Question Regarding Cuba

zzzptm

A recent revelation on El Show de Carlos Rosas has gained currency as the blogosphere has picked up the story. Here's the clip:

[quote]
[b]A SecondPersonSingularTube Video that you probably already had forwarded to you plays...[/b]

Carlos Rosas sits on the left of the screen. His guest, [i]La Prensa[/i] columnist Octavio Paz, sits on the right.

ROSAS: So you're saying you don't agree with Louisiana assertions that Cuba is peaceful?
PAZ: That's what I'm saying.
ROSAS: Well, that's an extraordinary claim on your part. You've always said that ex-
PAZ: Yes, yes, I need extraordinary proof. I've been in communication with a number of Dominican Republic officials, and they've given me information that there's a grass-roots insurgency developing there. I don't have anything more, but I trust my sources.
ROSAS: So who are these rebels?
PAZ: They're not all Spanish-speakers. The movement has people of all cultures, I'm told.
ROSAS: You're told?
PAZ: Well, I think that's going to be the story for a long time. I doubt Louisiana will let much news out of the area.
ROSAS: And you stake your reputation as a commentator on this?
PAZ: I stake my reputation on this, yes. You'll see more in the coming months, I'm sure.

[/quote]

The government of Himynamistan has not issued any official statement on Paz' allegations, but people are talking...

[size="2"][u][i]The Revolutionary Government of the Dominican Republic hereby confirms reports of an uprising of some sort in Cuba. While information even to the Dominican Republic is scarce, it is suspected that El Comandante Che in somewhere in Cuba though this itself has not been confirmed. A large-scale man hunt for El Comandante has taken effect throughout the Dominican Republic.[/i][/u][/size]

[quote name='Bull Run' date='11 June 2010 - 06:29 PM' timestamp='1276298981' post='2334007']
[size="2"][u][i]The Revolutionary Government of the Dominican Republic hereby confirms reports of an uprising of some sort in Cuba. While information even to the Dominican Republic is scarce, it is suspected that El Comandante Che in somewhere in Cuba though this itself has not been confirmed. A large-scale man hunt for El Comandante has taken effect throughout the Dominican Republic.[/i][/u][/size]
[/quote]

This seems to lend some creedence to Mr. Paz' allegations. - "Himynamistan Newsnight" reporter Ana Calderon