1.d I send 50 tech.

--

2.a You send 3 mil.

2.b I send 50 tech.

2.c You send 3 mil.

2.d I send 50 tech.

--

3. You send 3 mil to finalize the deal.

Too bad I just bought another wonder, and just barely passed up the FAC.

Edited by Kzoppistan

[quote name='Kzoppistan' timestamp='1288471275' post='2497477']
If you want, I will sell you tech in this format:

1.a. You send 3 mil.

1.b I send 50 tech.

1.c You send 3 mil.

1.d I send 50 tech.

--

2.a You send 3 mil.

2.b I send 50 tech.

2.c You send 3 mil.

2.d I send 50 tech.

--

3. You send 3 mil to finalize the deal.

Too bad I just bought another wonder, and just barely passed up the FAC.
[/quote]

Either you are bad at math or just being cute.

He offered 4.5 million for 100, not 50 tech. Your proposal works out to 7.5 million for 100 tech and costs even more than the already expensive 3M/50T offers you can find anywhere.

What the OP was trying to say is that it isn't about the actual price, but the increased waste in slots that these 3M/50T deals cost. I'd be happy to pay more, but I'm not about to clog up valuable slots with these new price deals. I have 6 slots and usually only find 3-4 sellers a month. But I get the same amount [b]or more[/b] tech coming in that those who go with 3M/50T deals. I'd rather waste the slots going empty than waste them on sellers who don't grasp that 3M/50T isn't worth the effort. Best that a nation can get per month is 300T on those 3M/50T deals. So if I only get half the deals going then I'm doing as well as those other buyers and if I get a 4th or more then I'm increasing my tech faster than most everyone else. If it was only about money then I'd be happy to pay 4.5M/100T if the seller had a FAC. We aren't being cheap by holding out for the better deals. We are doing the right thing to keep our nations growing faster than the competition.

Personally, I think the OP had a great proposal. A new player who got a FAC would fill his slots immediately and they would stay filled until the seller wanted to stop selling at the 4.5M/100T price. It might be pricey at first but the seller would recoup that investment fast and go on to great profits for a long time and a never ending supply of buyers.

You new nations should take that as a big hint. Invest in a FAC early and you will never run out of 4.5M/100T offers. I guarantee it.

[quote name='+Zeke+' timestamp='1288668486' post='2499582']
Either you are bad at math or just being cute.
[/quote]

Embarrassingly, it's the former. :(

[quote name='+Zeke+' timestamp='1288668486' post='2499582']
He offered 4.5 million for 100, not 50 tech. [/quote]

Yeah, yeah, I got that. I only had roughly one minute to post this before I had to run out the door and goofed the math. I don't have the FAC and it'll be a about month before I can because I'm developing another wonder right now, but I was trying to work it out if he still wanted to do business anyway.

3 mil. for 100 tech is a standard deal. 4.5 is a good deal for sellers, which is what got my attention. Instead of wasting a slot on 1.5 mil, I was trying to work it out so that he could send the 3 mil after two rounds.

The proper format would be:

Buyer sends 3 mill.

Seller sends 50 tech.

Seller sends 50 tech.

At which point he would owe 1.5 mil.

Repeat:

Buyer sends 3 mill.

Seller sends 50 tech.

Seller sends 50 tech.

At which point he would owe 3 mil and could send it.

There. That was what I meant. If that is too inefficient for him because of his FAC, fine, I don't care, I'm actually on the buying end nowdays, I just happen to be a particularly reliable seller and was trying to help him out.

[quote]You new nations should take that as a big hint.[/quote]

Now it seems you are the one being cute. :rolleyes:

Edited by Kzoppistan