Election Time

AironthFlamewing

Voting Booth  

31 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

"Hello Ladies and Gentlemen," this is James Goldman of 6ABC News, the home of all information for the Old Dominion.

Gardner_J.jpg

"My duty to you today is to inform you that the Old Dominion is holding elections for the House of Burgesses soon, I am here also as official debate moderator for the Party Leaders to field any interviews or questions that may arise. As a bit of background, the House of Burgesses is the 264 seat legislative branch for the government of the Old Dominion, the HoB creates the laws for the Old Dominion and votes on them, passing them on to Lord Alexandre for final approval. Lastly and so with that, I proclaim this Q+A/debate/interview session open and present to you the 4 party leaders.

Anti Dominion Party- Michael BarringtonSB_Medium_Size_Photograph_-_Old_Banker_Looking_Guy.jpg

Dominion Party Leader– Sir Anthony Chumley95px-Chester_Arthur.jpg

Military Party-grant.jpg

Green Party-FrdricChopin2.jpg

OOC: Don't Vote until I say its open you can look at the policies of the parties in my news thread; basically you guys who vote are my population, the more votes the easier it is to divide up the 262 seats among the 4 parties Factbook

Edited by graniteknight

Dominion- The politics of the Dominion Party are conservative but not overtly right wing. They support the maintenance of the current structures and institutions of the Dominion and resist change. Their main political platform in recent years has been to resist what they see as the erosion of family and national values by the devolution of power to the states and immigration especially from the war torn nations of the nearby continental shelf.-- this is in regards to all questions, basically we, the party feel that status quo should be maintained at all times said Chumley

Anti Dominion- In regards to education we feel that it should be paid for by the State through a platform of a flat tax on all goods and services rendered by businesses. In regards to foreign affairs, we are open to all deals and in regards to National Defence we feel that it is a priority to develop Special Forces from which to best lay defences to our land.

Military- We advocate a strong military based education for all citizenry and in addition recommend a compulsory military service for all citizens 18-55. In regards to Foreign Affairs we are quite cautious however ready to defend our soil if need be, and good sir, do you even need to ask about National Defence?

Green- The Party leader could not be found for comment, he was too busy saving whales and trees