Tech Bill Reduction Error

Seerow

So, it's been brought to my attention that people with large amounts of tech are exceeding 10% infra upkeep reduction. (This value found by doing the math and actually finding out what percentage it's being reduced by the tech)

It makes sense. Initially the formula [(2 * Technology Level) / Nation Strength bill.] was made on the assumption of tech being worth 20 NS, so the 10% cap was implicit, it was just spelled out for people who didn't quite understand the math behind it. Someone who's entire NS was made up of technology would have the 10% reduction. Which was in theory nice, but in practice impossible, and people would have 2-5% reductions in infra upkeep.

Then, the tech NS change happened, and that value changed. The theoretical max became 40%, while the norm became closer to 10%. But the official documentation never changed, it still says today:

Technology decreases infrastructure upkeep costs up to a maximum 10% discount based on the following formula: (2 * Technology Level) / Nation Strength = Percent off infrastructure upkeep bill.

Which makes one assume that there's a hard cap in place to prevent you from getting above that 10%.

So what's all this about? Either the official documentation should be changed (to the new implicit maximum of 40%), or there should be a hard in-game cap at 10% that can't be passed regardless of tech level compared to your NS.

yeah, i checked the numbers directly after the tech-value has been changed and the calculator we use displayed the exact infra-upkeep i had ingame, which was a 13% bonus. however, i made another infrajump since then and i have not rechecked it right now. will do shortly.