The Arctic Meeting

kitex

Dorothy then stamped the signatures of Blue Heaven's leadership onto the treaty.

"Before we end this, we would like some possible advice. As you probably well know, Blue Heaven has just finished a war with the GLP and we wanted some advice on how to deal with them in the future, seeing ashow Disparu has had some wars with the GLP as well."

Meridian buried her face into her palms. "Well, to be honest, our wars with the Great Lakes Provinces and its predecessor, the Great Lakes States, were mostly fought against terrorists based in their nation. The only time we [i]nearly[/i] fought with the nation's legitimate government was when the same terrorists attacked locations in the United States and the Great Lakes Provinces, and the government appeared to do nothing about the situation. Plus, we usually had an ally by our side, such as the former Republic of New England, the former Federated States and the United States.

If you ever deal with them in the future, you should know that they employ a lot of unconventional static border defences. They generally use some sort of slippery liquid, so your troops would have difficulty getting to the other side without getting hurt or killed. They also tend to use aircraft and weapons with large amounts of firepower, and they have a lot of tricks up their sleeves. If you're dealing with a GLP-based terrorist organization, you should know that the terrorists would result to inhumane and cruel measures just to defend themselves, like forcing civilians to act as a shield between them and advancing forces.

Anyways, my advice would be to construct extensive border defences along your border with the Great Lakes Provinces. The defences should preferably have military outposts along it to act as a first line of defence. Also, it would be a good idea to plant mines and the like near the border, just to stall an incoming invasion. Disparu is already doing the same, even though it's hurting as internally. We had to evacuate [i]millions[/i] of residents along the border, demolish civilian centres and replace them with explosives. I fear we may be damaging our environment in the process..." Meridian paused momentarily as she gathered her thoughts.

"Um, if I can, I'd like to ask some questions as well. I'd like to know how exactly Mr. Smith lived after his 'death'. Also, does anyone else know that he's still alive?"

[quote name='Pikachurin' date='15 July 2010 - 08:53 PM' timestamp='1279241592' post='2373836']
Meridian buried her face into her palms. "Well, to be honest, our wars with the Great Lakes Provinces and its predecessor, the Great Lakes States, were mostly fought against terrorists based in their nation. The only time we [i]nearly[/i] fought with the nation's legitimate government was when the same terrorists attacked locations in the United States and the Great Lakes Provinces, and the government appeared to do nothing about the situation. Plus, we usually had an ally by our side, such as the former Republic of New England, the former Federated States and the United States.

If you ever deal with them in the future, you should know that they employ a lot of unconventional static border defences. They generally use some sort of slippery liquid, so your troops would have difficulty getting to the other side without getting hurt or killed. They also tend to use aircraft and weapons with large amounts of firepower, and they have a lot of tricks up their sleeves. If you're dealing with a GLP-based terrorist organization, you should know that the terrorists would result to inhumane and cruel measures just to defend themselves, like forcing civilians to act as a shield between them and advancing forces.

Anyways, my advice would be to construct extensive border defences along your border with the Great Lakes Provinces. The defences should preferably have military outposts along it to act as a first line of defence. Also, it would be a good idea to plant mines and the like near the border, just to stall an incoming invasion. Disparu is already doing the same, even though it's hurting as internally. We had to evacuate [i]millions[/i] of residents along the border, demolish civilian centres and replace them with explosives. I fear we may be damaging our environment in the process..." Meridian paused momentarily as she gathered her thoughts.

"Um, if I can, I'd like to ask some questions as well. I'd like to know how exactly Mr. Smith lived after his 'death'. Also, does anyone else know that he's still alive?"
[/quote]

Roger grinned. "Firstly, thank you for the information and as to what happened after my death, I already told you, I laid low and got a job as an investor. After a while I came into contact with Lila Nevak during the small terrorist problem we had and we became friends. I told her that I wanted to be a special envoy to DIsparu and she allowed me. Also, for the most part, only the Cabinet knows that I am still alive."

[quote name='kitex' date='15 July 2010 - 09:01 PM' timestamp='1279242087' post='2373844']
Roger grinned. "Firstly, thank you for the information and as to what happened after my death, I already told you, I laid low and got a job as an investor. After a while I came into contact with Lila Nevak during the small terrorist problem we had and we became friends. I told her that I wanted to be a special envoy to DIsparu and she allowed me. Also, for the most part, only the Cabinet knows that I am still alive."
[/quote]
"In that case, I'll try to keep that a secret." said Meridian as she gave a reassuring smile. "Is there anything else you would like to discuss?"

[quote name='Pikachurin' date='15 July 2010 - 09:06 PM' timestamp='1279242360' post='2373850']
"In that case, I'll try to keep that a secret." said Meridian as she gave a reassuring smile. "Is there anything else you would like to discuss?"
[/quote]

"No, thank you though for your time and thanks," Roger said.

[quote name='kitex' date='15 July 2010 - 09:15 PM' timestamp='1279242921' post='2373862']
"No, thank you though for your time and thanks," Roger said.
[/quote]
"Ah yes, thanks." said Meridian as she shook hands again with the couple. She and her staff soon took the limo back to the airport and returned to Disparu.