College dorm

MaGneT

I found a few threads about people moving to college and having other people on the same campus getting them deleted. Considering that I've been here for a semester, I'd imagine that either I'm the only one here who plays CN or there are different IP's.

However, since the recent war has spiked my activity, my roommate has noticed the game and finds it really interesting and wants to begin playing at some point. I've checked the IP's, and he shares the first 3 segments of the IP, but the last one is different (say 1.1.1.1 and 1.1.1.2). He obviously does not want to cause me any trouble as I've been playing for over four years, but he is interested. Would he be taking a risk if he created a nation?

[quote name='Locke' timestamp='1297926859' post='2636502']
Is that internal or external? Internal will usually be 192.168.0.x. If they're only differing in the last set, you may be looking at the internal, which the game won't care about.
[/quote]

...and what he means by 'the game won't care about' is that the IP addresses you're looking at are not what is recognized by the game's server....meaning your external IP addresses will come up as identical in all likelyhood.

[quote name='nippy' timestamp='1297942010' post='2636584']
...and what he means by 'the game won't care about' is that the IP addresses you're looking at are not what is recognized by the game's server....meaning your external IP addresses will come up as identical in all likelyhood.
[/quote]
I would presume that this is a problem, then?

[quote name='MaGneT' timestamp='1297981795' post='2636972']
I would presume that this is a problem, then?
[/quote]
Yes, that would be a problem. It's worth checking to see which IP you're looking at though. If you don't know how, just open [url="http://whatismyipaddress.com/"]this page[/url] on both your computers.

• 2 weeks later...

The rule is one nation per IP.

However, we realize that that's not always feasible on a college campus. Many players play from campuses without issues. If your roommate creates a nation, you should stick to the rules relating to nation sitting which state that once two nations have logged in on the same IP, they can't aid, trade, or war with each other again. You will probably be fine as long as you don't intentionally interact with each other (and of course as long as you are actually two separate players and not one player running two nations and claiming the second's his "roommate").