Alliances

I have just started this game and have received a RIDICULOUS amounts of alliance messages in my inbox. I was hoping to form some sort of close relationship with a few other nations, such as trade and military protection, as well as technology and other things. Not to be a part of hundreds of other nameless countries! Why should I be part of an alliance where there's so many people I don't even know why I'm a part of it?

I thought this was a nation simulator game, not entire empires which control hundreds of countries!

I thought that once upon a time too Yuri, so kudos to you for being independent.

But after two months of playing the game I found myself bored, there isn't a lot to be offered without alliances. They provide a place to talk to your fellow allies and members, a place to learn game mechanics, and a place to be safe.

When you're unaligned you won't be protected unless you're smart and sell to an alliance which protects you. You won't be trained or given access to guides the sameway you would within an alliance, and primarily, you'll just find the game mechanics slow and monotonous without people to shoot the breeze with.

So look at it like this, if the message you get you don't like, ignore them. Find your own alliance here - http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showforum=24

Talk to the leaders, gov officials, get to know them before making a decision on your own, an informed one. Many such I've met have done exactly that and find themselves happier having chosen their alliance based on what they learned than just feeling like another recruit for some big alliance.

This will sound like another invite message but this alliance is small but powerful. Aid avalible. 3 mil to start up. Protection. (told you it would sound like an invite) [b]We only have 30-odd nations, but will fully protect you.
[/b]
If you want to take a look, join here: http://cn-wff.forumotion.com/index.htm

Even if you don't join that one, all I can say is just give them (alliances) a try. That is what I did and I still haven't left that alliance. I created my nation. Got the flood of invites. 5 days later, I decided to try one out. Almost 190 days later, I'm still in that one that I tried out.

Edited by usmcdude2599

[quote name='Yuri Armstrong' date='13 July 2010 - 04:53 PM' timestamp='1279054364' post='2369633']
That is indeed wise advice. I was hoping for more of a game that focused on actual nations and diplomacy between individual countries instead of massive empires. Still though, this game looks good so I think I will check the alliances that are available.
[/quote]

Cybernations has much to offer to someone willing to take the time to learn. As for the "massive empires" approach, in reality, that is [i]exactly[/i] what happens. For a nation simulation game, we do a pretty good job simulating real life where individual countries tend to fight in groups.

Consider yourself one state, the US your alliance, and the Allies of WWII your side for a war here.

Good luck in finding your alliance.