"Father, Recognize Thy Son"

Margrave

Christopher Khendon II, Grand Master of the Order of Saint Aquetaine, and Commander in Chief of the Hanseatic Irregular Security Forces (and preserver of what remained of Finnish Government) was tired indeed; the insurrectionists in the North, the emergence of a Tintagyl in New-Murmansk, and now Marchar loyalties being truly tested for the first time in generations....it was not something he wished to think on, finally now in his field tent, he sat down and composed himself; the message he was about to write could mean everything for the Order...and Finland.

Taking a ragged breath, he took out his pen, and began to write:

"To His Holiness The Pope, Father of Rome, Vicar of Christ On Earth,

From His Humble Servant, A Brother in Christ and a Defender of the Faithful,

Greetings. It is with earnest and forthright intent that I compose this message to you, your Holiness, for the matter which I would draw your attention to is most dire. Before your emergence into the spotlight of the world stage, This order was founded with the intent of enabling young men and women to fight in the defense of their faith and for justice in this fallen world; enclosed with this letter are copies of the Arch-Bishops, Bishops, and other Clergy of the scattered portions of the Body Of Christ's signitures, giving legitimacy to our Catholic Order and Blessing us and our mission. No indeed, we have done rightly by the Body of Christ, spreading his word in Antartica, and defending the emerging Catholic Nation of Finland from enemies who would bring down it's peaceful, Christian government. Yet we lack the legitimacy of an order recognized by the Holy See.

"It is for this reason that I ask your blessing to travel to Rome and make my plea in person, that you would bless our order with your recognition and guide not only our arms but our hearts and minds in accordance with your plan for the Holy Catholic Church.

"Your Servant In Christ,

Christopher Khendon II,
Grand Master of the Order of Saint Aquetaine

OOC: It's the Order of St. Adelaide, not the Order of St. Aquitaine, Aquitaine is a region, not a person :P

"More knights Your Holiness?" Said Cardinal Alessandro Balini as he put down the missive after the Pope had slid it across the table for him to read. "Sooner or later we're going to have our own private army again, just like the Papacy had during the Middle Ages."

Pius groaned as he leaned back, "That isn't going to please the world, Christian militancy is the last thing they want to see, but we need those dedicated to the defense of the Faith. It's good that they're coming out of the woodwork, but we cannot possibly keep two orders of knights in the Vatican. We don't have the room."

"I thought Lady Maria offered Austria to house the knights."

"She did, I will have to bring her down from Vienna to meet with this Signor Khendon of Finland. There is always room in the Church for the brothers and sisters of the faith." The Pope took out a piece of stationary and addressed it to Khendon.

[quote]
[i]
Faithful Servant of Christ,

It is a true blessing to see so many of righteous souls of your sort coming from the furthest reaches of Christianity today, especially when the Church is at its most dire state. I do not need the signatures of priests and bishops to know that your organization, though I have not heard of it, is faithful in Christ's message and I am sure that your loyalty is unquestionable. That said, you are welcomed to an audience with myself in Rome at your earliest possible convenience, members of another Christian Order have come forth as well and hopefully will provide the missionary work and educational experience to help Christianity spread the message of Christ across the world.

There is a chance of course that your knights may not be deployed in the Vatican itself. Recent policies by the Athenian government has restricted 'military orders' such as your knights from entering Athenian territory, except on their way to the Austrian-held See. The Austrian Duchess will be in attendance at your audience and the headquarters of your Knighthood, if not already established may be established somewhere in the Austrian homeland, given the sparse room we have in Rome.

I look forward to your arrival Brother, I hope it will be a most enjoyable visit.

Yours in Faith,

Pius XV[/i]
[/quote]