Invitation to Flanders

Stefano Palmieri

[color="#9932CC"]*fast forward to meeting*
"Your grace, it is so wonderful that you would accept our invitation to visit our country." Said Count John, "So straight to business. I was hoping that we could reach some sort of Military and economic arrangement between our two countries. Would some sort of arrangement be agreeable?" [/color]

[color="#9932CC"]"Brilliant", said the count. "Well here is a treaty we drafted." He presented the following treaty:
[quote]
Preamble: The Nations of Holland and Flanders have come together in the spirit of Friendship to stabilize the area and confirm our friendship.

Article I:
Holland and Flanders agree to never act hostile toward one another.

Article II:
Both Holland and Flanders agree to respect each others interests and discuss any conflicting interests.

Article III:
Both Holland and Flanders agree to provide any assistance when it is required, whether it be by military, money or any other means

Article IV:
Both Holland and Flanders agree to open there ports to one another, allowing any ships of the other signatory to dock for free.

Article V:
Both Holland and Flanders agree to reduce tariffs as to increase trade between us.

Signed for Holland:
[i]Count John II of Avesnes, Count of Holland, Count of Hainaut
[/i]
Signed for Flanders:
[i]Duke Francois Marti[/i]n[/quote]

"If this not agreeable, please say so. I have an unmarried son and an unmarried daughter that may sweeten the deal if need be."[/color]

Edited by Stefano Palmieri