Which Event Option?

Khalai Protoss

Option 1: Allow housing and resource gathering to take place on the land. +4% citizen count.

Option 2: Reserve the land and protect it by turning it into a national park. +3 happiness.

Total Population: 123,074 Supporters

Population Happiness: 54.40

Population Per Mile: 48.04 Population Per Mile.

67,573 Working Citizens

Avg. Gross Income Per Individual Per Day: $268.90

Avg. Individual Income Taxes Paid Per Day $80.67

Avg. Net Daily Population Income (After Taxes) $188.23

Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks.

Improvements aside (you already have all economic wonders, unless I missed something), an addition of 4% to your citizen count is equivalent to an addition of about 10.75$ to your avg. gross income.

3 happiness is more than 12$.

You should choose option 2.

The problem with giving an answer is I don't think the information provided are the numbers he would collect under. Given his nation's current setup, his citizen gross income should be a lot higher. It looks like he is providing numbers off his current setup which includes 5 Labor Camps and 3 Guerrilla Camps which if he's smart he's not collecting with. If this is true, then his real citizen income when he collects is more like $373 and he's collecting more like $111.90 in taxes. That changes everything. The 2703 extra citizens that option 1 would bring in pay $302,465.70 in extra tax income. Option 2 raises gross income $12.46 which translates into $3.74 in extra tax income times the 67,573 citizens is only $252,723. This makes option 1 the better option. He needs to take another look at his numbers and see what the conditions the numbers he provided were taken from as option 1 or option 2 can be the correct answer.

@Count Rupert: I posted this while in my regular peace time economy, but TEN was preparing for war at midnight last night, so I never decommed by camps. The current numbers are (without labor camps/guerrillas):

Total Population: 96,368 Supporters

Population Happiness: 71.70

Population Per Mile: 37.57 Population Per Mile.

70,867 Working Citizens

Avg. Gross Income Per Individual Per Day: $425.25 (A very solid economy)

Avg. Individual Income Taxes Paid Per Day: $127.57

Avg. Net Daily Population Income (After Taxes): $297.68

And no, I am not collecting with guerrillas or labor camps. Thanks for the feedback! :)

Edited by Khalai Protoss

@Count Rupert: I posted this while in my regular peace time economy, but TEN was preparing for war at midnight last night, so I never decommed by camps. The current numbers are (without labor camps/guerrillas):

Total Population: 96,368 Supporters

Population Happiness: 71.70

Population Per Mile: 37.57 Population Per Mile.

70,867 Working Citizens

Avg. Gross Income Per Individual Per Day: $425.25 (A very solid economy)

Avg. Individual Income Taxes Paid Per Day: $127.57

Avg. Net Daily Population Income (After Taxes): $297.68

And no, I am not collecting with guerrillas or labor camps. Thanks for the feedback! :)

Then option 1 is definitely the option you want. Option 1 will increase your income about $361,660.95 a day (2875 extra citizens paying $127.57) verses $265,042.58 a day (3 happiness = 3*$4.152 = $12.46 @ 30% = $3.74*70,867 citizens) for option 2.

Indeed, I did not count deleting guerrilla and labor camps.

Count Rupert is correct and option 1 is much better.

Just a minor correction (that does not change the conclusion):

An addition of 3 happiness = 12.46$ only if environment is 1. With the current GRL this isn't possible.

With environment higher than that, the actual increase in happiness will be less than 3 and the income difference smaller.

This only makes option 1 a better choice.

Option 1: Allow housing and resource gathering to take place on the land. +4% citizen count.

Option 2: Reserve the land and protect it by turning it into a national park. +3 happiness.

Total Population: 123,074 Supporters

Population Happiness: 54.40

Population Per Mile: 48.04 Population Per Mile.

67,573 Working Citizens

Avg. Gross Income Per Individual Per Day: $268.90

Avg. Individual Income Taxes Paid Per Day $80.67

Avg. Net Daily Population Income (After Taxes) $188.23

Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks.

Option 1: Gives you +2,703 or so Citizens

Option 2: Gives you approximately +$6.00

So, yeah IMO Option 1 is the better one to go.

For a young Nation Option 2 might be the better Option...but as you get bigger and bigger (like you are), the gap closes in (equal in scale) to the point where Option 1 would become the better one (because Option 2 is a fixed number).