Otherworld's foreign policy announced

Otherworld

Reporter: Ryan, the leader of Otherworld is scheduled to be making a live appearance to deliver a speech to clear up some issues about his nations aims, and here he is now.

"Hello Ladies and Gentleman, and welcome to the announcement of our fine nations foreign policy. Foreign policy is a key aspect of any government, as it shapes how the world views a country and as a result of this it determines if a nation is to rise to the top, stay in mediocrity or is crushed.

For this nation of Otherworld, the only option is to rise to greatness, and these are our aims to achieve this.

We wish to unite the Antarctic continent. For too long it has been shunned and called worthless. Once united as one nation, or as a bloc it's true potential will be realised. We will use treaties and diplomacy to reach this target where possible, but be under no illusion. War is a very distinct possibility for us.

Due to this goal, the nation of Otherworld is expanding Westward to fill the gap between our glorious nation and the GNR protectorate. This is a relatively simple task for us due to our extremely high population density and military force which could easily fill and secure the area.

If there are any who oppose this move of simple expansion into unowned territory, please let it be known.

Thank you for your time"

edit: Westward, not Eastward

Edited by Otherworld

OOC: And your SoI would be?

OOC: IIRC claims following your DoE do not have to be within your SoI, providing your military and population can sustain them without it being a ridiculously huge area.

OOC: IIRC claims following your DoE do not have to be within your SoI, providing your military and population can sustain them without it being a ridiculously huge area.

OOC: Incorrect. Empty/protectorate land has to be within RP SoI to be annexed.

OOC:

*The first claim made by your nation must be within your in-game sphere of influence (SoI). Any claims outside of your sphere after your first claim must be roleplayed out and accepted by the general community.

Looks to me this is valid as long as it is accepted

OOC: As Otherworld just pointed out, you are contradicting the rules. As far as I can see, this is a viable and legal claim.

OOC: I'm telling you a ruling by the GMs on this issue. LVN banned any annexation of empty/protectorate land outside of RP SoI.

This claim may not be valid, since I can't check in a cell phone.

OOC: As Otherworld just pointed out, you are contradicting the rules. As far as I can see, this is a viable and legal claim.

OOC: I'm telling you a ruling by the GMs on this issue. LVN banned any annexation of empty/protectorate land outside of RP SoI.

OOC: For now let's just assume the claim is valid for argument's sake, the rules clearly state that this claim is viable. Surely then it is whoever attends to the updating of the rules responsibility for the misunderstanding and not Otherworld?

OOC: He isn't expanding into the protectorate. Only the free rejoin between his current nation and the protectorate.

Sumeragi: His nation could easily sustain the extra land in the scarcely populated regions of Antarctica in question. Thus, what is the problem?

OOC: Not possible unless within your SoI you cannot annex lands, unless you were given it.

From the Map thread-

*There are three ways to gain land: A - Claiming it through your SoI, B - Conquering it from a sovereign nation, C- Being given the land by others in a RP'd IC manner. OOC gifting is not allowed.

Edited by Sir Keshav IV

OOC: Can somebody like..update the rules then?

The first claim made by your nation must be within your in-game sphere of influence (SoI). Any claims outside of your sphere after your first claim must be roleplayed out and accepted by the general community.

Really does imply you can claim land outside your SoI

Edited by Otherworld

OOC: *There are three ways to gain land: A - Claiming it through your SoI, B - Conquering it from a sovereign nation, C- Being given the land by others in a RP'd IC manner. OOC gifting is not allowed.

Yea thats defined enough isn't it :rolleyes:

Of course if I am wrongI apoligise.

Otherworld can do this. LVN doesn't make the rules. The way it's always been almost all rules is the majority of rp'ers agree on the rule and it becomes a rule for GM's to enforce. As long as he writes a nice story for us all to read there should be no problem.

Otherworld can do this. LVN doesn't make the rules. The way it's always been almost all rules is the majority of rp'ers agree on the rule and it becomes a rule for GM's to enforce. As long as he writes a nice story for us all to read there should be no problem.

OOC: Tags. I agree with this.

*There are three ways to gain land: A - Claiming it through your SoI, B - Conquering it from a sovereign nation, C- Being given the land by others in a RP'd IC manner. OOC gifting is not allowed.

OOC: So, you are allowed to conquer land from a sovereign nation with one's military but not allowed to expand into vacant territory with your military?

Fix the rules please.