Event Question

ChairmanHal

Exhibit 'A'

[img]http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s159/hdhale2/weather_wtf.png[/img]

<_< Eh?

Aside from the usual, "random events are random" answer, any possibility that event generation could be "smarter" in that if you get certain events it would preclude getting others for the duration of the event(s) that is in effect?

Thanks.

It's just the outer 10% of your nation that is experiencing a drought. If you notice, you decided to evacuate that area and bring your people in to your more central territory where there is plenty of water because of the flooding. :awesome:

One only needs to read the headlines to see both events are possible. Here in the US you have areas of Texas suffering from drought while at the same time to the east you have massive flooding on the Mississippi. China, Australia, and Brazil all have similar situations with some areas suffering from droughts and others flooding.

[quote name='Captain Nathan Brittles' timestamp='1305941735' post='2715816']
One only needs to read the headlines to see both events are possible. Here in the US you have areas of Texas suffering from drought while at the same time to the east you have massive flooding on the Mississippi. China, Australia, and Brazil all have similar situations with some areas suffering from droughts and others flooding.
[/quote]

For a massive nation that makes sense, and my nation does indeed have quite a bit of land. However, I could just as easily have a nation that consists of a 250 mile radius around Memphis, Tennessee (or for that matter the entirety of the island of Sri Lanka and a bit of the surrounding ocean) and get the same two random events, which then makes it rather silly.

I dunno, something to think about in terms of future development of the game perhaps. Thanks for your response.

[quote name='ChairmanHal' timestamp='1306156050' post='2716977']
For a massive nation that makes sense, and my nation does indeed have quite a bit of land. However, I could just as easily have a nation that consists of a 250 mile radius around Memphis, Tennessee (or for that matter the entirety of the island of Sri Lanka and a bit of the surrounding ocean) and get the same two random events, which then makes it rather silly.

I dunno, something to think about in terms of future development of the game perhaps. Thanks for your response.
[/quote]

Even works for your given examples. The latest [url=http://www.drought.unl.edu/dm/DM_south.htm]Us Drought Maps[/url] show there are drought areas within 250 miles of Memphis. Even Sri Lanka suffered a major drought in June of last year with flooding this past January. Not as far fetched as it would seem.