The Cheydinhal Pact

Sithis

[center][img]http://www.hotelguru.co.uk/images/edinburgh-castle.jpg[/img][/center]
[i]Cheydinhal, Realm.

Lord Sithis I eagerly awaited the arrival of the Novakian delegation for the day's scheduled talks. Diplomatic discussions had been exchanged between the Kingdom of Realm and Novak for some time now, and His Majesty was eager to cement the friendship in writing. Novak has always been a historical ally of Realm, and Lord Sithis was looking forward to rekindling the fire of amity.

In the main hall of Castle Bruma, the warm air of the Atlantic Ocean blew gently through the propped windows of the medieval castle. Sithis paused and reflected on the capital city below him, teeming with activity; the hilltop upon which the castle sat gave a commanding view of Cheydinhal. Turning back to the room, Sithis took notice of the framed political map of the world on the far wall. While he was eager to conduct his first state visit to Austria tomorrow, he knew that his old friend deserved his attention first.

While he waited for the Novakian representatives to arrive, Sithis reviewed the treaty that lay on the table before him.[/i]

[quote][center]The Cheydinhal Pact
A Treaty of Mutual Defense and Optional Aggression between the Kingdom of Realm and Novak[/center]
Article I: Mutual Defense
Any declaration of war upon a member of either nation is considered an act of aggression to the undersigned member nations. Peace will only be offered through mutual consent of the nations represented by the undersigned; and only accepted under the same terms. Diplomatic channels will remain open in the event that a declaration of war by an outside nation is an unsanctioned operation.

Article II: Mutual Aggression
Neither nation is obliged to partake in assistance in offensive wars, all military or monetary support is strictly to be decided by each sovereign nation, yet both are encouraged to support each other when needed.

Article III: Intelligence
Both signatories agree to the highest level of mutual cooperation in the intelligence field. In the interest of preserving the bond of friendship as well maintaining the security of either nation, the undersigned agree to share intelligence critical to those aspects.

Article IV: Economic Cooperation and Management
The West Africa Company will set up offices in Abu Dhabi and extend operation and production throughout Novak. The natural resources of the Kingdom of Realm and Her Overseas Territories will be shared with Novak upon request in specific trade agreements, and vice versa. Both nations agree to the development of mutual technological programs that will increase the efficiency of either country's military, economy, and infrastructure.

Article V: Diplomacy
Realm and Novak will construct embassies in each other's capitals to cement the diplomatic bond that this treaty creates. The territory that each embassy sits on will be considered soil of the nation who operates it and thus fall under their jurisdiction and management.

Article VI: Termination
This treaty shall only be terminated if either undersigned nation chooses to exit this treaty or if Article III is found to be violated by a member nation. If one of the undersigned chooses to terminate this pact, they must give three (3) days notice before the treaty is officially dissolved in which they remain fully bonded to the provisions contained therein.

The Undersigned do agree to respect and adhere to the Articles written above, both in the spirit and letter in which they are written.

[b]Signatures[/b]
For Realm,

For Novak,[/quote]

[i]Deputy Foreign Minister Hugh Tanner waited patiently for the Novakian delegation. Lord Sithis had to depart earlier and had left Tanner to conduct the negotiations. As the delegation arrived, Tanner stepped forward and greeted them, and then, motioning to the documents on the table, he waited.[/i]

"So, what do you think of the proposed treaty between our two countries?"