Nunavut News, Actions and Developments

Stefano Palmieri

[b]Naval Expansion and Launch of the RNS Hudson Announced[/b]
Today the government announced it's intention to expand what they have already purchased for the Nunavut Navy. To be added are 3 [url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Armidale_class_patrol_boat"]Altarian Class Patrol Boats[/url], and 1 [url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foudre_class_landing_platform_dock"]Aurora Class Landing Ship[/url]. In addition, the second destroyer, the RNS Hudson was launched today.

[i][b]SIC[/b][/i]
The Hudson, along with it's sister ship the Eva Aariak, were sent to the Imperial Hudson Reich where it could help blockade the coast along with the Disparu Navy.

[b]A message from the Tricell Fortress on Wales Island was sent to the Nunavut high Government.[/b]

Greetings to whom it may concern.
I am writing from the Tricell installation on Wales Island. I am writing to arrange a meeting between myself and the board of directors and your senior staff to discuss the purchase of Wales Island for Tricell International Pharmaceauticals.

Sincerley
Alice Wesker
B.O.D

[quote]To Alice Wesker,

This is quite an unusual request. However we are open to the idea. A meeting has been arranged with Premier James Arreak at Pelly Bay, as the Island falls under his jurisdiction.
-Eva Aariak
President of Nunavut[/quote]
OOC: Skip to the meeting

[i]Public[/i]
The government has orded 24 [url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NH-90"]NH-90s[/url] and 24 [url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SH-60_Seahawk#SH-60B_Seahawk"]Seabirds[/url]to be placed on the Nottingham Class Amphibious Assault Ships.

[i][b]SIC[/b][/i]
The government has ordered elements of the Nottingham and Coral Bay Air forces to the former Altarian Republic capital. The defcon has been raised to Defcon 1.

Alice arrived at Pelly Bay early in the morning after travelling from the company helicopter stationed at the installation. Her heels clicked across the floor as she entered the meeting room to meet Premier James Arreak. Due to the cold she was wearing her old combat fatigues, but she had time to change in the bathrooms and make herself look presentable. After spending a minute or two finding the mans office she knocked gently on the door and waited for a reply...

With the knock at the door James yelled out "Come in, come in". He jumped up, opened the door and let her in. "Hi, I'm James Arreak, Premier of the Pelly Bay Region. You must be Miss Wesker. Please come and take a seat". He guided her towards his desk. "So, straight to business. You wish to purchase Wales Island. This is quite unusual. Would you mind if would enquire as to why?"

"Well we have held an insallation on Wales Island since General Bonaparte of New Canada stormed the Island to destroy the pirate infestation many years ago, we helped the french construct the city as part of a deal with Imperial Canada and whilst we dont rely on the locals for supplys, we buy all of our fresh food from the markets.

The two companies of Tricell Guards are former Canadian soldiers as are almost all of the staff with the exception of the board of directors.
We believe that we should have the Island as our own, no people will need to move or anything, for all intents and purposes Wales Island would still be yours, IE on the maps and all its infrastructural facilities, but Tricell will maintain it"

James sat back in his chair in thought. "Hmmm. That sounds reasonable enough. There would indeed have to be a condition of course. The condition would be that should you need to sell the island for any reason, you must offer it to us first. No one else. So if you agree to that condition, then we have no objections with selling it".

[quote]To: Nunavut government

Dear Sir or Madam:

It is my proud duty to inform you that the contract agreed upon between your government and Arctica Motor Works has been completed.

Your order of 45x B1 Lancers, priced at $285 million each, has been shipped to your designated delivery address. It has been a pleasure doing business with you, and we look forward to working with you in the future.

Regards,

Daniel Westen
Vice Preside of Sales, Arctica Motor Works[/quote]

• 1 month later...

[b] The Former Haakarian Empire to be incorporated into the Nunavut Protectorate.[/b]
With no contact being able to be established with the government of the Hakaarian Empire 1000 men from the Nunavut Protectorate Force (a government initiative to rotate the protection of the region) shall be sent to the Hakaarian Empire to bring the lands under the control of the republic.

OOC: Baskan rerolled a while ago and no one picked up on it.

Edited by Stefano Palmieri