The Lady's Servant

Sarah Tintagyl

Hannah smiled to herself as she watched him walk away out of the hospital ward as she took the locket and clipped it around her next, then setting the bag of jelly-drops on her thigh, opened the diary and with a pen embedded on the page tapped it against her chin. "Out of this place soon." Her entire soul felt uplifted. "Soon Sarah, I promise, I promise the country will be restored." She contemplated what to write for a long time before turning her head and realizing the glorious news of what day it was. The calender on the far wall didn't lie, it was December 25th, it was Christmas Day and with a grin of true happiness over her face Hannah began to write on the pages, ink pouring from her pen like waves on the ocean.

---

December 25th, 20XX

Dear Diary,

At this very moment I feel like singing around the hospital ward that I currently in. Today is Christmas, the birth of the Christ, this brings a tear too my heart in various ways. For one, yesterday, there was a terrible outbreak in the prison where one of Kintobor's most powerful subjects literally beat me and Loew to a living pulp, but not before I shattered his teeth all over the stone floor of this horrible place. If there is anything that gives me hope that I and this world itself will prevail over 'Mr. S' it is the feeling that I had before Hank buried my head into the ground. That I will soon rather die that be subject to anyone to be in charge of my own destiny, that is mine to control and mine alone. These very words are a warning to every demon that has ever infested this world, I am not to be taken lightly, every Hanseatic man and woman has never let anyone, man, beast, or demon truly run either our lives or our state and it will not happen now. I will make this world to my own design and desire and no man or demon will tell me otherwise.

The second reason that I am in such a good mood right now, besides the massive bag of jelly-drops that are resting on my leg, which I will be getting too as soon as close this book is that the Emperor has told me that my augmentation is almost done. The transformation is almost complete and soon, the Hansa will be restore to its rightful place in the world. I recently sent a letter to the Government in Queensland explaining the detail of my arrival and that I am not to be taken lightly as not a successor of the Hansa, but as the Hansa itself.

That being said, I am extremely anxious to have the rest of the augmentation done and hope that I am back in Australia by mid or early January.

-Hannah

---

She closed the book and crossed herself as she brought her hands together in prayer. "Thank you, thank you for saving my life." And with the finishing of a short prayer, Hannah descended on her Christmas gift from the Emperor and ate jelly-drops until she fell back asleep, her dreams of glory and power.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It had been several days since the breakout. The damage to the facility wasn't all that severe. It was mainly cosmetic. While Hank had unlocked all the prisoner's doors on Hannah's floor, the doors to the various surgical chambers ran on different circuits and command programs and stayed shut. Unfortunately, manpower was a different story. While the majority of the facility staff had been sealed safely inside their barracks in a different building, 98% of all staff who were on duty in the augmentation building had been slaughtered. Experienced doctors, technicians, and maintenance personnel were now dead, putting a large hole in the facility's workforce. Now, many personnel found themselves working double shifts, and redundant areas had been temporarily closed until more staff could be trained and brought in. No simple task, considering the security clearance required just to know the location of the facility.

Regardless, the facility had been brought back online, and augmentation processes had begun again. And Kintober had personally made sure that Hannah was on the top of the list to have her process finished. And so, here Hannah found herself lying on a surgical table with a handful of doctors preparing to operate on her. "Today, we'll be working on your eyes. You'll have a blindfold on afterwards so your eyes will be able to adjust to the augmentation smoothly." A doctor informed her. She nodded, and they began. The last thing she saw the doctors do was place a strange contraption over her face before she was asleep.

If she knew what it was supposed to do, Hannah would've been quite shocked. The purpose of the device was literally to pluck out her eyeballs. It wasn't that they had just cut out her eyeballs. They were simply pulled out of her head. Hannah's eyeballs were still attached to her body via her optic nerve cords. The first thing the doctors did was carefully inject small amounts of serum into her cornea, pupil, lens, iris, and dozens of other parts of the eye. The serum would encourage a sort of "fine-tuning" upgrade to the eye, allowing it's owner to see better, more far, increased peripheral vision, and more accurate. If pulled off right, the procedure would also allow one to also see into the dark. After the injections were finished, the eyes were placed back into their sockets, and a medical blindfold was placed over Hannah's eyes to prevent damage. The operation would be a complete success, and Hannah now had a better pair of eyes.

When Hannah awoke from her sleep, the world was dark, but she was expecting that from the blindfold, though something did feel strange. The doctors immediately came over, Loew and their sides to help the woman off the surgical table, her hands in theirs as her feet reached towards the ground. At first she tried to walk, moving slowly across the stone floor, but even with help it was a bit of a task for her to just feel her way around the large and mostly empty rooms of the complex. Finally, Loew tapped her once on the shoulder softly, bringing her to a halt as he slowly reached to her legs and carried her back to her cell as a father would do with his child. He laid her down on the bed and resumed his silent watch over her body. Hannah lay their for a long time, for some reason she wasn't able to fall asleep as easy as she used to be able to, her eyes felt like they were buzzing in her head and she reached up to remove the blindfold, but as she did Loew's hand stopped her. She nodded her head and turned on her side as she closed her new eyes and drifted off to sleep.

She awoke sometime later, but when she did, the blindfold had been removed and her pupils immediately shrank at the sight engulfing her eyes. Everything, literally everything was in focus, perfect focus as if she had just come out of a pool for the first time, wiping the water away from her vision. Hannah took a deep breath as she sat up in her bed and looked over at the stone wall next to her. But she didn't just look at it, she stared at it, she studied it. Every crack suddenly became clearer, every bump, every indent, everything about the wall she could see and distinguish a different from another portion of the concrete. She blinked a few times, thinking it was just a freak vision, but it was like they said, she had a better pair of eyes.

The changing body, twisting and weaving in the gray hell, was growing stronger, becoming better. It was only a matter of time...

"This is the second to last procedure. It and the one after are both incredibly tricky. For this procedure, we'll be cutting the top of your skull off, and do various things to you brain. It will improve such things as your reflexes, response time, and intelligence." The doctor said. Hannah gave him a look from the surgical table. The man rolled his eyes and huffed. "If I tried to explain it any more, you'd have to be a neurosurgeon to figure out what we're going to do. Just relax and breath deep." He said, placing the mask over Hannah's face and turning on the KO gas.

-----

OOC: Alright, let me say this:Part of the way I write is by looking up the technical details and facts. I wanna RP a tank, I see what the modern tank of today is like. So it's realistic and all. Anyway, I haven't the foggiest on how the brain works or which part controls which. True, I could research it, but to fully reach the point where I want to go with this, it'd probably take days. And there's nothing particularly interesting about a bunch of doctors screwing around with someone's brain. Well, there is, but at my current writing skills, I probably couldn't do it. So yeah, I'm using my "One free Cop-out" pass on this. Hope you understand Sarah...and anybody reading this topic.

-----

IC:

Hannah cracked her eyes opened and yawned. Sitting up, she stretched out. She heard a faint tapping noise coming from Loew, and she looked over just in time to see him throw a tennis ball at her. Faster then the blink of an eye, her hand was in front of her face, holding the offending ball before it had reached its target. She chuckled. Then she giggled. Then she cackled. Then she burst out in a full blown maniac laugh. Then she stopped and looked around. What the hell made her do that?

----

*Elsewhere in the facility.*

"So, how is she?" Kintober asked, juggling his attention between files on the facility clean-up and current events in the country and world. The doctor in front of him nodded.

"She's progressing quiet well. We've just finished the brain augmentation." The doctor stated promptly.

"Did you tell her what would would happen to her?" Kintober inquired, sifting through some papers.

"Oh, yes. Told her about the increased mental aptitude, reflexes, and response time." The doctor replied.

"And what about the side-effect of slight mental instability and the occasional urge to kill all enemy combatants on the battlefield?" Kintober asked. The doctor scratched his chin and thought.

"Hmmm...oh, you know, I forgot to mention it." He replied after a few seconds. Kintober gave him a blank look, and then shrugged.

"Ah, well, she'll figure it out. If not, I'll ask about it when I see her again." He replied offhandedly.

Her eyes flashed open and for the first time after a procedure, she felt absolutely no pain, no burning sensation, no need to throw up. Hannah reached behind her and felt around the back of her head, there were stitches so they had definitely operated on her, but no pain, maybe it hadn't been as tricky as they thought. She yawned again as she sat up in the bed and stretched her arms. From her side, she could hear the light sounds of someone tapping their fingers against something. Hannah turned right in time to see Loew fling his arm back as a green tennis ball flew towards her head. Normally, her first instinct would have been to dodge this, but instead she felt her hand jump from her side as she caught the little ball in the palm of her hand right before it would have struck her in the nose. The Knight smiled at the ball. "So that's what they did. How nice." A light chuckle began to escape her closed mouth, it was so funny, the ball was caught and she had been completely off guard. The chuckle soon began to turn into a fit of giggling as if from a school girl as Hannah looked at the ball closer and her own hand, what was so funny about this? Nothing really, but for her this was the funnest thing in the world. The giggling of a school girl however soon was given into a deep drone of loud cackling as she began to finger the ball lightly, shifting it around in her palms. It was like she had caught the whole world off guard and it rested right in the middle of her finger tips. "The World!?" Hannah tilted her head back as she dissolved into a fit of screaming laughter, her grip tightened and the ball popped in her hands, but she continued to laugh, clenching both her fists tight and looking at the ceiling with maddening eyes. Then suddenly she stopped and looked at Loew from across the room as she held her head with both hands.

"My God. What...what was that?" She said running her hands through her hair and for one of the first times, she was no longer afraid of the procedures, or what lay outside of the Eggman Empire. She was no longer afraid of Hank, or of Loki, she was no longer afraid of those things. But one person did scare her, herself. Hannah had known the risks for entering such a procedure, the possibility of death and paralysis had always been there, the procedure failing, her never really getting out. But...the procedure had worked, and not only had it worked, but it had literally worked beyond all her wildest dreams. Everything, literally everything about her had changed now. She had become insanely strong, fast, she had been beaten to a pulp, survived and had recovered in some two days.

In the Greek Myths few humans were ever taken by the gods to become gods themselves on Olympus, Hannah had not been as lucky. No, instead of being favored by the their all-mighty power, she had been turned away, but in the last line of desperation a different god had appeared to her. Hades had taken her below and in the caverns of the underworld that had echoed with her screaming, her cries, her tears, and her moans, the God of Death created her anew with all the power of those of the immortal realm, but with just a pinch of his own design. She was as beautiful as she was powerful, maniacal as she was sane, and without chains, there was the true danger. Her destiny was her own and she would make it the world's.

"Well Ms Asgeirsson, you must be fairly excited. This is your last procedure, and then all there is, is some post-op tests and examinations to make sure everything's settled correctly, and you'll be on your way." Kintober informed Hannah behind his surgical mask. Hannah was most pleased when she had learned Kintober would be performing the final procedure. "Today, what we will be doing is modifying your respiratory system, digestive system, and a few organs that control various hormones and chemicals. You respiratory system is basically going to be transformed into an internal gas mask that will screen out most non-lethal gasses and some biological agents. The upgrade to your digestive system will allow you to eat organic items that most humans can't digest. Grass for example. Other organs we're upgrading include your liver, kidneys, thyroid, thymus, adrenal gland, and pancreas. Your liver and kidneys will be able to process low level toxins with ease. Your thyroid to produce more hormones such as Calcitonin which will help keep your bones strong. Your thymus will be able to produce more T cells which will help fight off infection and disease. I believe you can figure out what will happen after your adrenal gland is improved. And your pancreas will be able to break down fat, protein, and carbohydrates more efficiently, maximizing the potency of whatever food or drink you ingest." Kintober stated. He sounded like he was reading from a manual or a brochure. "You ready?" He asked with a grin. Hannah nodded. Just this last procedure, and she'd be ready. Ready to restore her country. Ready to make those who sought its ruin to pay. Ready to face the world if need be. "Well, then. Lets do this." Kintober chuckled. He placed the mask over Hannah's face, and she hoped it would be the last time here.

----

Hannah woke, once again in her room. She felt rather tired, and she noted a few more IV bags hooked up to her arm then usual. She looked up and saw Loew looking over her. He grin seemed real this time. Like he was actually happy and not just making an expression. He held out a note. Hannah took it gingerly and opened it.

Dear Ms Asgeirsson,

Congratulations! You successfully completed the Gen-7 HS-51 type augmentation process! A great feat! All that's left is for you to heal up, and then we'll begin post op observations and tests to make sure everything is functioning properly. It'll take two weeks tops. After that, you and Loew will be released and free to go where ever you wish. I will pay for tickets myself as well. Before you leave, however, I wish to see you off. Outside of that, congratulations again!

-Sammyace Kintober

Hannah read the note twice, and began to cry. It was finally over.

The tears ran down her eyes in waves as she held the note tight in her bosom. She turned to Loew, who almost seemed human for once as she reached out her arms. "Please, I know you don't speak, but just hug me Loew, I need someone to share my joy with." The servant obliged as he paced over slowly and knelt down as his Lady embraced him lightly and for as awkward as it was, she shed even more tears onto his shoulders. "Loew, please, my diary, please." The servant anxiously brought the booklet up to her hands as she turned to a blank page, however, before she did Hannah read through the other pages and the writing that she had done previous. Hannah studied it, it seemed so dark, so full of pain as if she had been screaming in her head as she wrote it and indeed, she probably had been. But there was nothing but joy in her heart now and a sadistic feeling of joy to go along with it. The new age was dawning.

---

January 10th, 20XX

Dear Diary,

It is over, the horrible trip through Hell has finally ended and left me in a state of absolute, if not mildly sadistic joy. It is now time to heal my body and recover my strength to make the next journey, this journey back to Australia, my homeland. Even now, I can hear the sounds of drums and trumpets in my head and I can see Brisbane back in my hands again. It is only a matter of time now, a few short days and then its off to glory and a red sunrise. I feel incredible, my strength is absolute and I hypothesize that I am at least twenty times stronger than I was when I came in here, the pain I can endure is great and my wisdom will only increase further. A woman forged in the fires of the underworld for sure.

I know that I will probably not be able to take this diary from the complex, due to what is written inside, therefore, something to thank you Your Highness for giving me this power. Never in my wildest dreams did I expect to find myself here, twenty-eight years after my birth, it is truly incredible what modern science can do, amazing actually, that a person can be rebuilt. When you told me that you could grant wishes, I did not expect this however it is the greatest gift that I could ever hope to receive. I wanted nothing more than to be able to save my homeland, now I have that chance and I am forever grateful.

-Hannah

It was about a week before they came to take Hannah away for her final test. For the past few days, she'd been in and out of examination rooms being poked, prodded, x-rayed, scanned, and all sorts of other things. Everything seemed to be healthy, from her bones, to her muscles, to every else the doctors and scientists had played and fiddled with since her stay here. Her body was accepting the augmentation process completely, and the doctors believed it would stay this way forever.

Now she had been taken to another room in the complex. It was a simulated outdoor shooting range, complete with obstacles and hills. It was also large; at least 1000 meters down. They brought her to a table with an M4 with iron sights and a M203 attachment,M9 pistol, and a Barrett M82 sniper rifle. All were locked and loaded. In addition to the already loaded ammo, both the M4, M9, and M82 had two extra clips filled with ammo, and the M203 had seventeen extra TP chalk rounds. For some reason, Hannah felt giddy just looked at them, like there would be a fun surprise waiting for her to find in a few moments. Next to the weapons were some earplugs and a pair of ballistic-grade eyewear. She put them on.

"Hello Ms Asgeirsson. Today we'll be seeing how well you can shoot. By the way, they'll be some surprises during this exercise, so stay sharp. Now, proceed to pick up the M4. After you do, you will have 10 seconds to get in a comfortable standing firing position before the test starts. Begin when ready." A voice carried over a speaker system announced. Hannah looked around for a second, and shrugged. No time like the present. She promptly picked up the M4 and braced it against her shoulder. A chime sounded, and exactly ten seconds later, the first target popped up about 250 meters downrange. Hannah hit it in just over a second. Hannah found that instead of closing one eye as she used the other to aim, she could keep them both open. One eye would look down the sights of the assault rifle while the other stayed open looking for more targets.

What amazed Hannah is that before she came here, Hannah had difficulty focusing in on targets beyond 200 meters without magnification. Now it felt like she was looking through a super-powered scope. All she had to do was focus with just one eye, and she could see the holes and dents in targets even 300 meters away. The experience was incredible. Before she realized it, she was out of ammo. A buzzer sounded and the voice came back.

"Congratulations, you have a 30 out of 30 score. Incredible seeing how the closest target was 200 meters out. Now, please pick up the pistol and repeat the process." Hannah complied, a slight buzz tingling through her body. She'd never really shot for fun, and only went to the ranges back home to re-qualify when she was in the military. Now, she was enjoying the whole thing. The M9 trial was far easier then the M4 challenge, as the targets were now 50-100 meters away from her. All 50 meter targets received a bullet to the head and 100 meters had holes put in their heads, throats, and upper chest. Each shot was a kill shot however.

"Great work, Ms Asgeirsson. 15 out of 15, all kill shots. Now, move back to the M4 and set up the M203's sight. You may begin after-wards." The voice informed her. She complied. This time, in addition to people-shaped cutouts, tank and truck sized ones popped up. It had been a while since she'd used a M203, and aiming it was a bit trickier then a regular rifle, but after missing her first shot, Hannah remembered to line the M203 sights up with the M4 sight, and by the end, the middle of the range was painted with orange chalk.

"A bit rough on that one, 8 out of 9, but still high marks. Now, pick up the sniper and get in a comfortable position. You have 30 seconds once you touch the weapon." Hannah snatched the heavy weapon, pushed the legs down, got down on her belly, and sighted in. Within seconds, the first target at around 800 meters appeared. A loud pop filled the air as the .50 caliber slug was propelled downrange. The target's head was blown clean off. The pattern continued for another 9 shots.

"Another successful foray. 10 out of 10. I should mention you have an excellent response time. Since every time you knock one target down, another comes up in it's place. So far, most targets stand for about 1.2 seconds before you blast them. A very good number. Now, We will commence with night fire exercises." As soon as the voice had said that, the lights went out. However, after a few seconds, Hannah's eyes adjusted, and it was like looking though really dark sunglasses. It still seemed dark, but she could still see...for the most part. "Now, reload your M4 and begin again." Hannah complied, and the process began again. At the end of all four weapons trials, Hannah learned that the darkness hindered only her response time. She'd gone from a 1.2 to a 3.7. A dramatic change to be sure, but she still hadn't lost any of her accuracy.

"Well, a little practice on your own and you'll get better." The voice said. "Now, just reload the M4 and we'll repeat the process in the light one more time. Just to make sure everything works. Oh, by the way, 30 targets, 30 rounds in your magazine. Make each one count." It informed her. Well that sounded strange, but Hannah figured there had to be a point to it. She reloaded the M4 and got in position. However, instead of a green, human-shaped target, a metal cylinder popped up. A panel on the front of it popped open and a barrel jutted out. The turret spat out bullets. Hannah's eyes widened a millisecond before she dove to the left. If she had been any slower, she would've either died or been seriously injured. Rather then panic and ask what the hell was going on, Hannah grinned. For the briefest of milliseconds, Hannah though about simply spraying it with bullets, but then remembered the voice's warning about the amount of targets. Finally, a real challenge for today. She rolled, and came up firing a single round into the turret. It slipped between the barrel and the open space and began to bounce around the inside of the turret's casing. The thing sank back into the floor, smoke beginning to drift from it. No sooner had it gone down then another one sprung up. Hannah was on it in a second. The moment the hatch opened, a bullet flew into the turret. It too sank into the ground. Before Hannah could congratulate herself, two more turrets popped up. Hannah laughed. Today was going to be a good day.

The test went by fast, but became more difficult, as more and more turrets came up. First it was two at a time, then three, then four, and finally five turrets popped up at a time. By the time it was over, Hannah was panting and sweating. And a slight wound from a grazing shot on her arm oozed blood. But she didn't care. The whole experience left her invigorated and pumped. She could honestly say she'd never felt this good after combat. It felt like she was high on some euphoric drug. And part of her knew it wasn't just the adrenalin. She enjoyed this. She enjoyed the experience of shooting and getting shot at. She wanted to go find more enemies; get into more battles; risk her life more in the face of danger and death. Especially if she felt this way each time. Part of her was worried by this, but the rest of her basked in the feeling. The voice on the intercom brought her out of her revelry.

"Excellent work Ms Asgeirsson, simply excellent! You've passed with flying colors! Congratulations, simply congratulations! You've done it! Not only have you been successfully augmented, but it's all taken hold and working perfectly. Congratulations, you've just graduated from the Gen-7 HS-51 augmentation program! You did it!" The voice cried out in happiness. A short track of some type of victory music began playing. When it was finished, the voice began. "Now, you will be escorted back to your room. Tomorrow, you will be flown out of the base and will be set free. Again, congratulations!" With that, the door behind her opened.

---

The second she was back in her room, Hannah gave Loew a big hug. He awkwardly returned the gesture and pointed to an object next to her bed. She looked and saw it was a wine bottle with a not on it. The note read "Congrats. See ya tomorrow. -Sammyace." She could only chuckle.

Edited by DrKintobor

With a loud pop the cork shot off the wine bottle as the smell of sweet grapes and alcohol filled the room, it was a smell that Hannah missed a great deal as she took the two wine glasses that were sitting along with the bottle. She poured the nectar into the glasses, one for her and the other for Loew and surprisingly enough, he was the first one to raise his glass in celebration and after a small ting of the glass they drank down the liquid as fast as they could so that they could move onto the next glass. It was the best taste in the world for her at that moment, much better than the food that had been brought to her for the two months that she had stayed in this hell. But everything tasted better now and everything would taste better for the rest of her life. They finished about half of the bottle in an hour or so, as Hannah talked about her plans after leaving the Eggman Empire and how great things were going to be in Australia, she really couldn't wait and when Loew had finally tucked Her Ladyship into bed, the young General could barely sleep a wink. "Tomorrow...tomorrow." She kept repeating to herself. It was a dream come true.

The next day, Loew woke her up early in the morning, the doctors had brought down a set of clothes for her to wear. A thick parka to walk through the harsh Eggman environment outisde of the facility, underneath that, there was a thick black cloak, this one she liked a great deal. It was of a fine wool, but smooth to the touch. "Frightening." She said smiling. A pair of black boots, black pants, form fitting of course, along with a white undershirt with a black short coat on top of that. Loew too was changed into semi normal clothes, though his massive figure made it hard for him to wear anything that looked even remotely normal. He work a brown suit, with brown pants, and a tight black shirt as he grinned like he always did. Hannah slid off her night gown and looked at her changed body once more. "Now its time we put it to use." She said as she put on the rest of her clothes, tied the cloak tight around her neck and put the parka under her arm. Loew walked towards the cell door and opened it, Hannah stared at it for a moment before taking any steps. Out of that door was freedom, freedom for the rest of her life and two tears left her eyes when she saw it. Hannah walked out slowly, Loew following behind her as they passed through the corridors.

The memories that ran through her mind were amazing, the images when she had first arrived, her first augmentation, the fight with Hank, everything beginning to come back into her mind. The pain, the suffering, the triumph, but at the end of all that, there was only that she had survived and not only had she survived but she had survived with indomitable will. Nothing would break her now, nothing. Loew led her up a flight of stairs towards the central control room and from there, the outside world was just beyond a few closed doors. But as the metal doors opened, Hannah stepped back in surprise. There circled around the control room, was every doctor and technician that had operated on her every single one of them and directly across from her, was the Emperor himself. Smiling a very real and truthful grin. As she walked through the crowd, applause erupted from the doctors, while she neared the Emperor. Her cheeks red in embarrassment, the Knight bowed her head, a huge smile growing across her face. "Thank you Sammyace, thank you for everything you've done for me."

The Emperor chuckled. "Well, all's in days work I suppose." He said modestly. "But Hannah, I have to say. Even though I put you through the augmentation process, you're the one who made it past. Just because someone points you down the correct road, doesn't mean they've walked it for you." He paused and made a face. "You know, for some reason, that doesn't sound quite as philosophical as I thought it would." Kintober mused and Hannah snickered. Kintober shrugged. "Ah, well shows you I oughta stick to the sciences and not the arts. Anyways..." Kintober moved forward and shook her hand. "Congratulations one being one of the first humans to complete the Gen-7 HS-51 augmentation process. If you were any other subject right now, you'd be transferred out of here and into the 9th Ex Division. However, in your case, you'll be brought to the facility's helipad and airlifted to Robotropolis' International airport. Speaking of which, I need to know where you're going next, so I can get you a ticket." Hannah was just about to tell him when Kintober put his hand up. "Of course, that can wait. I still have a few gifts to give you." Hannah looked at him curiously. Kintober grinned, and like the Emperors of old, clapped his hands. Several guards brought in three metal cases and a table. The placed the table in between Kintober and Hannah and placed the cases on top.

"Yes Ms Asgeirsson, in addition to the augmentation process, I still have a few more gifts to give you." Kintober said, looking mischievous. "In case one we have..." He opened it. "A structurally re-enforced Desert Eagle with six clips of ammo." Hannah inspected the gun, and noticed something engraved on it. It was a scantly dressed female with a cheeky look on her face. She looked like the kind painted on old WWII bombers. The drawing's arm was pointing towards the muzzle of the gun, and next to her was the word "Kisses". Hannah chuckled at that. However,

Kintober drew her attention to the next case. He opened it, revealing an envelope. Kintober picked it up and gave it to Hannah. She opened it and found it held a cheap gift card with the words "Congratulations on your achievement" printed on it. She opened the card was surprised to see a bank debit card from the Eggman National Bank inside. "The card contains $100,000 in Eggman currency. It should make your journey a little more easier. Careful with it though. I won't be refilling it when it runs out." He stated. Hannah could only gape at the gift. "And now for the last little gift I have for you."

He opened the third case, and inside, Hannah saw a cell phone, battery pack, and charger. She gave him a puzzled look. "I made a deal with a guy from a phone company based in Eggman Empire. It ties directly into the Eggman satellite communications network in orbit, so it'll always have a signal. And you'll never have to worry about paying for service. It's got unlimited minutes forever, too. And, for the final bonus, it holds the number to my personal office phone. However..." Kintober warned "I will only pick up three times. After that, you're on your own. So use your three calls wisely." He stated. "Now, I believe you were going to tell me where you are going?"

Hannah chuckled at the phone. "So I come here and rub the magic lamp and the genie asks me what are my three wishes and he turns me into this. Then he gives me the lamp back for three more wishes. All your tricks Your Majesty, they really make me smile. Though I mean everything you gave me I appreciate." She fingered the gun smiling. "Especially this, this will come in handy one day, I know it. But really everything, I can't thank you enough." She jumped from the ground and embraced the Emperor tightly, two tears beginning to fall from her eyes, though she was careful not to squeeze too tightly. "But as to where I'm heading after this?" She looked back at Loew and smiled as she cocked her head to bring him forward.

"The Hansa is in peril right now and it needs to be recreated, the interlopers need to be removed and I am the person to do it. However at the moment, I need to go talk to the government in Promised Land to secure an alliance to make sure the country returns safely. As to the tickets if you could get me a ticket to New Jerusalem in Australia I would be very appreciative." A smile breaking over her face. "Also, Your Highness, consider what you did to me an automatic Mutual Defense Pact from our people, I will never forget what you did here and I'll always come to your aid if you need it." She kissed him again on the cheek and stood back straight on the ground. The light shown down on her and someone even in the middle of the nest of devils and becoming a demon herself, she still had a childhood innocence about her. But that was all part of the facade.

"Oh but before I go Your Majesty." She looked back at Loew and beckoned him to come over as he took out the diary from behind him. "I figure that I should give this back to you, it has too much information of what happens in the procedure, though none of the formulas or anything. If you want to have it, I'd be more than happy to give it back to you. Otherwise if I could take it with me, I'd do it in a heartbeat, but I'd figure I'll leave that decision up to you. But again, thank you for everything." As she bowed her head down again waiting for her escort to the airport.

Kintober smiled awkwardly after Hannah's kiss and hug, but cleared his throat to regain his composure. He looked at the diary Hannah offered him and thought about it for a few moments. "You know...should this book fall into the wrong hands, it could be used as a political weapon against me. It could very well bring about my end. It would be safest if I took it and locked it away, or even better, destroyed it." He muttered. Hannah looked downtrodden, but still held the book out for him to take. Then Kintober flashed Hannah a deranged grin. "Keep it! It's not like I'm not already under investigation for authorizing unscrupulous scientific procedures." He laughed. Hannah smiled. Kintober continued. "Of course, the flight to New Jerusalem can be easily arranged." He said. "Now if you'll come with me, I can take you to the helipad." Hannah nodded and followed Kintober as he led the way.

----

Hannah, Loew, and Kintober all stood on the helipad looking at a Hammerhead prepping for liftoff. It was a crossroads moment. Hannah had completed this phase in her life, and was ready to move on to the next. And now she had a companion to keep her company and a friendly face who could help down the road. It struck Hannah as a little silly. To her it felt like the end to one of those corny movies where the hero rides off to his next adventure, inviting a sequel. Kintober grabbed her hand to get her attention.

"Well Hannah, this is it! The helicopter will take you to the airport where all the arrangements have been made! Once you step on that plane, it's out of my hands and you'll be on your own!" Kintober shouted over the din of the Hammerhead. Loew suddenly tapped Kintober on the shoulder to remind him of something. "Well, maybe not all on your own!" Kintober added. All three shared a laugh at that. Once they'd recovered from the joke, Kintober extended his hand to Hannah. "It was a pleasure knowing you Hannah. Be sure to stop by if your in the neighborhood!" He said. Then he pointed at Loew. "Alright buddy, you keep Ms Asgeirsson safe! That's an order from your emperor! Understand?" Loew nodded. "Alright, I won't keep you any longer. Climb aboard and find your destiny Hannah!" Kintober stated.

"I can't thank you enough!" Hannah said, and gave him a hug. Kintober returned it.

"Fulfilling your dreams and destiny will be thanks enough! That way I'll know that you used my gifts and didn't waste them!" Kintober replied.

"Trust me, they won't go to waste!" Hannah said.

"Now go, before you miss your flight!" Kintober stated. Hannah nodded and moved to the Hammerhead. She and Loew climbed inside, and Hannah got one last look at Kintober. "Keep in touch!" He yelled at her.

"I will!" She shouted back. With that, the Hammerhead took off, and the soldier inside the cargo hold closed the door and motioned for the two passengers to get to their seats. Back on the ground, Kintober watched the Helicopter disappear over the horizon. A single tear ran down his cheek before he turned around and headed back down stairs.