Tampico Conference

zzzptm

"[i]Wilkommen,[/i] gentlemen! It's a wonderful day for air conditioning, no?"

Minister of State Madero motioned graciously to the chairs at the conference table. Everyone was glad to be out of the blazing heat. Pitchers of fresh juices dominated a serving area, along with various [i]pan dulces[/i] and small, aromatic candies.

After everyone got a little snack and settled into their chairs, Madero started the conference. "Basically, the arrangement is clear: FRA and AR are both German-speaking lands on the Gulf of Mexico, and we are desirous of good relations with the [i]volk[/i] of the region. We of Himynamistan would be pleased to offer a mutual defense pact for our nations. Since the Spanish-speaking populations in your nations are very small, an alliance with us would help to ensure that you need not worry about agitation from the rest of La Liga Indigena. In fact, you already are safe from any unwanted meddling from them, as they are focused on the Spanish-speaking and indigenous peoples of the region, and do not wish to export their brand of revolution. While we of Himynamistan are also revolutionary in our approach to government, we, too have no desire to export it and hope to enrich the peoples we deal with through mutually-beneficial trade."

He then showed brochures of the advanced C-200 rifle and the H-109 self-propelled howitzer.

"These, of course, would be some of the first benefits we would share with our allies. What do you think of them?"

Vice President Andrew Littleton stepped into the cold room, and took his seat at the table. He smiled briefly, and looked at the wares presented. "These would be worth looking into. We'll have some people looking into them, to see if we wish to buy these weapons. Although I must say, we are primarily an English speaking country, although German is one of our national languages, alongside Russian," he spoke, awaiting the Amerikaners to show up.

Edited by Germanic Republic

Henry Spirits represented Amerikanisches Reich. He held no title as the newly formed government of the Reich was still moving people into certain Ministries, etc. He just made it clear he officially represented Amerikanisches Reich on behalf of the Kaiser himself.

"I am glad you brought this up. We were growing somewhat alarmed by all the talk of freedom for the ingenious people, revolution, etc from our neighbors. We were hoping they did not think we held a population of natives or something to be freed. Our nation is almost entirely white Amerikaner, people of direct German descent. Most other races fled Amerikanisches Reich during the first Reich and most of the remainder left during the second. The tiny minority left are being encouraged to emigrate by the current government."

Henry paused and looked at Andrew, "However, another concern we have is signing a treaty with your nation. The FRA was one of our main roadblocks to reclaiming Texas. It should come to no surprise that our eye is still on that land, so the memories of past enemies is triggered... We are not wanting to hold a grudge but I have to represent and clarify Amerikanisches Reich's ambitions. What is everyone's position regarding the USA?"

He glanced at the weapons in the brochures and smirked, "I think we like this, nevertheless." He took a sip of the juice, "Nice kick to it."

OOC: I'm doing this on the assumption everyone was already at it, so I heard everything. Waiting on me isn't needed. Also, haha, this is technically the Third Reich, if I wanted to say it that way, :P

Edited by Otto Verteidiger

Littleton responded to the Amerikaner representative with caution, "You'll also remember that we royally screwed Texas when we pulled out and signed a peace treaty with you, to occupy Georgia, South Carolina, and Florida during the Pravus Ingruo crisis. While we were, indeed, an impediment to your reclamation of Texas, after a major war, two threats to our secutiry, elections, a period as a fascist state, and expansionist growth the issue has become ancient history to us.
"While inheriting the lands of Texas would definitely be a treat for us, I don't believe the new United States of America will be going away anytime soon, and we have signed a defensive treaty with them and are establishing a friendship with this nation."

Henry leaned back, "We appreciate the answers and we acknowledge that history is history in regards to you Littleton, we just merely wanted to get it out there and addressed. Being out of the world political scene for a bit, it is sometimes simply more efficient to ask bluntly than to read reports, to beat around the bush, etc. We wish to conduct ourselves diplomatically without straining our allies and in order to do this, we need to know how certain nations feel about others."

He paused, took a sip of water, then continued, "I feel everyone here is comfortable with everyone and a treaty is in order, however, I do not know if a MUTUAL defense pact is a good idea. We do not harbor any ill feelings towards the FRA but we frankly haven't dealt with them long enough to say, 'We'll send our boys to die for your flag'. We'd be willing to for Himynamistan at this point, though. We are definitely willing to work with the FRA to hit this point in our relationship, though."

OOC: Sigh. I had a good reply to this before I left yesterday for work but I guess I didn't hit post.

"Well, then, what would it take for us to get to that point?"

Madero got a text message. "Wow." He scrolled down. "Tahoe Republic is back. Chavez left Kuutsmil to go run things there... what do you gentlemen think of that?"

"You misheard me. Amerikanisches Reich is to that point for your nation, just not the FRA. If we're going to come to a treaty, all three of this, we needed to make that known. As for the second Tahoe, what a sham. Predating Amerikanisches Reich when we were referred to as Republic of War, long ago, Tahoe was a true ally. They continued to be as Amerikanisches Reich came to be. We regret not being able to prevent any of what has occurred. We side with Transvaal's view on this."

"That's fair, and we understand why you're not at that point with our nation. The times, they are a-changin', and I suppose our relations, too, will change. A treaty would be nice, if you have a suggestion for one, or we could just have a gentleman's agreement to remain amiable. As far as the new Tahoe is concerned, we agree with the Amerikanisches Reich and Transvaal. Our people bled and died for Tahoe, not this imposter state."

Edited by Germanic Republic

"We'd be happy to sign such a document. Usual boilerplate, I'm sure... and as for the new Tahoe, I think we might profit from engaging it diplomatically, all the same. Certainly, it would help us all to build understanding, etc.

"And we wouldn't want another blow-up such as precipitated over Cuba. Good relationships can keep bad things from happening."

Henry Spirits slid a piece of paper between the two other men to look over, "I think everything is okay. Feel free to edit, discuss, etc before we commit. I would like to inform you gentlemen that once this is signed, I will have a title. I think I fancy myself ambassador to the FRA."

[i]Tres Amigos [/i]

[i]Preamble[/i]
This treaty is signed in hopes of furthering friendship, understanding, and to defend allies against unwarranted aggression between the signatory nations. May Peace prosper.

[i]Article I - Non-Aggression[/i]
Signatories agree to not aggressively engage each other through open or covert military means, economic means, or propagandist means.

[i]Article II - Optional Defense[/i]
If one of the signatories of this treaty is come under attack, the other parties are encouraged to defend (whether through monetary means, weapons, etc.) said signatory, but not obligated to.

[i]Article III - Trade[/i]
Signatories agree to allow for the ease of trade between the two nations through no tariffs, less regulation when applicable, etc.

[i]Article IV - Freedom of Travel[/i]
Signatories shall implement semi-open border policies in regards to the other signatories. Security can be implemented as long as it does not severely disable the freedom of travel.

[i]Article V - Diplomatic Gestures[/i]
Signatories agree to swap ambassadors in hopes to prevent misunderstandings, to learn from each other, and to always have a direct line to other signatories.

[i]Article VI - Violation[/i]
If any signatory is found to violate these Articles, signatories will come together to discuss how to correct the violation or to cancel the treaty.

[i]Article VII - Cancellation[/i]
If any signatory wishes to cancel the treaty, they may do so at their discretion but 72 hours advanced notice must be given.

[i]Signatures:[/i]
Henry Spirits on behalf of the Kaiser of Amerikanisches Reich, Otto Verteidiger

I present to you the final draft and official treaty then. It's official gentlemen, it was nice to work this out with you and to come to this fine agreement. May we prosper.

[center]Tres Amigos

Preamble
This treaty is signed in hopes of furthering friendship, understanding, and to defend allies against unwarranted aggression between the signatory nations. May Peace prosper.

Article I - Non-Aggression
Signatories agree to not aggressively engage each other through open or covert military means, economic means, or propagandist means.

Article II - Optional Defense
If one of the signatories of this treaty is come under attack, the other parties are encouraged to defend (whether through monetary means, weapons, etc.) said signatory, but not obligated to.

Article III - Trade
Signatories agree to allow for the ease of trade between the two nations through no tariffs, less regulation when applicable, etc.

Article IV - Freedom of Travel
Signatories shall implement semi-open border policies in regards to the other signatories. Security can be implemented as long as it does not severely disable the freedom of travel.

Article V - Diplomatic Gestures
Signatories agree to swap ambassadors in hopes to prevent misunderstandings, to learn from each other, and to always have a direct line to other signatories.

Article VI - Violation
If any signatory is found to violate these Articles, signatories will come together to discuss how to correct the violation or to cancel the treaty.

Article VII - Cancellation
If any signatory wishes to cancel the treaty, they may do so at their discretion but 72 hours advanced notice must be given.

Signatures:

Henry Spirits on behalf of the Kaiser of Amerikanisches Reich, Otto Verteidiger

For the People of Himynamistan and their Nation,
First Speaker Zzzptm Nezahualcoyotl
Minister of State F.I. Madero

Signed,
Andrew Littleton
Vice President, Federal Republic of America[/center]

"Excellent work. We may have ideological differences, but we have a common, overriding interest to see the peace and prosperity of our nations and our neighbors develop. This is a great day."