Missiles over Furon

Biohazard

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OOC: speaking of which, was it Niko who nuked Furon? because i understand Niko offered retcon to everyone...

OOC: He did, but it wasn't accepted as quite a few people were RPing actions in reply to the attacks, for example Generalissimo's investigation, Promised Land and others hunting down the VSSR remnant forces, me sweeping up the pieces in this thread etc... Retconning would have negated all of that, or turned it noncanon.

I think Sarah posted a ruling somewhere about it but i can't quite recall where...

OOC: He did, but it wasn't accepted as quite a few people were RPing actions in reply to the attacks, for example Generalissimo's investigation, Promised Land and others hunting down the VSSR remnant forces, me sweeping up the pieces in this thread etc... Retconning would have negated all of that, or turned it noncanon.

I think Sarah posted a ruling somewhere about it but i can't quite recall where...

OOC: really? I accepted, but bceause i was suspended i couldn't see anything.

OOC: really? I accepted, but bceause i was suspended i couldn't see anything.

OOC:

Kevz...Lutai...your wars are not redone. Everything that happened was purely IC movements and you must deal with your actions and consequences just as Niko has done. You still got nuked, you still have to deal with it.
Edited by Amyante

OOC: So even if Niko offered retcon, it can't happen?

Ah well, i imagine the damage would have been at least slightly repaired by now.

OOC: Slightly repaired? Your city would have been demolished, the area being rendered uninhabitable for quite some time thereafter, not to mention the additional deaths from radiation and fallout - even if your cities gets a rad clean, as mine are, courtesy of Amyante. :)

OOC: Slightly repaired? Your city would have been demolished, the area being rendered uninhabitable for quite some time thereafter, not to mention the additional deaths from radiation and fallout - even if your cities gets a rad clean, as mine are, courtesy of Amyante. :)

OOC: Well, not repaited, but the damage would be better no doubt since Selenarctos was helping me out with cleaning rad.

OOC: Personally, I'm not sure what Amyante's doing covering up the craters because the radiation's in the air, but whatever makes your citizens happy :P.

If Nagato or you are interested, here's Hiroshima for 8 years after the bombing:

http://www.pcf.city.hiroshima.jp/kids/KPSH...fukkou_1_e.html

Though with a larger influx of money (especially if it's your capital that needs to be rebuilt), you could definitely speed up the latter years. (Or even start from scratch with a planned city...)

OOC: Thanks for the link, and yeah, it would have helped. Oh well, i'll write that in as well.

IC:

Testing of the radiation sensors showed that radiation levels inside the domes was roughly comparable to the radiation in the outside air, causing technicians and engineers to facepalm. After looking to see where the mistake had been made, it turned out one of the scientists had mistakenly used data from a nuclear meltdown and applied it to the bombing site. As punishment, he was hit over the head with a rolled up newspaper. The Zargathians decided not to make that little detail not publicly known however, as it could still prove useful as a placebo to the Furion citizens.

With their work complete, the Zargathians started to break up camp after sending a message to the Furon government stating work had been completed. In it was mentioned that planting trees would be important in this stage, as these would absorb a large part of the radiation before it had a chance to seep down into the ground water. Thus, when one of the trees would die, it would be better to treat it as radiological waste as opposed to regular wood, just in case.

If everything progressed according to schedule, the Zargathians would be out of the country and heading back home by the end of the week.