shorten Wonder waiting periods and revisit prerequisites

Remove or shorten waiting periods for wonder purchases and remove or lessen the prerequisites for purchase. In a 60 day round there are many wonders that are not practical. The WRC is probably the best example. Since tech is so much lower in TE it is not really worth shooting for since it requires 3 wonder purchases each with a 10 day waiting period. If TE intends to mimic the life of a nation in 60 short days nations need to be allowed to purchase more wonders in that period.

[quote name='JimKongIl' date='23 February 2010 - 10:45 AM' timestamp='1266940156' post='2199051']
Remove or shorten waiting periods for wonder purchases and remove or lessen the prerequisites for purchase. In a 60 day round there are many wonders that are not practical. The WRC is probably the best example. Since tech is so much lower in TE it is not really worth shooting for since it requires 3 wonder purchases each with a 10 day waiting period. If TE intends to mimic the life of a nation in 60 short days nations need to be allowed to purchase more wonders in that period.
[/quote]

Actually, I found the WRC + 400 tech + 2 nukes a day to be EXTREMELY useful for someone looking to do some smashing in the upper levels. Get a semi-respectable warchest and with the Pent already and the NRL's tech decrease you can do fairly well.

However, I do think the wonder period would be best served at 6 day cycles, creating roughly 8-9 per round and you can effectively make a difference by going Military or Economy or hybrid.

• 3 weeks later...

True about the WRC. :wub: I had that last round and it was awesome.

But the sentiment about wonder cycle length and its effect upon the ability to diversify within such a short length of time as the round is very much true. I'd love to be able to play around with different builds, rather than the kind of necessary focus upon one or the other that is allowable with such a few number of wonders able to be purchased.