Canadian News, Events and Movements

Aggressivenutmeg

[b]St. Johns, Newfoundland Province[/b]

A Constitution for the new nation has been drawn up by delegates from around the country.

[quote]
[b]The Constitution of the Commonwealth of Canada[/b]

[b]Article I. : The Ideals of the Commonwealth of Canada[/b]

i. The Commonwealth of Canada aims to promote political, economic and social equality on Planet Bob.
ii. The Commonwealth of Canada expects her citizens to work for the common goal of the betterment of the nation, to act collectively and help one another to pursue social, economic and political advances and equality within the international community.
iii. The Commonwealth of Canada cannot be disbanded through the voting process, or by any one authoritative figure. As long as there is one state flying the banner of the Commonwealth of Canada, the nation exists under this Constitution.
iv. All citizens of the Commonwealth of Canada will act in accordance to this Constitution, whether they support every aspect of it or not, this does not mean that there cannot be any amendments to the Constitution.

[b]Article II. : Outlining the role of the Althing[/b]

i. The Althing of the Commonwealth of Canada consists of all citizens of the nation.
ii. The Althing of the Commonwealth of Canada is the most powerful body within the nation, and is entirely sovereign.
iii. The Althing of the Commonwealth of Canada is run on a directly democratic basis which cannot be compromised whatever the situation.
iv. All offensive war declarations must be passed with a majority vote in the Althing.
vi. Every citizen of the Commonwealth has the ability to propose the following;
1) Legislation
2) Offensive Wars
3) Initiate a vote of no confidence in co-ordinators
vii. The Althing of the Commonwealth of Canada cannot, under any circumstances, be dissolved, unless the nation as a whole is disbanded.

[b]Article III. : Outlining the role of the Legislative Council [/b]

i. The members of the Legislative Council are elected by the people of the Canadian Commonwealth.
ii. The Legislative Council acts as the government of the Commonwealth of Canada.
iii. The Legislative Council is run on a democratic basis which cannot be compromised whatever the situation.
iv. All proposed legislation must be passed with a majority vote in the Legislative Council.
vi. Every member of the Legislative Council has the ability to propose the following;
1) Legislation
2) Offensive Wars
3) Initiate a vote of no confidence in co-ordinators

[b]Article IV. : The Voting Process[/b]

i. Every citizen of the Commonwealth has the ability to propose votes which must be made in the Althing.
ii. Citizens have the right to change their vote and/or abstain from voting.
iii. Votes will be conducted openly, with no secret ballots. “There is nothing to be ashamed of.”
iv. Voting on separate, unrelated [to the Constitution] policies, treaties and votes of no confidence will run for 48 hours.
v. Voting on an amendment to the Constitution will run for 96 hours.
vi. Offensive war declarations must go through a discussion for a period of 24 hours before voting may begin.

[b]Article V. : Outlining the role of the Committees[/b]

i. The committees of the Commonwealth of Canada are responsible for running certain aspects of the nation.
ii. The committees are led by a co-ordinator, who oversees the actions of the committee.
iii. The committees are accountable to the Legislative Council and the Althing.
iv. Any member of the Legislative Council has the right to volunteer for a spot in a committee.
v. A member can be banned from the committee by the responsible co-ordinator, appeal subject to the Legislative Council or the Althing.

[b]Article VI. : The choosing of co-ordinators[/b]

i. All co-ordinators must be voted in with a majority in the Althing.
ii. Every member of the Legislative Council can nominate themselves to be a co-ordinator.
1) In the possible event that there are no nominees for a position of co-ordinator, the Althing shall act as a collective co-ordinator.
2) In the possible event that there is only one nominee for a position of co-ordinator, they must still go through the Althing with a majority of “in favour” votes.
3) If no nominees are chosen to be a co-ordinator, the Althing shall act as a collective co-ordinator. If those who voted to abstain gain the majority, no co-ordinator will be chosen.
iii. Co-ordinators shall hold their position for a period of 2 years, and can nominate themselves for the former position as many times as they wish.
iv. If a co-ordinator is recalled after a vote of no confidence, they must wait for a period of 1 year before they are permitted to re-nominate themselves for a position of any co-ordinator.

[b]Article VII. {a: The Co-ordinator of Foreign Affairs [Co-FA][/b]

i. The Co-ordinator of Foreign Affairs will henceforth be referred to as Co-FA.
ii. The Co-FA is in charge of the running of the embassies of the Commonwealth of Canada.
iii. In times of crises, the Co-FA must direct themselves to the nations involved in the crisis situation, so as to attempt to solve any problems diplomatically.
iv. The Co-FA cannot promise anything on behalf of the people of the Commonwealth, unless the promise has passed through the Althing already.
v. The Co-FA must act in a civil manner when dealing with other nations.
vi. The Co-FA have the right to recall, without going through a voting process, an CoC diplomat if they deem them unfit for diplomatic purposes.
vii. The Co-FA however, cannot restrict a citizen of Canada from criticising, a legislative issue, the hostility or conduct of foreign nations, or a treaty proposal.

[b]Article VII. {b: The Rights and Role of the Diplomats of the Commonwealth of Canada[/b]

i. Diplomat of the Commonwealth of Canada are appointed by the Committee of Foreign Affairs.
ii. There is no limit to the number of diplomats appointed to a particular nation.
iii. A Diplomat has the right to refuse to go to a nation, even if it is suggested by the Co-FA.
iv. The Diplomat is directly accountable to the whole nation, as well as primarily to the disciplinary action of the Co-FA and the Althing.
v. If a Diplomat is removed unwillingly from a diplomatic position by the Co-FA, and they feel that it was an unfair recall, they may make an appeal for their case in the Althing.

[b]Article VIII. : The Co-ordinator of Economics [Co-E][/b]

i. The Co-ordinator of Economics will henceforth be referred to as the Co-E.
ii. The Co-E is responsible for the economic progress and sustainability of the nation. Their roles include the following.
1) Ensuring that citizens and businesses are made aware of economic plans which help boost the nation’s economy.
2) Ensuring that there is a steady supply of financial aid to unemployed citizens.
3) Organising economic deals with other nations, such as free trade agreements, and war reparations.
iii. In addition, the Co-E relies upon the Committee of Economics to help out with economic planning.

[b]Article IX. {a: The Co-ordinator of Internal Affairs [Co-IA][/b]

i. The Co-ordinator of Internal Affairs will henceforth be referred to as the Co-IA.
ii. The responsibility of the Co-IA is primarily to ensure the safety and security of the nation, ensuring that no foreign spies enter into the nation and are able to gather information.
iii. In addition, the Co-IA is to ensure that no citizen of the nation acts in a way which might be detrimental to the nation, such as spying, impersonation or sabotage.
iv. The Co-IA and the Committee of Internal Affairs are responsible for the Canadian Mounted Police (see Article VIII. {b})
v. The Co-IA is directly accountable to the Althing first and foremost. Any hostile move against the nation will lead to their arrest and the sentencing of the Co-IA by an independent court.

[b]Article IX. {b: The Canadian Mounted Police[/b]

i. The national police force of the Commonwealth of Canada, the Canadian Mounted Police, is to protect the people of the CoC and uphold the laws and values of the nation.
ii. Members of the Canadian Mounted Police are directly accountable first and foremost to the Althing of the Commonwealth of Canada, and then and only then, to the Co-ordinator and Committee of Internal Affairs.
v. Any hostile move against the nation will lead to the arrest of and the sentencing of the CMP member(s) in question by an independent court.

[b]Article X. {a:. : The Co-ordinator of Defence[/b]

i. The Co-ordinator of Defence will henceforth be referred to as Co-D.
ii. The Co-D and the Joint Chiefs of Staff, are responsible for the organization of the military aspects within the Commonwealth of Canada at all times. This includes, the training for possible war strategies, the organization of individual bodies within the military (Regiments and so forth), military quotas and the disciplining of unruly members, and the efficient mobilization of the Military, the assigning of enemy targets, and ensuring that military orders are followed.
iii. The Co-D should work with the Co-FA to prevent unnecessary wars.
iv.The Co-D is directly accountable to the Althing first and foremost. Any hostile move against the nation will lead to their arrest and the sentencing of the Co-D by an independent court.

[b]Article X. {b: The Military of the Commonwealth of Canada[/b]

i. The Military of the Commonwealth of Canada is to protect the people of the CoC and the nation.
ii. The Military of the Commonwealth shall henceforth be known as the Canadian Armed Forces.
iii. Members of the Canadian Armed Forces are directly accountable first and foremost to the Althing of the Commonwealth of Canada, and then and only then, to the Co-ordinator and Committee of Defence.
iv. The commanders of the Canadian Armed Forces are the Joint Chiefs of Staff.
v. Any hostile move against the nation will lead to the arrest of and the sentencing of the CAF member(s) in question by an independent court.

[b]Article XI. : The Amendment of the Constitution[/b]

i. The minimum time period before a vote can be enacted on a vote to amend the Constitution of the Commonwealth of Canada is 12 hours.
ii. The referendum to amend the Constitution of the Commonwealth of Canada can run for a minimum time period of 120 hours.
iii. There must be a supermajority (75% + 1) of votes in favour of the amendment(s) to pass.
[/quote]

Elections have taken place and Co-ordinators have been chosen.

[b]Co-ordinator of Defence[/b] - Anthony McGraw
[b]Co-ordinator of Foreign Affairs[/b] - Kate Wilson
[b]Co-ordinator of Internal Affairs[/b] - Steven Campbell
[b]Co-ordinator of Economics[/b] - Adrian Côté
[b]Co-ordinator of Infrastructure and Telecomunications[/b] - Nathan Clark
[b]Co-ordinator of Environmental Sustainibility[/b] - Michael Tremblay

In other news the Canadian Ground Forces have ben formed, the Committee of Defence has issued the order of battle.

[quote]
[b]CANADIAN GROUND FORCES - ORDER OF BATTLE[/b]

[b]Newfoundland Regiment[/b]
- 1st Battalion - Infantry
- 2nd Battalion - Infantry
- 3rd Battalion - Infantry

[b]Saint Pierre Régiment[/b]
- 1er Bataillon - Infanterie
- 2e Bataillon - Infanterie
- 3e Bataillon - Infanterie

[b]Labrador Regiment[/b]
- 1st Battalion - Airmobile Infantry (CH-146 Griffon)
- 2nd Battalion - Airmobile Infantry (CH-146 Griffon)
- 3rd Battalion - Airmobile Infantry (CH-146 Griffon)
- Aviation Detachment - Reconnaissance (OH-58 Kiowa)

[b]The Canadian Dragoons[/b]
- 1st Squadron - Mechanised Infantry (Grizzly AVGP)
- 2nd Squadron - Mechanised Infantry (Grizzly AVGP)
- 3rd Squadron - Light Armoured Vehicle (Cougar and Husky AVGP)

[b]The Armoured Regiment[/b]
- 1st Squadron - Armour (Leopard 2A4)
- 2nd Squadron - Armour (Leopard 2A4)
- 3rd Squadron - Armour (Leopard 2A4)

[b]The Aviation Regiment[/b]
- 1st Squadron - Gunship (AH-64 Apache Longbow)
- 2nd Squadron - Gunship (AH-64 Apache Longbow)
- 3rd Squadron - Gunship (AH-64 Apache Longbow)
- 4th Squadron - Reconnaissance (OH-58 Kiowa)

[b]1st Artillary Regiment[/b]
- 1st Battery - Fieldgun (M198 Howitzer)
- 2nd Battery - Fieldgun (M198 Howitzer)
- 3rd Battery - Fieldgun (M198 Howitzer)
- Airlift Detachment - Transport (CH-47 Chinook)
- Air Defence Battery - Air Defence (Patriot SAM system, Air Defense Anti-Tank System [ADATS])
[/quote]

Edited by Chernarussia

An Announcement from the Committee of Foreign Affiars:

It has come to our attention, that the nation of Nanavut has not communicated with the world for quite some time. For a lot longer than theis nation has existed. It has been determined by the Legislative Council that CAF troops will move into the Nanavut and restor order to the area.

OoC: Unless i suck at using the search function, i do belive his last post was feburary 19th

[quote name='Zoot Zoot' timestamp='1301194401' post='2677791']
OOC
Sall good

Wales Island is privatly owned btw by one of my companies. It was just never put on the map.
[/quote]

OoC: noted

With the annexation of Nunavut, the Committee of defence has orderd the expansion of the CGF to include a new regiment:

[b]Nunavut Regiment[/b]
- 1st Battalion - Infantry
- 2nd Battalion - Infantry
- 3rd Battalion - Infantry

Edited by Chernarussia

The Canadian Naval Forces are officialy Formed. It is to patrol the waters of the Commonwealth of Canada and uphold the law in Canadian waters. It currently consistes of 10 ships, with a further 10 planned.

the are 5 [i]Grizzly-Class[/i] Partol boats
[img]http://i909.photobucket.com/albums/ac292/aggressivenutmeg/Grizzly-Class.png[/img]

and 5 [i]Caribou-Class[/i] Patrol Boats
[img]http://i909.photobucket.com/albums/ac292/aggressivenutmeg/Caribou-Class.png[/img]

The Committee of Defence has announced with the purches of infantry mobility vehicles from Thales Australia, the Newfounland and Saint Pierre Regiments will be motorised. The vehicles inclue Thales 'A-WAGON' LRPV and MRAPs, named 'Coyotes'.

***CLASSIFIED***

[b]Canadian Special Operations Command - CSOCOM[/b]
[b]Commandement des opérations spéciales - CDOS[/b]

[b]Joint Task Force 2[/b]
[b]Deuxième Force opérationnelle interarmées[/b]

Joint Task Force 2, is officialy formed, mandated with 'Black' operations intenationaly and domestic counter-terrorist operations.

[b]Task Force Arrowhead[/b]
[b]Groupe de travail Arrowhead[/b]

A rapid reaction force, this unit will be capable of responding to an international crisis and limited operations.

consists of:
- Canadian Airbourn Battalion (Airbourne)
- Labrador Dragoons(Light Armour)
- Commando Regiment (Light Infantry/Commando)

Edited by Chernarussia

***PUBLIC***

The Legislative Council has approved a plan for the re-building and repopulating of the city of St. John's, Labrador, which was all but destroyed in a brutal terrorist attack.

***CLASSIFIED***

- In case of war with Blue Haven; Task Force Arrowhead, the Canadian Dragoons Regiment,the Nunavut Regiment, elements of the 1st Artillary Regiment and the The Aviation Regiment have moved close to the border and have been put on high alert. All forces have moved to DEFCON 3.

- The Committee of Defence has ordered the establishment of several RADAR installations at the following CDF Bases/Stations:
CFB Alert, Arctic Protectorate
CFS Iqaluit, Nunavut Rovince
CFS Prince Patrick, Prince Patrick Island
CFS Miquelon, St. Pierre and Miquelon
CFS Ship Cove, Newfounland Province
CFB St. Johns, Newfoundland Province
CFB Goose Bay, Labrador Province
CFB Wabush, Labrador Province
CFS Tilting, Newfoundland Province

Edited by Chernarussia

The CoD has announced the construction of a military base at the tiny village of Alert, in the Arctic Protectorate, this area will be annexed. It will keep watch on the far-north border of the Canadian Commonwealth.

***CLASSIFIED***

Canadian Forces Base Alert, will house an contingent of soldiers and aircraft, the Far North Canada Battalion and the 5th Squadron. As well as acting as home port for two new [url="http://i909.photobucket.com/albums/ac292/aggressivenutmeg/CA20OPV20AOPS202008201.png"][i]Icebreaker Class[/i][/url] patrol ships.

Newfoundland Engineer Reimgent formed

[b]Newfounland Engineer Regiment[/b]
- 1st Battalion - Combat Engineer (Coyote MRAP)
- 2nd Battalion - Combat Engineer (Coyote MRAP)
- 3rd Battalion - Combat Engineer (Coyote MRAP)
- 4th Battalion - Combat Engineer (Coyote MRAP)
- 5th Battalion - Combat Engineer (Coyote MRAP)

Edited by Chernarussia

[b]St. John's, Newfoundland Province[/b]

With a virus now rapidly spreading through the city of St. John's and surrounding suburbs, the St. Pierre regiment has quarrentined the city in an effort to stop the spread of the virus. Medical personell from other parts of the country are being flown in with HAZMAT suits, in order to treat infected patients. A timeline of symptoms has been released to the public:
0-12 hours, incubation period
13-26 hours, fever, diaherra, vommiting and rash.
26-36 hours, coma, heavy internal bleeding
36-48 hours, death

If members of the public experiance these symptoms they should emit themselves to Hospital ASAP.

[b]St. Pierre, St. Pierre & Miquelon[/b]

The First case of the biological weapon unleashed in St. Johns has appreared in St. Pierre. The patient reported to St. Pierre hospitol after experiancing a fever, after tests it was confermed that he was infected with the virus and was isolated. The government has also begun issuing a smallpox vaccine in an attempt to curb the mortality rate of the virus, due to its similarities with the desies. The total death toll of the bio-weapon currently stands at 37,089 people.

With most of the infected people of St. John's dead, or maraculously recovered, the quarrantine of the city will soon be lifted, as health officials clean the city and set about beurrying the dead. The Final death toll is: 432,908 people. With the end of the quarrantine and the war coming to a close, elections for the new Legislative council have been scedualed for a couple of weeks.

• 2 weeks later...

St. John's, Newfoundland Province

Elections have been completed and St. Johns is slowly being repopulated, buy people immegrating from Nunavut and the Far North territories. The co-ordinators are as follows:

[b]Co-ordinators:[/b]
Co-ordinator of Defence - Andrew Willson
Co-ordinator of Foreign Affairs - Nathan Campbell
Co-ordinator of Internal Affairs - Ian Lee
Co-ordinator of Economics - Michael Taylor
Co-ordinator of Infrastructure and Telecomunications - Steven Clark
Co-ordinator of Environmental Sustainibility - Roy Brown

• 3 weeks later...

[b]***CLASSIFIED***[/b]

[center][img]http://i909.photobucket.com/albums/ac292/aggressivenutmeg/COSS.png[/img][/center]

The [i]Office of Strategic Services[/i](OSS) is officaly formed, under the joint jurisdiction of the Committee's of Defence and Foregin Affairs. The OSS will conduct espionage, clandestine operations (in co-operations with JTF2) and provide intelligence analysis. The OSS operatives will initaly be drawn from the military, and will comprise 4,000 people.

Edited by Chernarussia

"Arctica hopes that the new military base in Alert will strengthen regional security in a way that will not interfere with Arctican operations on the Northern Lights territory in the Arctic region, and that our Submarine Cargo Vessels will continue to be allowed passage through your waters as they historically have with countries such as Disparu and Cyneriice Northan."

"Arctican SCV's traveling to and from Northern Lights may carry materials of a martial nature, as the supply shipments support a contingent of troops, along with one of Arctica's largest R&D centers. However, all hazardous cargo is properly secured."

• 1 month later...

After weeks of debate, a referendum has been announced, on reforming the current political structure to remove the slow and bureaucratic process of national direct democracy. If the constitutional amendments pass, the Althing will be disbanded and replaced with the National Delegates Council and the committees will be re-organised into ministries. The representatives to the NDC will be chosen by the local community, and the delegate will represent a set of ideals determined by the community.

In Sports News, the "Canuck Storm" has defeated Mascurian Siberia in Cup of Nations V. Celebraions on the streets were rather roudy in St. John's, however the Canadian Mounted Police made no arrests.

The referendum has passed and as a resault the following constitution has benn adopted

[quote]
[b]The Constitution of the Commonwealth of Canada[/b]

[b]Article I. : The Ideals of the Commonwealth of Canada[/b]

i. The Commonwealth of Canada aims to promote political, economic and social equality on Planet Bob.
ii. The Commonwealth of Canada expects her citizens to work for the common goal of the betterment of the nation, to act collectively and help one another to pursue social, economic and political advances and equality within the international community.
iii. The Commonwealth of Canada cannot be disbanded through the voting process, or by any one authoritative figure. As long as there is one state flying the banner of the Commonwealth of Canada, the nation exists under this Constitution.
iv. All citizens of the Commonwealth of Canada will act in accordance to this Constitution, whether they support every aspect of it or not, this does not mean that there cannot be any amendments to the Constitution.

[b]Article II. : Outlining the role of the National Delegates Council[/b]

i. The members of the National Delegates Council are elected by the people of the Canadian Commonwealth.
ii. The National Delegates Council of the Commonwealth of Canada is the most powerful body within the nation, and is entirely sovereign.
iii. The National Delegates Council of the Commonwealth of Canada is run on a directly democratic basis which cannot be compromised whatever the situation.
iv. All offensive war declarations must be passed with a majority vote in the National Delegates Council.
vi. Every every member of the Council has the ability to propose the following;
1) Legislation
2) Offensive Wars
3) Initiate a vote of no confidence in Ministers
vii. The National Delegates Council of the Commonwealth of Canada cannot, under any circumstances, be dissolved, unless the nation as a whole is disbanded.

[b]Article III. : Electing the members of the National Delegates Council and their role[/b]

i. The members of the National Delegates Council are elected by the community of the electorate
ii. The members are elected by majority vote by the electorate.
iii. The members of the National Delegates Council, are to reprisent a set of ideals, set forth by the people of the electorate on a directly democratic basis.
iv. Any member of the electorate, can initiate a vote of no confidence in their deligate, at any time.

[b]Article IV. : Outlining the role of the Committees[/b]

i. The committees of the Commonwealth of Canada are responsible for running certain aspects of the nation.
ii. The committees are led by a co-ordinator, who oversees the actions of the committee.
iii. The committees are accountable to the National Delegates Council.
iv. Any member of the National Delegates Council has the right to volunteer for a spot in a committee.
v. A member can be banned from the committee by the responsible co-ordinator, appeal subject to the National Delegates Council.

[b]Article V. : The choosing of Ministers[/b]

i. All Ministers must be voted in with a majority in the National Delegates Council.
ii. Every member of the National Delegates Council can nominate themselves to be a inister.
1) In the possible event that there are no nominees for a position of Minister, the National Delegates Council shall act as a collective Minister.
2) In the possible event that there is only one nominee for a position of Minister, they must still go through the National Delegates Council with a majority of “in favour” votes.
3) If no nominees are chosen to be a Minister, the National Delegates Council shall act as a collective Minister. If those who voted to abstain gain the majority, no Minister will be chosen.
iii. Ministers shall hold their position for a period of 2 years, and can nominate themselves for the former position as many times as they wish.
iv. If a Minister is recalled after a vote of no confidence, they must wait for a period of 1 year before they are permitted to re-nominate themselves for a position of any Minister.

[b]Article VI. {a: The Minister of Foreign Affairs [MoFA][/b]

i. The Minister of Foreign Affairs will henceforth be referred to as MoFA.
ii. The MoFA is in charge of the running of the embassies of the Commonwealth of Canada.
iii. In times of crises, the Co-FA must direct themselves to the nations involved in the crisis situation, so as to attempt to solve any problems diplomatically.
iv. The MoFA cannot promise anything on behalf of the people of the Commonwealth, unless the promise has passed through the National Delegates Council already.
v. The MoFA must act in a civil manner when dealing with other nations.
vi. The MoFA have the right to recall, without going through a voting process, a CoC diplomat if they deem them unfit for diplomatic purposes.
vii. The MoFA however, cannot restrict a citizen of Canada from criticising, a legislative issue, the hostility or conduct of foreign nations, or a treaty proposal.

[b]Article VI. {b: The Rights and Role of the Diplomats of the Commonwealth of Canada[/b]

i. Diplomat of the Commonwealth of Canada are appointed by the Committee of Foreign Affairs.
ii. There is no limit to the number of diplomats appointed to a particular nation.
iii. A Diplomat has the right to refuse to go to a nation, even if it is suggested by the MoFA.
iv. The Diplomat is directly accountable to the whole nation, as well as primarily to the disciplinary action of the Co-FA and the National Delegates Council.
v. If a Diplomat is removed unwillingly from a diplomatic position by the MoFA, and they feel that it was an unfair recall, they may make an appeal for their case in the National Delegates Council.

[b]Article VII. : The Minister of Economics [MoE][/b]

i. The Minister of Economics will henceforth be referred to as the MoE.
ii. The MoE is responsible for the economic progress and sustainability of the nation. Their roles include the following.
1) Ensuring that citizens and businesses are made aware of economic plans which help boost the nation’s economy.
2) Ensuring that there is a steady supply of financial aid to unemployed citizens.
3) Organising economic deals with other nations, such as free trade agreements, and war reparations.
iii. In addition, the MoE relies upon the Committee of Economics to help out with economic planning.

[b]Article VIII. {a: The Minister of Internal Affairs [MoIA][/b]

i. The Minister of Internal Affairs will henceforth be referred to as the MoIA.
ii. The responsibility of the MoIA is primarily to ensure the safety and security of the nation, ensuring that no foreign spies enter into the nation and are able to gather information.
iii. In addition, the MoIA is to ensure that no citizen of the nation acts in a way which might be detrimental to the nation, such as spying, impersonation or sabotage.
iv. The MoIA and the Committee of Internal Affairs are responsible for the Canadian Mounted Police (see Article VIII. {b})
v. The MoIA is directly accountable to the people of Canada first and foremost. Any hostile move against the nation will lead to their arrest and the sentencing of the MoIA by an independent court.

[b]Article VIII. {b: The Canadian Mounted Police[/b]

i. The national police force of the Commonwealth of Canada, the Canadian Mounted Police, is to protect the people of the CoC and uphold the laws and values of the nation.
ii. Members of the Canadian Mounted Police are directly accountable first and foremost to the people of the Commonwealth of Canada, and then and only then, to the Minister and Committee of Internal Affairs.
v. Any hostile move against the nation will lead to the arrest of and the sentencing of the CMP member(s) in question by an independent court.

[b]Article IX. {a:. : The Minister of Defence [MoD][/b]

i. The Minister of Defence will henceforth be referred to as MoD.
ii. The MoD and the Joint Chiefs of Staff, are responsible for the organization of the military aspects within the Commonwealth of Canada at all times. This includes, the training for possible war strategies, the organization of individual bodies within the military (Regiments and so forth), military quotas and the disciplining of unruly members, and the efficient mobilization of the Military, the assigning of enemy targets, and ensuring that military orders are followed.
iii. The MoD should work with the MoFA to prevent unnecessary wars.
iv.The MoD is directly accountable to the people of Canada first and foremost. Any hostile move against the nation will lead to their arrest and the sentencing of the MoD by an independent court.

[b]Article IX. {b: The Military of the Commonwealth of Canada[/b]

i. The Military of the Commonwealth of Canada is to protect the people of the CoC and the nation.
ii. The Military of the Commonwealth shall henceforth be known as the Canadian Armed Forces.
iii. Members of the Canadian Armed Forces are directly accountable first and foremost to the people of the Commonwealth of Canada, and then and only then, to the Co-ordinator and Committee of Defence.
iv. The commanders of the Canadian Armed Forces are the Joint Chiefs of Staff.
v. Any hostile move against the nation will lead to the arrest of and the sentencing of the CAF member(s) in question by an independent court.

[b]Article X. : The Amendment of the Constitution[/b]

i. The minimum time period before a vote can be enacted on a vote to amend the Constitution of the Commonwealth of Canada is 12 hours.
ii. The referendum to amend the Constitution of the Commonwealth of Canada can run for a minimum time period of 120 hours.
iii. There must be a supermajority (75% + 1) of votes in favour of the amendment(s) to pass.
[/quote]

Edited by Aggressivenutmeg

• 2 weeks later...

:private to Commonwealth of Canada:
MoG[Corp] would like to discuss setting up a nature preserve on [url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lougheed_Island"]Loughheed Island[/url], to attempt to study and conserve as many species as possible, we would be willing to provide financial compensation if it should be required, and will gladly fund the construction of a base of operations and allow Commonwealth scientists to use the base as well.

Edited by Mogar

[b]Private to MoG[Corp][/b]

[quote]
To: MoG[Corp]
From:Roy Brown, Minister of Environmental Sustainibility
Subject: Loughheed Island Nature Reserve

Dear Sir/Madam

The Ministry of Environmental Sustainibility would be very interested in the establishment of a Nature Reserve on Lougheed Island. As the Island is free from human habitation, it would make an excellent location. MoG[Corp] may send personell to Canada, and the establishment of the nature reserve may begin immediately.

Roy Brown, MoES
[/quote]

[b]ELECTIONS BEGIN[/b]

Elections are commencing in the commonwealth. The now encumbered Demcratic Socialist Block, is expected to face a shattering defeat at the hands of the National Front of Canada, who's economic centralism, nationalist and anti-blue heaven sentiment. It is expected, that, should the NFC win the election the Mutual Defence Pact with Blue Heaven will be cancelled.