Aussies in the Atlantic

After having been given a positive response to the economic overtures, the ArchChancellor of the Falkands, Alice Wesker, was notified that the Austrailian government was finally sending a representative to work out a deal for a slice of the vast oil resources the Islands possessed.

It was asked that she prepared any offers she had for the representative as a preliminary gauge for him to determine the optimum outcome for all concerned.

Edited by Subtleknifewielder

When the Australian representative arrived he was taken directly to the Archchancellors office.
"Greetings, Im Archancellor Alice Wesker, please sit and enjoy the refreshments.

Now then, we are currently full up on oil contracts for drilling rights, however FB (Falklands Petroleum), a Government administered oil company currently operating in our fields have expressed interest in selling oil to the Australian Government that they drill, aswell as natural gas.

All I ask in return, is the sale of uranium for our nuclear power stations fuel supply, and the contract provides enough revenue for the company and government to maintain operations and receive profit."

She pushed forward a folder with a draft of a treaty inside.

[quote]Article 1: The undersigned nations agree to increase trade in goods and services between their nations under the auspices of this agreement.

Article 2: In the interest of increasing trade, the undersigned nations agree to reduce tariffs on all goods imported from the other signatory by 1.3%

Article 3: The undersigned nations shall promote an increase in financial investment in such a way that does not violate any law or ordinance in either signatory.

Article 4: The Las Malvinas Island Territories will sell Oil to the Queendom of Australia in exchange for the purchase of Uranium.

Article 5: If any party wishes to cancel this treaty, 72 hours notice must be given beforehand.

[/quote]

Edited by Zoot Zoot

"Good, very good, Archchancelor." The negotiator, an average man in every way (height, body frame, brown hair and eyes, plain features), was obviously pleased that the request sent in the message had been heeded.

"I assume you want the Uranium for research purposes, such as providing power? We are willing to go a step further, if you like...we are willing to, at the very least, offer you comprehensive blueprints to a working nuclear reactor, and perhaps even help you build it. of course, it wouldn't be free, but it would cut costs for yourselves in the research department."

Edited by Subtleknifewielder

"Ah Sir your kindness is noted, that is an excellent deal, name your price and Ill see how it goes from there. R+D did send me a memo informing me of the difficulties. The previous regime had several reactors spread across the territories, sadley each one at somepoint or the other went into meltdown and well, exploded. A decades worth of being neglected isnt good.

Also, is there anything you wish to add to the treaty? and may I add the following Article?
"The Queendom of Australia will provide comprehensive blueprints for a working nuclear reactor, aid in construction and train/retrain staff"

"Add it when we've finalized the agreement. What we would want in exchange for this is a slightly preferential treatment when it comes to purchasing any trade goods from you. Of course we wouldn't ask you to sell below or even at production cost, but a more competitive price would be required--in other words, a slightly lower price than you would offer to other nations."

"I'm not talking just about oil, Ma'am, when I refer to discounts. While I realize this is your primary trade resource, it is not the only one, or at least it won't be in the future. Consider this more...speculation in favor of your future economy, which will surely take off soon if it hasn't already, considering the interest in your current major resource."

Article 1: The undersigned nations agree to increase trade in goods and services between their nations under the auspices of this agreement.

Article 2: In the interest of increasing trade, the undersigned nations agree to reduce tariffs on all goods imported from the other signatory by 1.3%

Article 3: The undersigned nations shall promote an increase in financial investment in such a way that does not violate any law or ordinance in either signatory.

Article 4: The Las Malvinas Island Territories will sell Oil to the Queendom of Australia in exchange for the purchase of Uranium.

Article 5: The Queendom of Australia will provide comprehensive blueprints for a working nuclear reactor, aid in construction and train/retrain staff in exchange for discounts on products at a competitive price.

Article 5: If any party wishes to cancel this treaty, 72 hours notice must be given beforehand.

Signed for Las Malvinas
Alice Wesker