Hróðvitnir

SK Wynter

While fury enveloped the sad soul of the Garou, ripping away the hispo flesh and mutating her into her hated war-form, a small pack plodded across the snow. In a mix of crinos and lupus forms, they followed the scent of Wyrm on the wind, as well as the blood of a fallen human. They found his carcass torn to ribbons at the edge of the territory, and there was the smell of a female upon his bite wounds. One of those in crinos form stepped forward, sniffing hard into the wind.

<[i]A single Garou,[/i]> he growled. His ears swivelled, straining, the scream of the storm barely covering the sounds of anguish. He growled a wolfish chuckle. <[i]It sounds as if she is having a tantrum.[/i]>

<[i]The entire territory stinks of Wyrm,[/i]> growled one in lupus, glancing suspiciously at the loner's stomping grounds. <[i]There shouldn't be a caern here. It feels wrong.[/i]>

<[i]Sees-Strange-Things wouldn't lead us to the wrong spot,[/i]> growled the crinos, stepping around the body. <[i]His visions aren't an excuse to forgo exploring. He had his reasons for not coming; you have no need to be suspicious, Wild-Claw.[/i]>

<[i]He was constantly making excuses,[/i]> growled the lupus-formed one, known as Wild-Claw in Garou. <[i]We barely escaped Antarctica because of him. You know how many we lost to the Great Balefire. He's responsible for the death of an entire system of packs![/i]>

<[i]An unfortunate incident, but not preventable,[/i]> said the crinos calmly. <[i]The caern was already corrupted by the time we got to it. It is better that it died in the nuking than becoming a full-blown Wyrm hive. He said, after all, that he saw green fire in his dreams; we as a pack made a decision to try and beat the apes' antics to where the caern sat. Now stop arguing with me, Wild-Claw, and put that nose of yours to good use.[/i]>

Edited by SK Wynter

Hundreds to thousands of miles away as the crow flies.. but in the Umbra it may as well have been next door... nuclear weapons reigned down upon unsuspecting countries.

The time the Bane had waited for arrived. The essence of its creation was nuclear fire.. and now, dramatically strengthened by the impacts of these strikes against the very essence of Gaia.. it exploded from the Caern stone cackling madly and with enough strength that it nearly crossed the veil into reality.

"You want me.. Garou.. now is your opportunity. Here I am.. in my fully restored glory." His wings had healed.. the wounds from the child of Pegasus.. had healed. A blast echoed out from the Caern that was reminiscent of the Tunguska event of 1908. "Lets see how you can save Gaia in a world where daily man reigns death upon her for its entertainment and greed... you have no hope child. No hope at all. Welcome ruin.. it is inevitable."

Edited by Maelstrom Vortex

By now, the Fury's frenzy had run out, the once-sacred space gashed and torn apart save for the caern. It appeared there was a madness in the Black Fury's eyes, one held back by the restraints of the Filly. The Caern of Honour had held her back, given her purpose, made her existence all the more worthwhile. As a Metis, born from two Garou, the primal forces of the two beasts forever clashed in her soul and in her mother's womb. Born with a need to stay away from others, mocked and ignored for her breed, her Ahroun nature had seethed with jealousy. Hurt. Disgust.

And now, those Wyrm-born emotions had reduced her to crinos, the war-form and her natural shape. As she panted, eyes wet with tears, she rose her head in time for a sickly glow to emanate from the caern. Before she could do anything, the smell of Wyrm's stink slammed into her nose, and she bared her teeth as she flinched.

There, standing before her, was the Bane and his new territory. She snarled, down on all fours, the hybrid of wolf and man from a classic monster movie ready to rip and tear.

"Lets see how you can save Gaia in a world where daily man reigns death upon her for its entertainment and greed...you have no hope child. No hope at all. Welcome ruin...it is inevitable."

All the Fury did was lunge forward and snarl. The time of words was over, and now only action guided her path. In the hunting grounds beyond, the Get sensed the spiritual blast themselves, and were now tearing across the landscape towards the now-defiled caern.

The Dragon brought its claw up.. awakened and restored from its slumber, the bane's actions were far more responsive and attentive. It used its claw, tinted in a spiritual manifestation of the nuclear fall out that was now coating the soils and the grounds of Asia.. carried on the prevailing wind patterns from Europe, to take a swipe at his lunging adversary. "You'd best leave this place now Garou. There is nothing left here to fight for. This place is mine as it has been since I first conquered it. The essence of man's conquest, destruction, and will to tear himself apart for power.. that is what owns this place. Surely your elders taught you enough sense to recognize an impossible cause?" As she neared him and his claw came towards her, the Garou would become aware that the radioactivity was giving the dragon an aura which was beginning to burn her.