Furs/Natural Growth/Changing Resources

Jenne

Since my nations inception in 9/23/2006 I had Aluminum and Furs as my resources. With the recent game change allowing me to change resources, I switched my Furs resource to Water on 9/22. When I did that, I lost 2/3 of my land by growth. I realize that Furs has a growth multiplier, but I would have thought the loss of that multiplier would have applied to my growth going forward and not back to my start date.

[quote name='Jenne' timestamp='1317471550' post='2813308']
Since my nations inception in 9/23/2006 I had Aluminum and Furs as my resources. With the recent game change allowing me to change resources, I switched my Furs resource to Water on 9/22. When I did that, I lost 2/3 of my land by growth. I realize that Furs has a growth multiplier, but I would have thought the loss of that multiplier would have applied to my growth going forward and not back to my start date.
[/quote]

How come? If resources change, they change the properties involved. You're assuming that each day of growth is recorded, but it's all accumulated. Like most things, a discount, or an increase, is applied retrospectively.

What furs actually does is triple your natural growth land AND natural land growth rate so as long as you have furs as a resource (either via trade or have it native).

In the past, I used to have furs as a trade resources in a 5BR (land was ~1.5k or so). The ring collapsed due to inability to find one very rare combo, dropping my land to ~500 or so. I then ended up in a 3BR ring with furs, which caused my natural growth land to spike again to ~1.5k or so.

• 2 weeks later...

I understand what happened, I just think it's incorrect behavior. I didnt happen to fall into a black hole just because all the racoons died. I don't have to go back and spend a bunch of extra money on infra just because I lost my marble trade. But since pop density has an effect on my economy, had I not gone to water, I would be forced to spend a couple hundred million on land.

But marble there ;s a big difference. Marble provides modification to the purchase of infrastructure and not how much infrastructure you have. If it did the result would have been the same. Loss of a modifier means losing the gain the modifier provides above the base value. It works as designed and not a bug. If you feel it should work differently, there's the Suggestion Box. iClose