Question about infra jumps

7cardcha

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Captain Nathan Brittles' timestamp='1308788448' post='2738777']
Money transforms into infrastructure pretty easy though and you can get that via aid. Same principle really.
[/quote]
You can usually talk to your alliance's Economic branch about getting tech deals or even aid flood to this end.

[quote name='Alexander Isaiah II' timestamp='1309804657' post='2748431']
How much should I save up for my first infra jump friends? This is my link: http://www.cybernations.net/nation_drill_display.asp?Nation_ID=465781&Extended=0

Thanks!
[/quote]
Assuming that you keep the exact setup (improvements, trades, government) that you have now, it will cost you $3,200,569 to go from 999.99 to 1199.99 infra; to go the full thousand infrastructure would cost $21,743,830.

If you get a lumber trade (which will also get you construction), it will cost you $2,858,108 to go from 999.99 to 1199.99 infra, and $19,417,240 to buy the full thousand.

Of course, it's possible for you to purchase two more factories, which (if I were you) I would purchase during your infra jump, once you get the required population. This should reduce your costs further.

Hope this helps. :)

[quote name='Magister Agricolarum' timestamp='1309823948' post='2748865']
Assuming that you keep the exact setup (improvements, trades, government) that you have now, it will cost you $3,200,569 to go from 999.99 to 1199.99 infra; to go the full thousand infrastructure would cost $21,743,830.

If you get a lumber trade (which will also get you construction), it will cost you $2,858,108 to go from 999.99 to 1199.99 infra, and $19,417,240 to buy the full thousand.

Of course, it's possible for you to purchase two more factories, which (if I were you) I would purchase during your infra jump, once you get the required population. This should reduce your costs further.

Hope this helps. :)
[/quote]

[font="Verdana"][size="4"]Do not buy up to 1199 Infra. It's more cost effective for you to buy up to 1999 Infra (the FULL thousand) when you're to Jump. Get all 5 Factories BEFORE you're ready to jump. When you're not Jumping, you don't need the Factories on-hand at such a young/small Nation. You already have some of the better Infra reducing Resources: Iron, Aluminum, Lumber, Marble, and Coal (as well as Construction and Steel).

Remember to periodically buy Soldiers every so often while you're jumping to avoid accidentally throwing your Gov't into Anarchy. You don't need a lot of Soldiers, just at least around 20% of your Pop.

Also, I see from you recent Thread you made on the Trading Harbor, that you're switching from this TC to an 8BR. Neither of your TCs are Pop heavy, but the one you're currently is MUCH better Income wise than the one you're planning to go to. For such a young/small Nation the 8BR would be a HORRIBLE TC for you given your Resource set.

I'd advise to just add a Fish or Pigs+Wild Card pair (perhaps Fish+Wheat, Pigs+Wheat, or Pigs+Sugar) to your current pair to boost your Pop some more. Which would leave you with: Fine Jewelry, Construction, Steel, and possibly Fast Food (if you add Pigs+Sugar).

Bets of luck. :) [/size][/font]

[quote name='Nova Blue' timestamp='1310055764' post='2751400']
[font="Verdana"][size="4"]Do not buy up to 1199 Infra. It's more cost effective for you to buy up to 1999 Infra (the FULL thousand) when you're to Jump. Get all 5 Factories BEFORE you're ready to jump. When you're not Jumping, you don't need the Factories on-hand at such a young/small Nation. You already have some of the better Infra reducing Resources: Iron, Aluminum, Lumber, Marble, and Coal (as well as Construction and Steel).

Remember to periodically buy Soldiers every so often while you're jumping to avoid accidentally throwing your Gov't into Anarchy. You don't need a lot of Soldiers, just at least around 20% of your Pop.

Also, I see from you recent Thread you made on the Trading Harbor, that you're switching from this TC to an 8BR. Neither of your TCs are Pop heavy, but the one you're currently is MUCH better Income wise than the one you're planning to go to. For such a young/small Nation the 8BR would be a HORRIBLE TC for you given your Resource set.

I'd advise to just add a Fish or Pigs+Wild Card pair (perhaps Fish+Wheat, Pigs+Wheat, or Pigs+Sugar) to your current pair to boost your Pop some more. Which would leave you with: Fine Jewelry, Construction, Steel, and possibly Fast Food (if you add Pigs+Sugar).

Bets of luck. :) [/size][/font]
[/quote]

Awesome great advice! Thanks a lot! :)

Uhh... you'd actually make more money jumping to 1199 infra in one back collect than waiting two back collects to get to 1999. The extra improvement you get from the 199 infra offsets the increased bills. But if you want to collect a warchest, you can just wait.

And yeah, 8BR is a horrible TC. Worse resources often give more BRs.

[quote name='MrMuz' timestamp='1310173196' post='2752969']
Uhh... you'd actually make more money jumping to 1199 infra in one back collect than waiting two back collects to get to 1999. The extra improvement you get from the 199 infra offsets the increased bills. But if you want to collect a warchest, you can just wait.

And yeah, 8BR is a horrible TC. Worse resources often give more BRs.
[/quote]
People tend to undersell 8BRs. They suck at Post-3999.99, but when you're building up your infra to 3999.99, it rips all others to shreds.

The priority at low infra is NOT high income, but rather low bills.

[quote name='Dexomega' timestamp='1310251753' post='2753502']
People tend to undersell 8BRs. They suck at Post-3999.99, but when you're building up your infra to 3999.99, it rips all others to shreds.

The priority at low infra is NOT high income, but rather low bills.
[/quote]

That, and -13% tech cost for selling tech :awesome: