To create security

Lynneth

[b][Private message to Tiministan from Sostra Holdings][/b]

"To whom it may concern,

Sostra Holdings is currently planning a government-approved venture which includes a sizable underground complex.
Unfortunately, its nature prevents us from building it in Sri Lanka or Bengal. Thus we ask you, Tiministan, if you would host such a construction - or [i]vault[/i], as some of my colleagues have begun calling it.
If you are open to this endeavour, please let us know so that we may send a representative to you to discuss it in detail."

With regards,
Laura Leclerc,
CEO of Sostra Holdings

[quote name='Lynneth' timestamp='1289178835' post='2505473']
[b][Private message to Tiministan from Sostra Holdings][/b]

"To whom it may concern,

Sostra Holdings is currently planning a government-approved venture which includes a sizable underground complex.
Unfortunately, its nature prevents us from building it in Sri Lanka or Bengal. Thus we ask you, Tiministan, if you would host such a construction - or [i]vault[/i], as some of my colleagues have begun calling it.
If you are open to this endeavour, please let us know so that we may send a representative to you to discuss it in detail."

With regards,
Laura Leclerc,
CEO of Sostra Holdings
[/quote]

Private Message to Sostra Holdings

We would be more than happy to hold your "vault" within our nation. We shall await the arival of your representative in our capital city of Belfast. Transport will be provided from the Airport to a secure location within a large restricted zone just south of the city where we would recommend said construction took place, and discussions can begin.

Your Sincerely,
King John
King of Tiministan

[quote name='King Timmy' timestamp='1289179255' post='2505481']
Private Message to Sostra Holdings

We would be more than happy to hold your "vault" within our nation. We shall await the arival of your representative in our capital city of Belfast. Transport will be provided from the Airport to a secure location within a large restricted zone just south of the city where we would recommend said construction took place, and discussions can begin.

Your Sincerely,
King John
King of Tiministan
[/quote]
[b][Reply to Tiministan][/b]

"Quite excellent.
I will send an [url="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v284/Lynneth_del_Serpentas/AE/CNRP/VDL/1277812715439.jpg"]associate[/url] of mine immediately.

Thank you for the swift reply."

With regards,
Laura Leclerc,
CEO of Sostra Holdings

Tiministan had agreed to meet. Thus, Alexander (currently CEO of the Oberone corporation, which was part of the Holdings) would fly with a small retinue of businessmen and guards to Belfast, Tiministan.
Of course, they'd bring warm clothing. The southern climate was rather cool, after all.

The plane would be a 737 aircraft identifying itself as part of Sostra Holdings, the [url="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v284/Lynneth_del_Serpentas/AE/CNRP/Corp/The_Corporation_by_snoopydoo.png"]Logo[/url] being on its side as well.
On exiting the plane, the young man would immediately look for the men who were supposed to bring him and his colleagues to the location mentioned in Tiministan's reply.

[quote name='Lynneth' timestamp='1289179669' post='2505501']
[b][Reply to Tiministan][/b]

"Quite excellent.
I will send an [url="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v284/Lynneth_del_Serpentas/AE/CNRP/VDL/1277812715439.jpg"]associate[/url] of mine immediately.

Thank you for the swift reply."

With regards,
Laura Leclerc,
CEO of Sostra Holdings

Tiministan had agreed to meet. Thus, Alexander (currently CEO of the Oberone corporation, which was part of the Holdings) would fly with a small retinue of businessmen and guards to Belfast, Tiministan.
Of course, they'd bring warm clothing. The southern climate was rather cool, after all.

The plane would be a 737 aircraft identifying itself as part of Sostra Holdings, the [url="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v284/Lynneth_del_Serpentas/AE/CNRP/Corp/The_Corporation_by_snoopydoo.png"]Logo[/url] being on its side as well.
On exiting the plane, the young man would immediately look for the men who were supposed to bring him and his colleagues to the location mentioned in Tiministan's reply.
[/quote]

General Torres had been awaiting the arrival of Alexander in an armoured car which would take them to proposed construction zone. He got out of the car once he matched the man getting out of the plane to the picture had been attached.

"Alexander, welcome to Tiministan! I'm sorry about the cold, but sadly there is nothing I can do about it. Come, my car is here and it is sufficiently warm inside, you don't want to be out in the cold for too long." Fernando opened the door for his guest and got in after him. "Driver, we can go. Now Alexander, we have a great deal to discuss."

[quote name='King Timmy' timestamp='1289181080' post='2505543']
General Torres had been awaiting the arrival of Alexander in an armoured car which would take them to proposed construction zone. He got out of the car once he matched the man getting out of the plane to the picture had been attached.

"Alexander, welcome to Tiministan! I'm sorry about the cold, but sadly there is nothing I can do about it. Come, my car is here and it is sufficiently warm inside, you don't want to be out in the cold for too long." Fernando opened the door for his guest and got in after him. "Driver, we can go. Now Alexander, we have a great deal to discuss."
[/quote]
Alexander quickly approached the car, only one guard following him. He gave the others a hand-signal to stay and get back into the plane, which they did.
Once at the car, Alexander smiled at Fernando.
"Thank you very much, good Sir."
He and his guard quickly got into it.
"I'm not used to this cold weather, to be quite honest. Sri Lanka's warm almost year-round. Close to the equator and all.
So, we'll go south of Belfast, right? Where you have a possible construction zone?"

"We would not expect most northerners to be used to weather like this. Yes, the construction zone is in restricted zone we have set up for emm... how should I put it... high value "assets" we like to keep hidden, probably better if you don't ask. It is the most secure facility in our nation. An underground bunker surrounded by a 5 mile exclusion zone and put quite simply, a ludicrous amount of defences. Nothing gets in our out without strict authorisation. There are several vacant facilities within the bunker of varying sizes, how much space will you require for your vault?"

Edited by King Timmy

[quote name='King Timmy' timestamp='1289223140' post='2506025']
"We would not expect most northerners to be used to weather like this. Yes, the construction zone is in restricted zone we have set up for emm... how should I put it... high value "assets" we like to keep hidden, probably better if you don't ask. It is the most secure facility in our nation. An underground bunker surrounded by a 5 mile exclusion zone and put quite simply, a ludicrous amount of defences. Nothing gets in our out without strict authorisation. There are several vacant facilities within the bunker of varying sizes, how much space will you require for your vault?"
[/quote]
"Actually, we had planned to construct the vault ourselves, basically sort of leasing the area it would be built on. The underground shelters constructed by you may unfortunately not fit all our requirements, which include it being absolutely nuke-proof for most warhead sizes up to one or two megatons.
That said, the location doesn't necessarily have to be secure, just secret."
He took out a device that looked somewhat like an Ipod, similar in size, and put it onto the table, pressing a button. Immediately, it began emitting a holographic keyboard and monitor.
"Currently, we are planning for a shelter that can not only securely store technology, but also accomodate up to a thousand people, including guards. Each person would require roughly ten square meters of space, twice that total for communal areas and the entire thing again for machinery, upkeep systems, supplies, et ceters. All in all we're looking at 60,000 square meters of usable space, of course including storage for tech, knowledge and the like, preferrably arranged in several levels for maximum efficiency and fueled by fusion and geothermal plants for long-term stability.
The vault would be supposed to be capable of supporting a thousand people for roughly fifty years in total isolation. Unfortunately, we haven't finished actual blueprints yet."

Edited by Lynneth

[quote name='Lynneth' timestamp='1289227043' post='2506071']
"Actually, we had planned to construct the vault ourselves, basically sort of leasing the area it would be built on. The underground shelters constructed by you may unfortunately not fit all our requirements, which include it being absolutely nuke-proof for most warhead sizes up to one or two megatons.
That said, the location doesn't necessarily have to be secure, just secret."
He took out a device that looked somewhat like an Ipod, similar in size, and put it onto the table, pressing a button. Immediately, it began emitting a holographic keyboard and monitor.
"Currently, we are planning for a shelter that can not only securely store technology, but also accomodate up to a thousand people, including guards. Each person would require roughly ten square meters of space, twice that total for communal areas and the entire thing again for machinery, upkeep systems, supplies, et ceters. All in all we're looking at 60,000 square meters of usable space, of course including storage for tech, knowledge and the like, preferrably arranged in several levels for maximum efficiency and fueled by fusion and geothermal plants for long-term stability.
The vault would be supposed to be capable of supporting a thousand people for roughly fifty years in total isolation. Unfortunately, we haven't finished actual blueprints yet."
[/quote]

General Torres was astounded at the size the required. "My apologies, I foolishly held the assumption your vault would be like any vault one might find in a bank. Driver, there has been a change of plans, we wont need to visit the complex after all, Take us straight to the Southern Royal Residence. Alexander, since our complex will not be able to able to accommodate your vault we shall retire to some more homely conditions in on of the Royal Residences. There shall be maps available for us to help you select the correct area for your construction. However, it would be most inhospitable of me not to offer you dinner and or rest when we arrive. The chefs there have studied you're countries eating habits and should be able to conjure up a meal fit for your taste buds. However, you are more than welcome to instead sample Tiministanian cuisine, I would recommend the Peppered Orcinus Orca Steak if you do. The choice is yours, we can of course continue our discussion about finding a suitable plot of land for you now and have dinner later should that please you."

[quote name='King Timmy' timestamp='1289228597' post='2506082']
General Torres was astounded at the size the required. "My apologies, I foolishly held the assumption your vault would be like any vault one might find in a bank. Driver, there has been a change of plans, we wont need to visit the complex after all, Take us straight to the Southern Royal Residence. Alexander, since our complex will not be able to able to accommodate your vault we shall retire to some more homely conditions in on of the Royal Residences. There shall be maps available for us to help you select the correct area for your construction. However, it would be most inhospitable of me not to offer you dinner and or rest when we arrive. The chefs there have studied you're countries eating habits and should be able to conjure up a meal fit for your taste buds. However, you are more than welcome to instead sample Tiministanian cuisine, I would recommend the Peppered Orcinus Orca Steak if you do. The choice is yours, we can of course continue our discussion about finding a suitable plot of land for you now and have dinner later should that please you."
[/quote]
"Actually, I would very much prefer to have dinner as soon as possible. I'd like to try your cuisine. Meanwhile, perhaps some geologists and architects of yours can try and find a suitable location in the meantime? And, apologies that we hadn't told you about the size required for the vault. But to be assured everything works perfectly and the file storages won't deteoriate, humans will have to keep them running. Thus, so much space for people to live in."
He shut off the holo-computer, putting it back into his pocket and then leaning back. Unless Torres had further questions, the CEO of Oberone only had to wait for their arrival at the southern Royal Residence where they would dine and later discuss the construction in greater detail.

[quote name='Lynneth' timestamp='1289229958' post='2506093']
"Actually, I would very much prefer to have dinner as soon as possible. I'd like to try your cuisine. Meanwhile, perhaps some geologists and architects of yours can try and find a suitable location in the meantime? And, apologies that we hadn't told you about the size required for the vault. But to be assured everything works perfectly and the file storages won't deteoriate, humans will have to keep them running. Thus, so much space for people to live in."
He shut off the holo-computer, putting it back into his pocket and then leaning back. Unless Torres had further questions, the CEO of Oberone only had to wait for their arrival at the southern Royal Residence where they would dine and later discuss the construction in greater detail.
[/quote]

"Dinner first it is, it should be ready for when we arrive. I shall have the team of various experts already at the Residence begin to search for an alternate site immediately. Driver, phone ahead and tell them to prepare two Orca Steaks and for the team of experts to begin searching for a site of over 60,000 square meters."

They waited for the vehicle to arrive at their destination.

"Ah here we are, the Southern Royal Residence."

[center][IMG]http://img28.imageshack.us/img28/4015/srru.jpg[/IMG][/center]

"Come Alexander, dinner should be waiting. I shall lead you to the dining hall."

[quote name='King Timmy' timestamp='1289230982' post='2506100']
"Dinner first it is, it should be ready for when we arrive. I shall have the team of various experts already at the Residence begin to search for an alternate site immediately. Driver, phone ahead and tell them to prepare two Orca Steaks and for the team of experts to begin searching for a site of over 60,000 square meters."

They waited for the vehicle to arrive at their destination.

"Ah here we are, the Southern Royal Residence."

[center][IMG]http://img28.imageshack.us/img28/4015/srru.jpg[/IMG][/center]

"Come Alexander, dinner should be waiting. I shall lead you to the dining hall."
[/quote]
Alexander was quite impressed. He hadn't expected an antarctic nation capable of building something as grand as this.
In his mind, Tiministan had gained respect for presumably constructing more than one such building and subsequently cities with similar technology.
He attempted to not let this be seen or noticed, however, simply following Torres to the dining hall.

"Ah here we are, the dinning hall. Won't you please take a seat. And here they are, two peppered Peppered Orcinus Orca Steak with sea grown vegetables. A delicacy only few only ever get to taste. Also, I understand my team of engineers has located the perfect sopt for your complex, however we should not burden ourselves with that while our food gets cold! Enjoy."

[quote name='King Timmy' timestamp='1289325415' post='2508234']
"Ah here we are, the dinning hall. Won't you please take a seat. And here they are, two peppered Peppered Orcinus Orca Steak with sea grown vegetables. A delicacy only few only ever get to taste. Also, I understand my team of engineers has located the perfect sopt for your complex, however we should not burden ourselves with that while our food gets cold! Enjoy."
[/quote]
Alexander sat into the chair, looking at his orca steak.
It most certainly looked interesting, and he hoped it would taste similarly interesting - but good. Thusly, he decided to try a bite after Torres had sat, not responding to Tiministani engineers having found a good location already.
Dinner was more important.

Torres sat and began to eat. It was not custom to use knives or forks in Tiministan, but they had been provided for him and his guest. He began to eat, savouring every bite. He hoped his guest enjoyed his steak, it tasted like beef but sweeter and much much more tender. He finished it some time later, and waited for his guest to finish too.

[quote name='King Timmy' timestamp='1289326923' post='2508286']
Torres sat and began to eat. It was not custom to use knives or forks in Tiministan, but they had been provided for him and his guest. He began to eat, savouring every bite. He hoped his guest enjoyed his steak, it tasted like beef but sweeter and much much more tender. He finished it some time later, and waited for his guest to finish too.
[/quote]
The meat was indeed interesting yet tasty, though not quite the kind of meat Alexander would like to eat every day.
He took a little longer than Torres to finish his food, afterwards wiping his mouth with a napkin.
"Quite tasty, I must say. Unusual, but tasty. I must thank you for introducing me to this food...
However, business awaits us now. Shall we proceed with it here or in another room?"

[quote name='Lynneth' timestamp='1289329524' post='2508327']
The meat was indeed interesting yet tasty, though not quite the kind of meat Alexander would like to eat every day.
He took a little longer than Torres to finish his food, afterwards wiping his mouth with a napkin.
"Quite tasty, I must say. Unusual, but tasty. I must thank you for introducing me to this food...
However, business awaits us now. Shall we proceed with it here or in another room?"
[/quote]

"You are most welcome. Not many get to taste the "Killer Whale" as it is more commonly known as we have a policy of limiting the amount that can be hunted each year. Anyhow, I won't bother you with that, we shall continue in here. Don't be alarmed." Torres pressed a button under the table and the chairs they were sitting on began to move slowly backwards, while all the unused chairs dissapeared below the floor. When they reached a distance from the table so that their legs would not get caught, the table began to turn over. On the other side was a large touch sensetive interactive map of Tiministan, which runs on Linux. Torres stood up, and his chair disappeared below the floor, "I do have to apologise, my King is a fan of James Bond movies. Now let's get on with finding you a suitabe location. As you can see, there are two areas our Engineers have decided would be able to host your facility, you can see they are both circle on the map. One is to the east, and one to the west. If you would care to select one I believe a description of the area should appear along with our Engineers verdict of the area."

Edited by King Timmy

[quote name='King Timmy' timestamp='1289404258' post='2509367']
"You are most welcome. Not many get to taste the "Killer Whale" as it is more commonly known as we have a policy of limiting the amount that can be hunted each year. Anyhow, I won't bother you with that, we shall continue in here. Don't be alarmed." Torres pressed a button under the table and the chairs they were sitting on began to move slowly backwards, while all the unused chairs dissapeared below the floor. When they reached a distance from the table so that their legs would not get caught, the table began to turn over. On the other side was a large touch sensetive interactive map of Tiministan, which runs on Linux. Torres stood up, and his chair disappeared below the floor, "I do have to apologise, my King is a fan of James Bond movies. Now let's get on with finding you a suitabe location. As you can see, there are two areas our Engineers have decided would be able to host your facility, you can see they are both circle on the map. One is to the east, and one to the west. If you would care to select one I believe a description of the area should appear along with our Engineers verdict of the area."
[/quote]
"No need to apologize. it's actually quite interesting that you got this to run so smoothly," Alexander said as he got off the chair, walking to Torres and the map.
"Now, for the locations.."
He examined both possible locations, weighting the pros and cons of building on each, then selected the eastern area on the touchscreen.
"Let's see what they've gathered about this location."

The computer began to talk.

Eastern Basin... Computing data...

Population... Zero...
Size... 800,000 square meters...
Military Emplacements... Two airfields capable of hosting C-5 aircraft within 10 miles. One army base hosting 5th Regiment Royal Artillery 5 miles west...
Ice Density Strength... 100,000 N/mm maximum... Capable of holsting proposed design...
Maximum depth... One kilometer...
Visibility Index... 3... Visible from 1km - 5 km...

Edited by King Timmy

[quote name='King Timmy' timestamp='1289409243' post='2509419']
The computer began to talk.

Eastern Basin... Computing data...

Population... Zero...
Size... 800,000 square meters...
Military Emplacements... Two airfields capable of hosting C-5 aircraft within 10 miles. One army base hosting 5th Regiment Royal Artillery 5 miles west...
Ice Density Strength... 100,000 N/mm maximum... Capable of holsting proposed design...
Maximum depth... One kilometer...
Visibility Index... 3... Visible from 1km - 5 km...
[/quote]
"Text to speech, and rather accurate at that. Nice."
Once looking over the data, Alexander clicked the western location, to see how it fared.

The computer began to talk again.

Western Valley... Computing data...

Population... Zero...
Size... 200,000 square meters...
Military Emplacements... One airfield capable of hosting C-5 aircraft 6 miles south. Four army bases within 20 miles...
Ice Density Strength... 75,000 N/mm maximum... Capable of holsting proposed design...
Maximum depth... 750 meters...
Visibility Index... 1... Visible from less than 500 meters

Edited by King Timmy

[quote name='King Timmy' timestamp='1289413632' post='2509477']
The computer began to talk again.

Western Valley... Computing data...

Population... Zero...
Size... 200,000 square meters...
Military Emplacements... One airfield capable of hosting C-5 aircraft 6 miles south. Four army bases within 20 miles...
Ice Density Strength... 75,000 N/mm maximum... Capable of holsting proposed design...
Maximum depth... 750 meters...
Visibility Index... 1... Visible from less than 500 meters
[/quote]
"Hrm. What exactly is the visibility index calculated from? Do note that the bunker could easily be disguised as scientific outpost of some sort.
Though I'm not entirely sure how-" suddenly, something peeped. Hearing this sound, Alexander took out his holoPC, which apparently doubled as mobile phone of sorts.
"Ah, apparently, some of the plans are done. Let's see..."
He activated the hologram once more, now showing three different levels.
[url="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v284/Lynneth_del_Serpentas/AE/CNRP/Corp/FirstLvl_D.png"][img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v284/Lynneth_del_Serpentas/AE/CNRP/Corp/th_FirstLvl_D.png[/img][/url]
[url="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v284/Lynneth_del_Serpentas/AE/CNRP/Corp/SecondLvl_D.png"][img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v284/Lynneth_del_Serpentas/AE/CNRP/Corp/th_SecondLvl_D.png[/img][/url]
[url="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v284/Lynneth_del_Serpentas/AE/CNRP/Corp/ThirdLvl_D.png"][img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v284/Lynneth_del_Serpentas/AE/CNRP/Corp/th_ThirdLvl_D.png[/img][/url]

"Ahh...Each level seems to be roughly 160 by 90 meters on the sides, making for a deeper, but less area-demanding project. The entire thing can now fit on roughly 15,000 square meters or so. Quite interesting, and it should open up further possible locations to build near."
He turned to Torres.
"Could your people perchance use the new numbers to look for additional locations? Each level requires roughly 8 meters height, it seems, with the uppermost level having to be at least 50 meters or so beneath the surface."

Edited by Lynneth

[quote name='Lynneth' timestamp='1289414380' post='2509490']
"Hrm. What exactly is the visibility index calculated from? Do note that the bunker could easily be disguised as scientific outpost of some sort.
Though I'm not entirely sure how-" suddenly, something peeped. Hearing this sound, Alexander took out his holoPC, which apparently doubled as mobile phone of sorts.
"Ah, apparently, some of the plans are done. Let's see..."
He activated the hologram once more, now showing three different levels.

"Ahh...Each level seems to be roughly 160 by 90 meters on the sides, making for a deeper, but less area-demanding project. The entire thing can now fit on roughly 15,000 square meters or so. Quite interesting, and it should open up further possible locations to build near."
He turned to Torres.
"Could your people perchance use the new numbers to look for additional locations? Each level requires roughly 8 meters height, it seems, with the uppermost level having to be at least 50 meters or so beneath the surface."
[/quote]

The computer spoke once more.

Visibility Index... Computing Description...

The visibilty index denotes how visible an area is from the surrounding area. Due to large ice flows around various areas, some places can be quite secluded and difficult to see, while some can be open spaces and can be seen from a great distance. It uses a scale from zero to ten, zero being only visible from less than 10 meters and 10 being visible from greater than 40 kilometers...

General Torres then spoke, "Unfortunately there are not many areas capable of holding structures. The ice is just not stable enough to hold any significant amount of weight. Most have already been populated by civilians. These are two areas we are currently aware are capable of holding your bunker, for us to find more we would need to send out more survey workers, which in the cold weather can take quite some time. However, we will do this if you would prefer us to keep looking."

Edited by King Timmy

[quote name='King Timmy' timestamp='1289418088' post='2509538']
The computer spoke once more.

Visibility Index... Computing Description...

The visibilty index denotes how visible an area is from the surrounding area. Due to large ice flows around various areas, some places can be quite secluded and difficult to see, while some can be open spaces and can be seen from a great distance. It uses a scale from zero to ten, zero being only visible from less than 10 meters and 10 being visible from greater than 40 kilometers...

General Torres then spoke, "Unfortunately there are not many areas capable of holding structures. The ice is just not stable enough to hold any significant amount of weight. Most have already been populated by civilians. These are two areas we are currently aware are capable of holding your bunker, for us to find more we would need to send out more survey workers, which in the cold weather can take quite some time. However, we will do this if you would prefer us to keep looking."
[/quote]
"Thanks for the clarification, computer...Heh. Feels like Star Trek."
Listening to the General, Leclerc nodded. "I see. Well, in that case I believe the western location would be better, being less visible and still having more than enough space to construct the bunker with ease. Would you mind if, officially, we call it an endeavour to build a research outpost?"

[quote name='Lynneth' timestamp='1289418504' post='2509542']
"Thanks for the clarification, computer...Heh. Feels like Star Trek."
Listening to the General, Leclerc nodded. "I see. Well, in that case I believe the western location would be better, being less visible and still having more than enough space to construct the bunker with ease. Would you mind if, officially, we call it an endeavour to build a research outpost?"
[/quote]

"Then the west it shall be. But of course, many of our research stations required extensive underground construction, so a research outpost would be most believeable. It looks like we have a deal. Now you must be wondering how much we want charge you for the leasing of the ground, but you may or may not know we hold little value of currency in Tiministan. Whilst we would be happy to accept it should there be no other option, we hold much higher value for many other things such as trade, technology and ofcourse, favours."

[quote name='King Timmy' timestamp='1289420776' post='2509572']
"Then the west it shall be. But of course, many of our research stations required extensive underground construction, so a research outpost would be most believeable. It looks like we have a deal. Now you must be wondering how much we want charge you for the leasing of the ground, but you may or may not know we hold little value of currency in Tiministan. Whilst we would be happy to accept it should there be no other option, we hold much higher value for many other things such as trade, technology and ofcourse, favours."
[/quote]
"We could offer a variety of technologies or manufactured goods. Sri Lanka somewhat lacks resources, so we have to import most - excepting food, of which we have plenty.
How about we donate food in monthly intervals to Tiministan for the duration of the lease? Or would something else be more appropriate"