Enctrypted Message to All East African Nations

Nagato the Great

Government officials across the world who tuned to a certain radio frequency would receive an encrypted message from John Carter. The message, once decrypted, would be as follows:

"Greetings to all East African nations and the rest of the world. I am John Carter, the president of Mandalorian International News and Mandalorian Party Executive. I beg your help. Alek Sigint, the man who put up a front of democracy but truly had dictatorial ambitions in mind, must be removed from Mandalore. He poses a risk to all Mandalorians. In his ever-worsening paranoia a number of former government officials have already been ordered to be killed, included his former trusted friend who was killed yesterday afternoon. Please, this is not a lie. All of us who are loyal to the flag and not the face of Sigint are in danger, all of the Mandalorian Party and the others. Again, this is not a lie. Sigint is not the democratic man he appears to be. Had we had a military loyal to Mandalore, or a military at all, this could have been resolved. However, we must implore your aid in taking down a democratic-faced dictator."

Edited by Nagato the Great

"The NoN takes this with a mountain of salt.... We have no idea about your identity, intentions, or motives.... A note to 'foolish' nations who may believe this man unquestioningly and attempt any non-diplomatic action:

'If anyone interferes in Mandalorian affairs other than the NoN or the UMS, you will succeed in turning two former enemies into a united front against you.' "

Edited by Executive Minister

After interception of the message by Arctica Information Command and a number of phone calls, the message is brought to the top of the food chain.

"So what do you think?"

"Either he's telling the truth, or he's making some kind of power play...whichever it is, it really isn't our problem."

"Agreed. If the other nations of East Africa contact us for some kind of joint strike, send along a token contribution of planes or something. We needn't get involved."

Another message, this time not encrypted.

"Presidents of Africa, I apologise for the message that was broadcasted to you several hours ago. I am Alek Sigint. The individual, 'John Carter', who broadcasted the message, is the true dictator who is seeking power by attempting to remove me from power. Disregard his false message, and if you find 'Carter' anywhere--his face will be shown on international television--please have him returned to Mandalore, though if you must he may be killed. He may be armed, he is currently on the run. Thank you."

Then afterwards, apparently under the impression the recording was over, Sigint began speaking to someone else.

"$%&@...Carter. I trusted the !@#$%^&." Sigint snapped.

"He was your friend for some time...I don't blame you." another voice, deeper and more intelligent sounding, entered.

"I'll have him destroyed....inside out, more painful. He knows what can't get out, and if he provides proof of what he said to any nation that captures him we're in a !@#$load of trouble here..."

"Carter will be--"

At this point, the recording ended and the broadcast was over...

Several miles away, near the Nod-Mandalorian border...

John Carter's car sped over the African desert, with sand flying around it. Inside, Carter was listening to the message Sigint was broadcasting.

"!@#$..."

Another car was behind him, the jet black of a Mandalorian Criminal Hunter, raging towards him. He grabbed a pistol, and then smashed the breaks and jumped out. As he expected, the MCH's car rammed into his, and both cars flew over a dune hill and crashed. Carter sped after the MHC's car, which had overturned in the crash. The MHC was getting out, and Carter violently ripped him out of the car. The MHC fell to the sand gasping, and Carter put the pistol to his chest.

"What did they tell you?" he demanded.

"That you were a freedom-hating, lying son of a !@#$%*." The MHC spat. Carter smashed him across the face with the pistol.

"What did they really tell you?"

"That you opposed Sigint...that you knew his plans...that you killed his best friend."

Carter smirked. "Pegrand...I didn't kill Pegrand...not the true one, anyway. And it was on his orders."

"Please..." The MHC moaned. "I know you can't kill..."

"I'm no stranger to killing." Carter sighed. "Unfortunately for you."

He stood, and fired 5 bullets into the man. As the blood seeped into the sand, a letter, slightly stained with blood, fell from the man's jacket. Carter bent down and picked it up.

'From Alek Sigint

Your orders are to seek out this man and capture him using any means.'

A picture of Carter followed.

'I want him alive, but if you MUST kill him you may. Bring his body, no exceptions. No grenade kills, nothing that will mar the body beyond recognition. He knows of our plans, and broadcasted a message trying to telll the world of my plan. Thankfully none of them took him seriously...

capture him. Kill him if you must. Preferably violently if you must kill him. I want the world to see his dead body...'

Carter chuckled. He placed the letter back in the jacket, making sure that his glove allowed none of his fingerprints to mar it. He wanted a certain government to see it...

Carter took the only slightly damaged MHC car and drove off, leaving the MHC's dead body and his car there on the Mandalore-Nod border...

OOC: Nice... I've mentionned the NoN's Assassins and their big role in politics after they've retired... would I be able to get in on this? Would this Carter guy be allowed to die?

OOC: well, I want to continue some RP with Carter, but you can RP an assassination attempt, as long as it's not successful, that'd be fine.

But why don't you respond to the car and dead guy on our border in the meantime? :D

OOC: well, I want to continue some RP with Carter, but you can RP an assassination attempt, as long as it's not successful, that'd be fine.

But why don't you respond to the car and dead guy on our border in the meantime? :D

OOC: Two cars crashed in the middle of nowhere? What, were they made of gasoline or something? I'd never noticed them.

Too tired to RP now, I'll whip something up tomorrow... In the meantime keep going and see where this takes you... I'll just jump in when the time is right :P

*Secret communique to NoN*

"We have heard of both of these...why don't we just take care of them now? Invasion force from both us, you and the UMS go into this state, occupy it for a while and we'll let democratic elections take over. Let us know how you think."

- Army Commander Kahled al-Fulani

*Secret communique to NoN*

"We have heard of both of these...why don't we just take care of them now? Invasion force from both us, you and the UMS go into this state, occupy it for a while and we'll let democratic elections take over. Let us know how you think."

- Army Commander Kahled al-Fulani

*Secret Reply to the Johto Empire*

"What makes you think we don't approve of this?

Democratic elections have also unfortunately been allowed by the Mandalorians and resulted in this Signit's regime taking power. Until he does something concrete that we do not approve of, he is permitted to stay."

-Anonymous, NoN Foreign Ministry

OOC: exec, I had an idea of one of Sigint's people disguising themselves as Carter and attacking a Nod government official or something to make you think Carter's the bad guy, but actually be revealed as an imposter. is that possible?

and please don't invade me :D

Edited by Nagato the Great