PRM-UFE Relations

Greywall

Current Status:Cold

People's Republic of Mongolia enter state of closed borders toward the UFE citing annexation of Western Mongolia a threat to the Republic. The Republican Guard has been stationed at the border and has closed all entrances and begun building concrete walls in certain areas of the border to further prevent any traffic. The move has been called overly aggressive and uncalled for but Mongol officals state that with xenophobia at its height in the Republic this move simply came at the worst time when the Republic was looking at changing its foreign affairs.

[img]http://un-truth.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/07/mhouk-photos-dahiet-al-bariid-checkpoint-to-home-29-july-08-004.jpg[/img]
A concrete wall seperating East and West, the situation is similar to the spilt of Germany after World War 2. And several Guardsmen state a possible Cold War could break out.

The PLA Forces had been ordered to the area to secure the UFE side of the border. 150 main battle tanks, combined with many other armored vehicles were on rotating patrols, while 15, 000 border guards maintained watch. UFE mobile radar and surface to air missile sites extended the coverage of UFE air defenses deep into Mongolian Territory. On the UFEs side of the border, the mood was mostly calm. The PRM was not viewed as much of a serious threat more of a... yappy little dog.

Nevertheless better safe than sorry. Per the hostile acts committed, the UFE sent official requests to Zargathia and Vauleyo requesting that they place arms embargoes on Mongolia and block other nations from importing Arms. The UFE for itself would cut off F/A-18 Silent Hornet Mongol Variant spare parts, leaving the Mongols, with only a finite supply of 'black boxed' parts. Other than that... the UFE saw no real reason to restrict consumer goods or other forms of trade.

On the Eastern side of the border Mongol troops continued to fill sandbags and stock ammo boxes, they were nervous it seemed like at any moment a gunfight would breakout. Their officers had failed to tell them, they were under strict orders not to harm the UFE troops on the other side and do whatever they could to not aggitate them. Hind-D helicopters began doing patrols reporting what they saw on the West, the pilot nervously stated "we might need reinforcements, alot of reinforcements" Mongol Anti-Aircraft batteries were being brought in from the Central bases and 100 T-80 tanks began arriving along with fuel trucks. Soon both sides of the border had a large number of troops and the PRM began building a base into a small hill.

[img]http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2628/3782277907_e412dc815d_z.jpg[/img]
Republican Guard Hind-D patrolling near the border.

The UFE for its part would not increase its deployments, though AA batteries were given clearance to adjust the signal just so on their low probability of intercept radar to let the Hinds know they could lock onto them whenever they wanted. This was only done though if the gunships were seeming to come to close to the UFE border. Confident in its qualitative edge, the UFE maintained a cool demeanour in its border patrols. Troops took note of fortifications as they were constructed, satellites and high flying border straddling stealth drones took note of the positions of troop movements. A map was kept of the Mongolian fortifications to dismantle them with precision fire, but there was no sense in escalating the situation.

[quote]
[b]***Public Statement from the Government of the Serene Republic of Vaule***[/b]

The developing situation in Mongolia is deeply worrying and alarming. While the People’s Republic of Mongolia is well within their rights to close the border, we express alarm at the deployment of such a large force to the border area. We recognize a nation’s right to defend itself and to secure its borders, but at the same time we must express concern that due to the staunchly anti-UFE environment which we believe to be present in the People’s Republic of Mongolia, the possibility of an action triggering a conflict is, in our view significant.

We strongly urge both sides to exercise restraint and good judgment and to take steps to ensure that an unnecessary conflict will not take place. We urge both sides to begin dialogue in order to prevent an unneeded escalation of the situation.

The government of the Serene Republic wishes to announce the enacting of an Arms Embargo against the People’s Republic of Mongolia effective immediately. Under this embargo, the Serene Republic of Vaule shall intercept and prevent the transfer of weaponry or dual-use technologies to the People’s Republic of Mongolia via our shared border. Any Vaulian citizen, group, organization or company which seeks to subvert this embargo will be subject to legal action. Despite this embargo, all other goods will be permitted to pass the border after being subject to search.

Signed,
B. Svatek, Prime Minister of the Serene Republic
[/quote]

One of the Vaulian Military’s intelligence satellites would be carefully maneuvered into position over Mongolia to monitor the events on the ground. RADAR stations across the border in Vaule would also focus their attention to monitoring air traffic over Mongolia.

With the emabargo in place, the Republican Guard was already seeing how things could get ugly for the Republic. The concrete wall currently spanned several miles and was now lined with barbwire, Parliament and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs have decided to reopen diplomatic channels to the UFE in a small attempt to cool down the situation as the Prime Minister begins pushing for even more troops to be deployed to the border. So far Parliament has denied Yanjmma's request and have begun to see the border crisis and mistake that could have been avoided and was blown out of proportion.

At the border, Guardsmen began looking over their options over what would happen if UFE forces decided to pre-empt the Eastern side of the border. A T-62 tank squadron began a massive patrol near the border kicking up a large cloud of dust behind them. Several infantrymen pointed towards another group of UFE infantry men who in turn pointed back to them resulting in an odd little standoff involving both sides flipping the other off, yelling insults and eventually the two groups laughing at each other and walking back to their camps.

Supply copters came to the Mongol base bringing in more supplies, mainly food and medical equipment.

[img]http://www.murdoconline.net/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/russian_t-62.jpg[/img]
Republican Guard tank squadron near the border doing a routine patrol.

UFE troops were ordered not to engage in further gun pointing with the Republican Guard. Troops were to take only measures necessary to defend themselves. When asked about the situation, Major General Theiu, commander of the UFE contingent said, "The PRM isn't really an army in the sense that the PLA is. They can deploy as much equipment as they want to the border here, but our fire control systems out class theirs by half a century, our troops are battle hardened, and most importantly, we simply own the skies of North East Asia save for our close allies in Vauleyo. Our forces can put troops anywhere in the PRM within two hours notice. If they start a shooting war here, those are troops that won't be defending their capital in the evening. This is really just posturing. We expect the PRM to withdraw soon enough once they realize the full gravity of their mistake. This really is a lot of sensationalism."

Parliament has approved for a meeting with UFE officals to end the standoff at the border, the head of Foreign Affairs Yultan Zhao will be heading the meeting and hopes to not only end the standoff but get a Non-Aggression treaty that has been delayed for far too long.

As for the border situation PRM radios broadcasted propaganda to keep troops spirits up.

"The UFE and their People's Liberation Army, are overly confident that we aren't a threat. Thats too bad, so to them whatever is small is simply something to laugh at? the Wolverine is small but even the bear stay away from it. What we lack in technology we have in firepower, enough troops, supplies and full mechinized armor to bleed them all over our homeland. Understand that while victory is not assured when the hungry imperialist comes knocking, it will by a pyrrhic victory at that. The mothers of china will forever mourn the day the PLA reaches Ulan Batar, imagine it...our glorious Guard building mountains of their dead as they advance to what they belive is the divine right to all of asia. No my fellow Mongols, the PLA is no army, its a horde of peasents serving wealthy heirarchy to the bloody end. The common PLA soldier has no ambition in life, so what does he do? Joins the army, becomes a soldier of the UFE and sells his body and soul to the idea of Imperialism. But you...you are a Republican Guardsmen, servants of the people, defenders of the republic and free men. You fight for the state, for Mongolia for yourselves. Let the PLA boast their greater technology, numbers and other nonsense. Men win wars, and we have the best men. Go forth and serve your republic."
-Colonel Rin Yuchtka

Prime Minister Yanjmma is planning to personally oversee the main border base and despite Parliament's wishes to end the standoff peacefully and quickly, Yanjmma still wants a large military force on the Western border.

Current Border base personal currently at 14,600 almost half of the Republican Guard.
100 T-80 tanks
67 T-62s
10 Hind-D helicopters
600 civilan personal mainly technicans, construction workers, janitors, volunteer security forces.

"The United Federation of the East will not negotiate a non-aggression pact with a government which talks out of both sides of its mouth. So long as the military is acting as if it wants a war, we cannot be sure the civilian government even controls the military, or that the civilian government is a singular actor. In short any agreement needs to be between the UFE and the PRM as a whole, not a single faction of the PRM.

The United Federation of the East is prepared to meet only when the People's Republic of Mongolia ceases displaying schizophrenia and shows that agreements it makes are actually worth the paper they are written on. If the Parliament wants to have better relations with the UFE, it needs to reign in the Executive Branch and the Military." -Vice Imperator Kou

"Mr. Kou after discussing with Parliament and the Commander of the Republican Guard the state of Mongolia will enter talks with the UFE starting with an offical apology from both the Prime Minister and the Minister of Foreign Affairs. The Republican Guard is now being given the order to stand down and begin pulling out at least 10,000 troops from the border as a sign of trust to begin the talks. The propaganda broadcast that was clearly thought to be something of an odd moment showing some divide in our government I assure you and the rest of the UFE government it was nothing more than bad timing."

Prime Minister , Altan Yanjmma

Keeping his word, Republican Guard troops began pulling out of the border facility and back into the central military bases in the republic. 4,000 troops would remain as part of clean-up of the nearby base which would be converted into a border station.

The Vice Imperator sent a return video message, "Noting your withdrawals and confirmation by the UFEs [i]light[/i]" pausing for emphasis, "footprint, I will meet with your delegation in Xining. Be there tomorrow morning at 7 am. Vice Imperator Kou out."

The Grand Vizier, Wei Hai, could not help but chuckle in amusement while at the same time squirm in his seat. Of all the time for the East Mongols to start something, they picked a time when Jia, was off in some remote village, leaving, Kou, the biggest hard ass in the entire Federation in-charge.

A plane arrived in Xining marked with mongol letters, on board was the Prime Minister, Foreign Minister Zhao and several members of the Parliamentary guard. Zhao worried over the meeting, Yanjmma had a terrible temper and if the UFE did anything to upset him if could result in the meeting ending on a bad note and continuing bad relations between the two states.

Zhao: "sir please remember we are doing this to prevent any useless bloodshed and to prevent our state from being ostracised from the Asian community."

Yanjmma just grunted, he was still angry at how parliament demanded him and the Guard to stand down to prevent the cold war from getting worse.

Yanjmma: "you know, they say Kou is a real prick. I might just end up liking the son of a !@#$%*"

Zhao: "sir please, watch your temper and your language"

Yanjmma laughed, "im no diplomat, I wanted their blood that should be obvious. Its also obvious parliament will push for me not to serve another term. I guess thats why you're here"

Zhao: "indeed"

The Mongol delegation made their way towards the meeting with Zhao still worried over his Prime Minister.

OOC:glad the owf saves your post an all when a error occurs but christ sakes it happens waaaay too much.

The guards would be stopped getting off the plane by a platoon of soldiers. "Only the UFE Security Forces, Intelligence Services, Imperial Guard, and the People's Liberation Army have the right to bear arms in this nation. We cannot let you off this plane unless you surrender your weapons, by order of the Vice Imeprator." explained the lieutenant.

The Prime Minister waved most of his men toward the plane, four remained and gave up their PPsh smgs and handguns. They would remain with the Prime Minister while the men on the plane stayed behind.

The two men and their body guards would be taken to a compound on the outskirts of the city, its entrance had the seal of the Chinese Zeon Party, the ruling Party in the People's Republic of China, and dominant regional party in the entire Federation. A long line of guards awaited them as they pulled up to one of the siheyuans located in the compound. Around it fruit trees blew gently in the breeze.

The men were instructed to go inside to meet with the Federation's acting leader. Kou waited at a dark wooden table inside a dimly lit room, the towering 6' 5" inch man was dressed in the dark green uniform of a Field Marshall in the PLA. "Welcome to the United Federation of the East gentlemen." he said.

Zhao bowed stating "the honor is all ours"
he looked over only to see Yanjmma looking at him with a bit of disgust.

Altan was only 5'6 but he didn't let the Vice Imperator's height bother him, if anything he was amused by it.

"Mr. Kou, excuse my rather blunt attitude but I do believe that you are a busy man and so am I. So let me start by saying that I apologise for the inconvience I have put our two nations in and that I am solely at fault for the order for troops to be deployed at the western border."

Zhao was shocked to see Yanjmma even apologise, it was part of the agreement but the Prime Minister was a proud and vain man.

Zhao:"err shall we begin the meeting?"

The Prime Minister growled at Kou "We're here to discuss the recent border standoff, how we may prevent it from escalating and how we can discuss the possibility of a non-aggression treaty. Nothing more and nothing less."

Zhao gave a worried sigh and muttered under his breath "oh here we go"

Kou continued leaning back in his chair, he placed his fingers together, "It seems to me that if the discussion is merely to prevent further escalation, that is not an action in my hands. Escalation as you call it was pretty much unilaterally your doing, I've merely deployed a light border guard force to our side."

Kou seemed to ponder the idea of a non-aggression pact, "Why was it you felt the need to make a issue of this in the first place?" he asked.

The Prime Minister gave Kou a angry look, "tell me something Kou are you familar with the Soviet occupation of Eastern Germany? The United States moving in on Native American land as if it was their own? And I am damn well sure you are familar with the West trying to colonize Asia. My question is, would you ask that question to them? This scenario was no diffirent, UFE troops moving into a region of land we considered was Mongol looked like an invasion, a violation even if Soldania fell apart proper channels were completly thrown under for your country to stake more land, my people see this as Imperalism and clearly shows the UFE can do whatever they damn what in Asia. That doesn't bode well for countries who want to avoid UFE contact and go on their own, but I think its been made clear my country can no longer avoid diplomatic ties with the federation now that this has happened. So to prevent what would be the destruction of my country, and the deaths of countless troops to the UFE should a conflict arise I propose we sign a Non-Aggression pact because if Mongolia wanted war we would have attacked by now and im sure the same sentiment is expressed in the UFE which im sure doesn't need to tangle itself with another 'korea' any time soon."

The Prime Minister reached into his pocket and pulled a pack of cigerettes, after lighting one he began to chuckle "how's Jia little camping trip going by the way."

Zhao: "sir, lets try to be civil and just talk about the treaty"

Yanjmma: "of course, my apologies."

"The problem with your whole argument is you simply lack a basis in actual historical fact. First of all the idea that the UFE is imperialist in Asia is false. The UFE is the beacon of anti-imperialism in Asia. I would challenge you to come up with actual historical proof that the UFE is in anyway Imperialist. Beyond that there have been plenty of times in modern memory where Mongolians have been in union with the rest of Asia, the Yuan Dynasty, the Qing Dynasty, Republic of China, the Neo Triyunican Empire, the United Francoist Empire, to act as though Mongolia is some super isolationist area is simply not historically true or to say that the UFE is not at all Mongol or that you are exclusively Mongol also is not historically true. If you are making these assertions, its a reflection of a poor comprehension of the historical conditions of Asia on your part and not the fault of the United Federation of the East. Beyond that the idea that we need to contact you about acquiring land in an area you do not own nor have ever owned is also historically false. In fact it may interest you to know that Soldania included a village where our current Imperator grew up, hence why you are dealing with me and not him at the moment. I would encourage you to come to meetings with foreign heads of state more prepared to back them up if you are going to make such claims rather than throw them at your host hoping one would stick." Kou said.

"Now if you want to make threats to my country and at the same time get a non-aggression pact, I suggest that you find yourself a couch to practice the art of negotiation with. If you think a threat of a Korea, a war we are winning decisively at all scares us, you are badly misinformed. The issue here is that your nation has been unilateral in its threats, mine has not made similar ones. However, the material capability of our nations are very very much far apart, even more so then between us and the Koreans. Do not come here attempting to strong arm me into a treaty. Neither you nor your nation's capabilities at all scare me."

"Mr. Zhao, take care of this." Yanjmma began smoking heavily he was angry he felt how dare Kou even bring up times when his nation was a territory of another.

Zhao: "Mr. Kou, the Prime Minister is not a man who likes the recent history of Asia nor is he threatening you he is merely warning of possible hostility that might arise between our people if proper channels are not taken, we have come here to prevent the Mongol people from continuing any hostility towards the UFE. We are not trying to strong arm you into anything, however do not insult us over how we negotiate it only makes you look less...professional and a hypocrit."

Kou chuckled, "Well... you can feel that if you want. I'm not the one whose chaining marlboros while taking his toys and going home." he flashed a smile.

"It is not my job to cater to the sensitive whims of a childish leader that your parliament elected. And while he may not like it, it was the Mongol people then as now who have consistently chosen to be part of a Greater Asia.

I would ask that you not question my professionalism while your leader is smoking without permission in our offices, and your military has done nothing but attempt to engage in stand offs with my own. I've little time for your attempts to split the difference. The fact is the Federation has not done anything, and you keep trying to equate our record with that of this man." Kou said pointing to Yanjimma. His voice remained level, but his tone was while not filled with emotion, had a sternness of a high school principal disciplining a 14 year old kid.

"This man child your nation has inexplicably chosen as Prime Minister, and whom has clearly only come here kicking and screaming because others have finally realized that actions have consequences. If the People's Republic of Mongolia actually wants to improve relations, it would be good to show that they are doing so because it is really their want, not because the material realities compel you to do so."

Zhao put his hands in his head and muttered "oh no"

Yanjmma stamped his cigerette into the table, and slowly got up pushing his chair back "this IS AN OUTRAGE!!!!"

"YOU DARE INSULT ME!? I'll have bejing in flames"

Zhao: "no you won't"

Yanjmma: "your people will suffer from your in..."

Zhao got out of his seat and for the first time in his entire career yelled

Zhao: "THATS ENOUGH! Mr. Yanjmma you are dismissed!"

Yanjmma looked at Zhao with a horrified but angry look, "Zhao don't you dare do this now, in front of these people"

Zhao: (deep breath) "you are dismissed Altan, Parliament has given me the right to remove you in case of something like this, as much as it pains me Kou is right. Despite you helping us form into a nation you have done little to warrant the right to lead it"

Zhao then waved the two Mongolian guard over, "If you will please escort Mr. Yanjmma back to the plane. He'll need rest before returning to the Republic, im sure Parliament will be most interested in his...behavior today."

Yanjmma: "Zhao you'll sell us out to these dogs, YOU GODDAMN TRAITOR!!!"

As Yanjmma was escorted from the room, Zhao sighed in disbelief to what just happened. He sat back down determined to finish the meeting "I am so sorry Mr. Kou, I am very sorry you had to see that. Altan deserves some respect in what did for us but...he is no leader, he actually came here to avoid going to trial over the illegal deployment of our troops to the border without Parliament's concent and..well Im sure you don't want to hear all of the details"

Zhao the whole time as he spoke did it in a shaken up voice, "can I have a drink? I just don't raise my voice that much"

Kou motioned for one of the aides to bring in a bottle of maotai for the PRM Foreign Minister.

"Now in regards to the issues you have brought up..." Kou said pausing. "I think that a non-aggression pact at the moment is not something necessary. We're very picky with our treaties, we do not throw them around and I do not particularly see a need for a non-aggression pact as a sign we aren't going to war with any particular nation. I can say that the UFE does not intend to invade the People's Republic of Mongolia, and the decision not to do so is one which I do not think necessarily will change soon assuming no further provocation is made against us."