. Standard fare.
[/quote]
I don't know that he would have had time. I read the declaration message within at least 25 seconds of getting it. I suppose that's plausible though.

[quote name='Pyroman' timestamp='1320301055' post='2837522']
I don't know that he would have had time. I read the declaration message within at least 25 seconds of getting it. I suppose that's plausible though.
[/quote]
25 seconds is quite a long time... I've done all my attacks for a day in that time frame

Also, you said that he didn't get his attacks in before update. It's quite possible that he was doing something else, like buying back planes that he had dropped

Its not an uncommon tactic to declare on someone before militarizing or demilitarizing so you can declare on someone who wouldn't be in range when fully militarized. I've had people declare on me after demilitarizing to 0 troops, 0 tanks, 0 planes, 0 nukes, as well as sell down their infra to get in range, then immediately after militarize up to being more than double my NS. When my infra is low and my military destroyed, I've often declared a few wars before buying my infra back up again and rebuilding my military to being out of range if I waited to try declaring until after making my purchases. NS strength can be adjusted quickly and easily to being higher or lower in an instant if needed to declare on someone who's out of range, but not by a very large margin. Adjusting your NS to limit who can declare on you or who you can declare on is just one of many military tactics which aren't a bug.

If he reduces his NS and brings it back up within the same day, the decrease in NS won't show up on the NS charts. Also timing it right, in less than a minute someone can do full attacks on multiple opponents and rebuy troops/military.

Edited by Methrage