The Lady's Servant

Sarah Tintagyl

Hannah was pleased when both orderlies, and an extra two nurses showed up in hazmat gear to clean her vomit up. Hannah was stripped of her soiled hospital gown, and was brought down the hall to another room with shower heads in it. While the other orderly held Hannah under the shower, Loew gave her a rough scrub down with antiseptic soap. Then they toweled her off, gave her a new gown, and brought Hannah back to her room, which was now clean and smelled like disinfectant. Loew sat down on his stool and proceeded to watch the wall like he always did. Hannah herself was feeling quiet tired, so she decided to get some shut-eye.

---

Later she awoke to a big surprise. In the stool where Loew normally sat, the person that occupied the seat was none other then Emperor Sammyace Kintober. "Hi. Care for a jelly-drop?" He asked, extending a bag with a gumdrop-type candy inside it to Hannah.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Her eyes parted slowly, the room smelled better than it ever had since she had arrived and with the pounding in her head finally subsiding for a bit, Hannah smiled and stretched her arms. But when she turned her head to see Loew's eerie grin and write in her diary, she flinched back at the sight. "Your Highness!" Hannah said startled.

"Hi. Care for a jelly-drop?"

"I...uh...yes...please." She said curiously extending her hand and taking the jelly-drop, which she plopped into her mouth and bit down. It was the first time in a long time she had food that actually tasted good and for someone that never really ate much candy, this was a pleasant surprise. Throwing off her covers, she straightened her hospital gown as best as she could to see a bit presentable to the Emperor as she smile at him. "I've been looking forward to your visit Your Highness, your letters and the orderlies are the only things that keep me really happy around here, but its a pleasure having something to read and even more so..." The Knight reached under the bed and took out the diary she had kept. "This is the true gift. I've kept everything in here, all my thoughts, all my pains and thank you for the locket, it means everything to me." She took his hands and held them tightly.

"How much longer Your Highness, how much longer will I be in this madworld?"

The Emperor gave her a shrug, and an awkward chuckle. "It all depends, really. Most complete augmentations take anywhere from 5 to 6 months. Of course, that's going off the Gen-6 model, and you're undergoing the Gen-7 test run, so I suppose anywhere from 4 to 5 months. And take out the mental conditioning for loyalty to the government, and that's probably 3 or 4 months. And given your body seems highly receptive of the first augmentation step, that's probably an extra two or three weeks out. Combined with the step you've already finished...I'd say you've got maybe two, two and a half months left. Three at most." He said. "You should be proud. If you complete the process in under three months, you'll set a new record for completing the augmentation process. For women, anyway. The Colonel who flew you in here completed his processing in two months, and that's the Gen-6 process." He stated dryly, like he was reading a technical manual. "Still, I'm glad your happy about the book and necklace and stuff. Anything else you're curious about?"

Hannah turned to him. "I appreciate that you're giving this gift to me Your Highness, I really do. The Hansa will come back, I swear." The Knight took her locket behind from her gown and held it in her hand. "The news you've been giving me, its hard to read, its depressing, but it will all change in two months then. But as for curious, is the muscle enhancement as painful as the bone augmentation? Not saying that I can't take the pain." She said with a chuckle. "I'd just rather not deal with it if I could. Also." Hannah displayed her arms and legs. "I'm really hoping I won't be reduced to a rag doll anymore that was probably the most unsettling part of my time here. But yeah, how long and how painful is the next stage?"

Kintober thought for a second. Well in terms of raw pain, the bone augmentation is the highest. With your muscles you'll experience less then you did with the bone treatment, but it's still gonna hurt, and you're still going to have to go with out painkillers. Oh, there will be more sessions too." Kintober replied. Then he thought of something. "Oh, snap, that's right! After the complete augmentation process is finished, you still have to undergo post-op testing. That's about another month." Another thought struck him. "Or you could just wander out the second you fully heal from the last procedure."

Hannah chuckled. "When I'm ready to take back my lands with this gift, when no one in the world will be able to stop me that's when I will walk out this door Your Highness. Not one second more or less, what we are doing is not human, its not genetic, its...mythic and well, to become what I am becoming it takes time. Once I am completed then I will go, but if the gift is ineffective then I went through all this horrible pain for nothing and I refuse to let that occur." The girl nodded her head. "Though thinking ahead I have two requests, one, if I could get a plane ride to New Jerusalem, Promised Land to take care of business and two," for this request Hannah couldn't help but smile. "Your Majesty, I've grown quite attached to the orderly I named, if it were possible that he could go with me? I would...be eternally grateful, just as I am for what you're doing to me."

After hearing the Emperor's response Hannah nodded her head. "But with that out of the way." She looked at her hands. "I think I'm ready to continue my journey through Hell." Awaiting the next part of her transformation.

"Though thinking ahead I have two requests, one, if I could get a plane ride to New Jerusalem, Promised Land to take care of business and two," for this request Hannah couldn't help but smile. "Your Majesty, I've grown quite attached to the orderly I named, if it were possible that he could go with me? I would...be eternally grateful, just as I am for what you're doing to me."

The Emperor looked at her, slightly amused. "The plane ride won't be a problem. As for Orderly..." He chuckled. "I can't image what you'd want with an obsolete Gen-1 specimen like that, I mean, if a body guard is what you want, I've got plenty of Gen-5s that are infinitely superior to it." He gave her a look. "Still, I've never heard of someone actually growing attached to one of those things. I guess I could let it go. It's failed the standard I set for it, so I don't have a use for it besides extra muscle. So sure, go ahead and take him. I do warn you though, one of the test it failed at was combat. When we tried to get it to fight, it simply sat there as it's opponent nearly killed it. It seems incapable of violence. Which is funny, considering the problem with most Gen-1s was they were far too violent."

After hearing the Emperor's response Hannah nodded her head. "But with that out of the way." She looked at her hands. "I think I'm ready to continue my journey through Hell." Awaiting the next part of her transformation.

"Yes, since we're on that subject, I can tell you you'll probably be starting tomorrow or the next day." He stood up and straiten his suit out. "Well, good luck to you Ms Asgeirsson." I'll be seeing you later. With that, he left the room and Loew returned. The orderly promptly sat down and began staring at the wall.

Hannah nodded. "Well you get attached to about anything when you have no one around you to comfort you or feel anything. So I thank you for your kindness in parting with him. But as to violence and bodyguards, hopefully I won't need bodyguards to begin with if all goes well and the calmness of a retainer such as Loew will be quite useful for my travels later." Their conversation eventually led back to the experiment itself and when Hannah's next step would begin, the Emperor explained precisely tomorrow, after which he promptly said his fair wells to the lady and walked back out of the cell as Loew walked back in and resumed his guard over Hannah's body.

The Knight sighed and looked up at the golem with sparkling eyes. "Well you'll be happy to know that after the procedure finishes Loew, you'll be coming with me to reclaim the Hansa in Australia, not as a bodyguard if you don't want to, but more as a retainer. It'll be quite the journey you and I and I'm very excited about it." Hannah laid her head back against her pillow and cross her arms over her chest as Loew bent down and picked up the diary from the floor, gesturing the book to the girl.

"Writing tonight?" Hannah looked at him curiously. "You enjoy it don't you?" The golem nodded. "Very well." She took the diary from his hands and opened to a clean page and tapped her pen against the page.

---

December 8th, 20XX

Dear Diary,

Instead of explaining the boring trials of an experimental procedure, tonight I have opted to descend into something a bit more aesthetic and convey a story to my audience. Most notably, my retainer Loew. Long ago, there was a great people who were ruled by a great Queen. They lived comfortably in the frozen north in an enclave of warriors and fighters, but these people they were not warriors or conquerors, instead they were a people of peace and goodwill spreading it to all the lands that desired it. They took in refugees, they took care of the sick and misfortuned and all looked up to their shinning Queen of the Snow.

To the South of these people was a great and powerful nation ruled by an evil warlock who spewed fire from his fingers. One day, the warlock attacked another nation to his south and in a campaign of honor and defense, the Snow Queen sent her small army in an attempt to take the warlock from power, but it failed and the capital of the Snow Queen was engulfed in a storm of fire and hail from the heavens. However, not willing to let her people die, the Queen traveled across the world to another land across the land and across the sea where it was warm and the snow melted from her hair and her people's hair, but they were still people of the snow. An uncorrupted snow.

So the people prospered in the warmth as they continued to spread their goodwill over the Earth, as two other forces began to spread their own. One red, one black. Eventually, the red forces fell apart to their own machinations and the black forces, led by the Warlock began to cover the earth once again. But realizing what was happening, the Queen rose up once again and took on the Warlock, but this time the snow beat the fire and our Queen prevailed. This is where I came from. This is what I want to return to.

-Hannah

She closed the book and shut her eyes, awaiting the morrow.

It was actually two days after her talk with Kintober that Hannah found herself being carried to the next phase of her augmentation. She was somewhat surprised to be brought back to the bone augmentation room. However, this time, a different group of doctors attended her. As soon as she was strapped in, the doctors began. With a whir and a hum, the machine started. Despite knowing what was coming, Hannah grinned a bit. It was all for the cause, she thought.

The needles began their descent into Hannah's body, and she grimaced as she felt the pain. She felt the familiar odd sensation of the needles scrapping against her bone, but instead of digging into them, the needles stayed put. Then, the doctors began to pump the serum. Hannah gasped. Her entire body felt like it was in boiling water. But despite the mind-numbing pain, she held her scream in. In the back of her mind, she congratulated herself on not screaming. Finally the machines stopped pumping and the needles pulled out. Hannah sighed in relief. Then, much to her surprise, she found the doctors wheeling over two other machines. They were large square objects, that had metal knobs that followed the general outline of the human body. Hannah looked at them in puzzlement.

The doctors returned to their control station and one of the doctors announced "Commencing regrowth-stimulation sequence." The machines hummed like a motor, and then electricity jumped out from the knobs and onto Hannah. Hannah's scream finally escaped as electricity danced along her skin and flowed into her body. The boiling water sensation returned, but this time was twice as worse. Her brain desperately tried to shut down, but the energy that surged through her body kept it from doing so. Hannah vaguely wondered how she wasn't being fried to a crisp right now, and kind of wished for that to happen so the pain would stop.

Eventually, the machines shut down, and Hannah slumped into her restraints, going slack. The air was filled with the sickening scent of ozone and singed flesh. Hannah's muscle's burned and ached, and she found she was unable to get any bodypart of to move. A minute or so after the procedure, the orderlies came and brought Hannah back to her cell where she promptly passed out.

Hannah groaned in agony as she clenched her fists as the electric pulse ran through her body, every muscle in her body tingled as the burning sensation washed over her chest, her arms, her legs, and her back. Every muscle danced and screamed in a strange waltz driven by electric current. What was worse was that it was impossible to do anything but take the pain, take all of the pain, every drop, every spark. But even in pain and as her brain wanted desperately to shut down at carry her off to the sleep she knew all so well, a tiny, minuscule part of her mind basked in the energy that surged through her veins and across her skin and if the doctors listened closely a quiet voice, strained to breaking the breaking point, grunted. "For...the...Commonwealth...for...Lady...Tintagyl."

Finally the currents stopped and the pain disappeared as Hannah's body slumped down in her restraints. She couldn't move her hands or her feet, but unlike the bone augmentation, the muscle augmentation she could feel against her skin. Before darkness enveloped her, Hannah turned and looked down her right arm, it glowed a bright red. "Perfect." She said and then let her head drop. She could feel the orderlies coming over to her and releasing her from the table, as they took her in their arms and carried her gently, like a newborn child back to her cell, laying her on the bed. Where the final wave of darkness placed her into an incoherent sleep.

---

"Lady Hannah? Lady Hannah Asgeirsson?"

Hannah awoke in a wooded underbrush snow covering the ground and small flakes dancing across her face. The trees were dead, but yet they had beautiful white leaves along their branches. As she pushed her body off the ground, she found herself wrapped in a long white gown made from the very snow flakes that she lay across. Lifting her eyes, another figure stood in front of her, there was Sarah wrapped in the same majestic snow as she had been. The Lady Protector held out a hand glowing white and lifted her Knight to her feet.

"Hannah I...I am very proud of you. You have gone above and beyond the call of duty for me and my country and I know that you will make a great leader of the Hansa when the time comes. The Finns and the Marchar, the Russians, and the Cymeag will follow you to the ends of the Earth."

Hannah bowed her head. "I only do it to restore what you created My Lady."

"And you have done so much more. Hannah, you are the body, the vessel of the Hansa now. You are the country's soul, its power, its energy. Everything that Kintobor pumps into you genetically, it is no fluid, it is no chemical, it is the pain and suffering of a leaderless people. It is their strength, their wisdom flowing into your veins, you the true warrior of the Commonwealth."

"But what next Your Ladyship, where do I go from here?"

"You know the path Hannah, you know to set forth towards our homeland again and reclaim it from those who have destroyed it. Rebirth my people, rebirth my land and take your place among the myths and legends of our people, of our great people." Sarah reached her hand forward as the snow falling from the sky created an image in her hand of a bird, rising from the snow. Then with a great gust of air blew the snow at Hannah as it whipped her around, entering in through her navel, her mouth, and her eyes. Her eyes became solid white from the snow as her entire body shook with an incredible energy that she had never felt before. "Be brave my Knight. Be brave." Said the Lady Protector as she vanished into the air, while Hannah continued to be filled with the frosted energy, until the same bright light over came her, placing her out of mind, body, and soul.

---

Hannah woke in her bed, panting heavily, sweat rolling down her face, her neck, and her chest. The aching in her muscles had subsided a great deal and she could move her fingers, her arms, and her legs, but the electric energy that she had felt during the procedure had not disappeared. She closed her eyes and tried to calm herself, at least to make the sweating stop. Loew sat as was usual on the chair next to her bed as she turned her head. "Loew, water, please." He bowed to the Lady and got up from the stool filling her a metal cup of water from the sink. He handed it to her as she gulped it down, its metallic taste passing over her throat. "Oh, thank you Loew. Thank you very muc-" Hannah looked at the cup in her hand for a few seconds as a thought began to cross her mind.

She clutched the cup tighter, focusing her eyes intently on the cup and began to squeeze, at first the pain still throbbed in her arm, but as she squeezed the cup, the hard metal began to curve inward, yielding to her grip. Immediately Hannah dropped the cup on the ground, as Loew went down to pick it back up. She stared at her hand, shaking. "What...what's happened to me? My...my...God. It really changed me. Its really changing me! Incredible."

Hannah couldn't help but smile. "Soon...soon."

After his business with Hannah, Kintober had decided to take a make a side trip. Building 3 of the facility housed all "rejected, failed, and obsolete" experiments. Creations would be the appropriate term. After the facility had been brought fully on-line, research and tests soon began. When the staff was confident enough they had something to test on people, they began a project called Generation Zero, or Gen-0. "Volunteers", mainly convicted criminals and the homeless, were soon brought as test subjects. Processes like the bone and muscle augmentation procedures were individually tried on these subjects to determine whether they could be carried out successfully. Although death percentages were high, the procedures were eventually configured to give a high success rate. The project was deemed a success and project Generation One was started. Gen-1's purpose was to see if the various procedures developed could be implemented in a same subject. Again, the death percentages were high, but eventually, the scientists and doctors had worked it out to be successful. Then Gen-2 was put into play. Gen-2 saw if it was plausible to mass produce the process. It was, and by the time Gen-3 had ended, the first successful subjects had been trained and placed on the battlefield. Projects Gen 4-6 were dedicated to fine tuning the process, and making the subjects more powerful.

However, just because there had been a high mortality rate in the Gen 0-2 projects, it didn't mean there weren't any survivors. In the case of the Gen-0 projects, all those who were still fit were carried over into the Gen-1 project. The same applied to the Gen-2 project. However, all Gen-2 subjects and below were placed in Building 3 after the completion of the Gen-2 project. With good reason. Most of the remaining Gen 0-1 specimens were either vegetables, cripples, or homicidal psychopaths. They were kept around solely for the reason of performing more tests on them.

Given the circumstances of those who resided in it, one would wonder why Kintober would visit Building 3. The reason was there were two people who in there that Kintober talked to regularly. Usually it was through phone communicating, but since he was in the neighborhood, Kintober decided to make a personal visit. The Emperor entered the building and waited as security gave him a thorough screening. Yes, even the Emperor was checked, such was the nature of this building. After going through that, Kintober headed to the holding cells through the only elevator in the building. The cells were located ten stories beneath the earth, and each one required a different key to open it. To open just one of the doors, someone would have to use the equivalent of 250 pounds of TNT. And thas was more likely to cause the ceiling to collapse then open the door.

The cell Kintober was visiting held someone who was probably one of the most dangerous persons in the entire facility. He tapped the intercom on the cell door's control panel.

"To what do I owe the pleasure of this visit, Emperor?" A smooth voice came over the intercom. Kintober chuckled.

"Hello, Hank. How are you doing today?"

"Not bad. The nutripaste could be more flavorful though. Perhaps pineapple flavored. I've always been fond of Pineapple. But that's besides the point. You dodged my question. What are you doing here?" Hank replied.

"Oh, well I wanted to tell you something. You know your old friend Herman?" Kintober asked.

"What about Him?" Hank growled.

"Just thought you should know, someone's actually taken a fancy to him upstairs. They want him to accompany them in their adventures once they're done being augmented." Kintober replied cheerily. There was a maddened screech, followed by some banging noises. Finally things calmed down, and Hank responded.

"Eh hem...so, I'm assuming that the person who want's to take him is the person you so graciously allowed to be put through the process of their own free will?" Hank asked, the smoothness returning to his voice.

"One in the same. Said person is progressing through the augmentations quite well, too. It certainly is interesting. Perhaps something in their genetic make-up." Kintober responded.

"When I get out I'll be sure to kill them after I kill Herman." Hank said plainly. The way he said it was not a curse, or a boast. It was stated as a clear promise. And if it was coming from anyone else, Kintober would've mocked them. But not Hank. He was the only subject who'd made it through projects Gen 0-2 and still be coherent and think properly. He was also a sheer genius. But he was also a pure killer. He'd managed to get free once. And before he was captured, he'd turned the facility into a bloodbath. The man killed over 100 doctors, scientists, personnel, and other subjects during his short romp, and every murder had been incredibly messy and brutal. He had a Jekyll-and-Hyde complex. And both sides enjoyed the feeling of ending another's life.

"Thank you for reminding me to upgrade security." Kintober replied.

"That won't hold us." Hank said calmly. Of course, by "us," Hank meant the rest of Building 3's inhabitants. "And it won't work. Mr. S already has a man in place. You'll never find him." Hank chuckled.

"You'll right, I'll never find him. Because he doesn't exist and neither does 'Mr. S'." Kintober responded. Despite the resolution that rang from his voice, Kintober felt goosebumps crawl up his skin. The most eerie thing about every subject who lived down here was they all believed that a being called "Mr. S" existed. And he was just that, a being. Not a human, but some sort of specter that roamed the earth. The most creepy thing about it was Kintober's own brother, Jack, had claimed his failed rebellion was directly influenced by Mr. S. The thing was, both the subjects in building 3 and Jack both talked about seeing Mr. S long before Jack had arrived at building 3, meaning either Jack had met someone who'd heard about Mr. S a long time ago, or there really was some otherworldly being that had decided to make Eggman Empire it's play thing. As much as Kintober hated himself for it, he found himself just a little drawn in by the stories. He blamed his imagination. Or maybe it was that annoying voice in the back of his head that kept rambling about death, destruction, and the end of the world.

Kintober shook the ideas out of his head."Bah, if we're going to have this conversation again, I'm leaving." Kintober replied sourly. Hank chuckled.

"You'll see. Even if you stop us here, Mr. S has big plans elsewhere. We're just a side show in comparison to what he has mapped out." Hank responded.

"Oh, yeah? And what are those plans?! You seem to know so much about this Mr. S, why don't you let me know?" Kintober ordered into the intercom. A quiet chuckle came back, but nothing more. "Tell me dammit!" Kintober snarled. The outburst shocked Kintober. 'Jeez, this is really getting to me...' He thought to himself. Hank didn't answer either. Instead, the chuckle had grew to a loud cackle. Kintober sighed and knew it would be useless to get anything else out of the madman. He resigned himself to finding out another day, and headed for the elevator.

---

A few days after her first muscle procedure, Hannah again found herself in the room. Again the needled dug through her skin. Again she felt the burning feeling of the serum. Again, she screamed as electricity played over her skin. However, this time the procedure lasted longer. This time, she was hauled back barely alive to her room. There, silently Loew tucked her in and began his muted watch. Hannah found herself drifting to sleep, too exhausted to write in her diary.

---

Hannah opened her eyes, and found that the door to her cell was open and Loew was gone. A bright light shone through the door frame. One couldn't see beyond it. She instantly knew this never would happen in real life, and figured it was a dream. With unsure steps, she carefully made her way to the door frame. As she entered it, the world blurred, and when her eyes focused, she found herself on a war torn battlefield. The smell of burnt flesh,scorched metal, and gunpower assaulted her nose. Surrounding her were the bodies of dead soldiers, bombed out bunkers, the twisted remains of blasted tanks, and tattered flags. She saw the banners of her own country, along with European and Asian counties Hansa had fought. She looked around, and noted there was a tree line only a few short yards away. For some reason she was drawn towards it. She moved through the under growth, and barely stopped in the nick of time as the trees stopped and a cliff suddenly appeared in front of her.

Hannah gasped at what she saw from the cliff. Brisbane, burning and blasted. Bombs and missiles fell indiscriminately, and Hannah could swear she could see innocent men, women, and children be blown apart at the impact of each projectile. Suddenly, a loud horn behind her made Hannah whirl around. The trees were gone, and in their place was a stage. On it, a snarling general with a Queensland Republic flag patch on him stood, along with other enemies of the Commonwealth, stood. In front of them, knelt Sarah Tintagyl herself. Bound and beaten, but still defiant. With a sadistic sneer and a laugh, the general pulled a pistol out of his holster and held it to Sarah's head. Time stopped as Hannah made eye contact with Sarah. Sarah looked at Hannah, and her hard features melted and replaced with a soft, serene smile. Then the general pulled the trigger. The world went white and Hannah suddenly found herself in an 18th century Victorian modeled sitting room. Hannah gasped, and then sighed. "Just part of a bad dream." She murmured.

"Yes, but it could, and probably will, happen." A voice came from behind her. Startled, she spun around and yelped at what she saw. The figure in front of her work a three-piece, pinstripe suit, a top-hat, Italian-style white-on-black dress shoes, and a cane. It's tie had the word "smile" printed diagonally down it, and it's cane was almost made like an ice-cone, with a metal sphere on the top attached to a cone. However, the scary thing about it was it's face was exactly like the crest of the 9th Ex Div (OOC: Se my avatar). "Now, how about we get to know each other?" It asked it an eerily pleasant tone. Ever instinct in Hannah's mind screamed at her to get out of there. Something told her that this creature wasn't just a figment of her imagination. It was something far more powerful and ancient. Whatever this thing was, Hannah knew it was very, very dangerous. "Well aren't you going to introduce yourself or do I have to start digging?" It asked.

Edited by DrKintobor

"NO!" Hannah screamed and jumped forward her hand out reached, but as she jumped through the air, Sarah's body disintegrating in the light the battlefield disappeared and the General found herself in a drawing room of sorts, much like the parlor and common rooms of Solidor Manor back in Brisbane. In fact, she thought, it was exactly like Solidor Manor, the only thing missing were the pictures of the Lady Protector. "Oh its probably just a bad dream. I...I just need to wake up." She pulled the frock coat of the Hanseatic Marshal's uniform, covering her lace undershirt, tightly as she turned on her feet and instantly jumped back in fear at what she saw facing her.

"Yes, but it could, and probably will, happen."

There standing, was a man, but he was much worse than any man she had ever seen in her life. In honestly, Kintobor, Loew, in fact nearly everyone in the Eggman Empire gave Hannah the chills and she began to regard this entire foray as an actual trip to Hell itself. But now things, even in her dreams were beginning to creep her out. Yet, something was much more off-setting about this new figure, the sheer power that came from his body and especially from the grotesque shape of his face and the smile he wore across his cheeks told her this was so much more than a dream. So...so much more.

She was silent as she shook her head. "No, no it won't happen. I won't let it happen. This destruction is going to end, no more. Sarah may have left this country but that gives these monsters no right to commit such genocide, such horrors. I will stop them, as a Knight of the Commonwealth. It is my duty."

"Well first, how about we get to know each other? Aren't you going to introduce yourself or do I have to start digging?"

Hannah stepped back, she wanted to run from this...this thing, but the power that it had over the room and her was too great as she dropped her resistance and looked up at him. "My name is Hannah Asgeirsson, First Knight of the Hanseatic Commonwealth. I came to the Eggman Empire to escape the turmoil in the country, but now I am going to go back and fix everything, rebuild the Hansa into a nation once more, with the gift that the Emperor gave me." She placed her hand across her heart. "But, who...what are you?"

The thing cocked it's head to the side. It made a grotesque chuckle. "Me...? I'm ME of course!" The thing giggled. It noted the confusion on Hannah's face, and began to pace. "I never really gave myself a name, however, others have saw fit to name me over the course of time. Demon, monster, and living horror come to mind. I was even called Loki a long time ago. However, the pseudonym I go by these days is Mr. Hpp Smlr, or Mr. S, if it's easier to remember." It stopped pacing and turned to face Hannah again.

"And I should say your comment about 'Kintober's gift' highly offensive. The man may be a genius, but there's no way that any human could reach that level of medical expertise in this era. You know how he worked out the formulas, and serums, and equations necessary to create the augmentation process?" It asked, leaning forward on it's cane. Hannah shrank back as it's face neared hers. "I gave it to him! I went inside his screwed up little head and put the necessary information into his cranium! 'Why,' you may ask? Well, that's none of your business...yet. Long story short, you should be thanking me for getting you pathetic, squishy self upgraded." By the time It had finished, Hannah realized it was at a 45 degree lean forward. It sprang back upright immediately, and began on a different tirade.

"Now, about your little quest. I believe I can help you. Technically I already am, but that's besides the point." It giggled. "I can help you, not only rebuild Hansa, also wipe all your foes off the map. I'm not talking bowing at your feet, I'm talking them under your feet in a pine box. Their countries, their people, their armies, themselves; all obliterated. Leaving you and your people to take their rightful place in history as the one and only remaining people on the face of this earth. Join me, and I will make you the most powerful person on this planet. No type of weapon will ever be able to touch you!" It paused. "Of course, if you decline, I'll accept that, and you'll wake up and remember this only as a faint dream. But, should you do, just remember that I have plans, and sooner or later, they'll run into you. Now, what do you say?" It asked, extending a gloved hand.

"Loki?" Now Hannah knew all too well the old Norse myths, but as to the god actually existing it wasn't something she could just bring herself to believe that easily. The thing moved like a deranged acrobat across the drawing room towards her, its legs and arms twisting in the most horrible directions. What she was looking at was the devil itself and many of its various incarnations all wrapped into one horror. She checked the side of her coat to take out her sword and destroy him there, but there was no sword and he had already walked up to her bending his body over the girl as she leaned back trying to stay away from his grin. "Get away from me demon." She scowled and moved her body back to a straight stance as she turned on her heels. "I am not going to let you corrupt my mind further."

"About your little quest. I believe I can help you. Technically I already am, but that's besides the point." It giggled. "I can help you, not only rebuild Hansa, also wipe all your foes off the map. I'm not talking bowing at your feet, I'm talking them under your feet in a pine box. Their countries, their people, their armies, themselves; all obliterated. Leaving you and your people to take their rightful place in history as the one and only remaining people on the face of this earth. Join me, and I will make you the most powerful person on this planet. No type of weapon will ever be able to touch you!"

Hannah paused for a moment and looked back at him. "You are nothing but a devil who wants to turn me to kill people, I am not a devil." She turned back around to leave the room when the pain over took her head as she dropped to the ground. "AAAUUUGGGHHHH!" Hannah dropped to her knees, holding her head. "Whats...what's wrong with me?" She turned back to the demon. "You! You're doing this to me! You're causing me all this pain!" But as she looked back at him, she looked at her hands and immediately remembered the cup, how she had crushed it in her grip and how for a brief moment, she had wanted so much more than that. The image of Sarah gunned down by her enemies flashed in as well, as Hannah's head became nothing more than a storm of past emotion, of everything that that gone wrong with the Hanseatic state, of how it had been loved and yet reduced to nothingness because of the world's desire to be ruled by the overlords of Europe who Sarah had struggled to overthrow. Ever since the beginning, they had been a persecuted people, they had been loved as well, no doubt, the attack against the Queenslander had been enough, but they had never achieved true power.

"I...I...I don't know. I don't want to be reduced to a demon like you. But...the Hansa...as the greatest force on the planet...."

"Of course, if you decline, I'll accept that, and you'll wake up and remember this only as a faint dream. But, should you do, just remember that I have plans, and sooner or later, they'll run into you. Now, what do you say?"

"I...I.." Hannah looked back at the demon and scowled. "Your plans? I don't know about you demon, but I am not one to be ruled, I owe my allegiance to one person and one person only and that is Lady Sarah. I want no part in your plans to control me. Devil." She turned her back from him and began to walk back from the room, as the same white light began to envelop her. "No God will have sway over my mind..."

Edited by Sarah Tintagyl

Hannah jolted up with a start. Hannah knew she had a nightmare, but she couldn't remember a single thing about it. And for some reason, the quote "I'll get you my pretty, and your little dog too!" was running through her head. She tried to convince herself that it was just a bad dream, but for some reason, some part of her mind told her it was much more then that. She noticed she was shivering, and it wasn't because the room was cold. Suddenly she felt Loew's hand on her should. She looked up, and saw him staring at the was like normal, grinning. She smiled.

"I know Loew." She said, grabbing his hand with her own. "I'll be alright."

---

After a few days of rest, Hannah found herself in another session. Nothing different, just the same restrains, the same needles, the same burning fluid, the same electrocution, and the same screaming. But she found it did less to her. Hannah felt stronger, and more resilient. As the procedure ended, she chuckled. The doctor who was writing some notes looked at her. "Enjoying the process I see." He muttered. "Well, be happy. This concludes your muscle augmentations. Now the only thing left two or three other steps, some tests, and you'll be done." He said plainly. Hannah grinned at him as a reply.

---

Deep underground, under building three, a specimen raised his head. "What's that?" He asked thin air. "So 'They' are a 'she' and 'she' is now on the list?" It was very clear that the man had delusional schizophrenia, or something else. He grinned suddenly. "Oh, I think I will do whatever I want. Thanks for the update." Hank began to laugh. It soon became a maddened cackle. Fairly soon, something was about to go sour in the facility, and Hank was looking forward to it.

The electricity danced over her body in the same horrible waltz that changed the room from the dank gray to a bright blue and white. Hannah grunted, closing her eyes tightly, and her hands clenching into tight fists. For those watching her, it was apparent of the changes the were being done to her. When Hannah had entered the facility, she was by no means a frail woman, standing at 5'7 with an average build, she had been a formidable opponent on and off the battlefield back in Brisbane. However, now look at her, the changes were obvious, she had grown two or perhaps three inches taller, her calf muscles created a twisting of beautiful strengthened sinew down her legs and up her thighs. Hannah's stomach had shrunk into a tight V-shape, and her arms toned to a point where the great sculptors of the Renaissance would have been jealous that such imagery could not be created with their chisels. For the girl who had looked at herself as a nightmare, as the procedure continued, she had become an epitome of human beauty, her elven features shining beautifully in the electrical light.

Slowly the current was turned off and the machines rolled away from where she was strapped down against the machine, as a smile ran across her face and a light chuckle escaped her lips.

"Enjoying the process I see." Said one of the doctors. "Well, be happy. This concludes your muscle augmentations. Now the only thing left two or three other steps, some tests, and you'll be done." The orderlies walked over and unstrapped Hannah from her restraints as she pulled her gown back over top of her.

"Good, I'll be looking forward to it doctor." She said with a grin before walking back to her cell on her own accord, Loew close behind.

After reaching the cell, the two resumed to their normal positions, Hannah now sitting on the bed, while Loew continued to stare blankly at the wall. She reached under the bed and pulled out her diary and smiled as she slid over to where the golem could see her writing. It was both her's and his favorite part of the day.

---

December 20th, 20XX

Dear Diary,

Only four more days until Christmas Eve and unfortunately I doubt that I will be out of this place by that point. However, there is always time during my travel to Australia to celebrate Christmas as any good Christian girl would, though I shudder as I say that for what I feel like I have become while at the facility. I find myself laughing after the procedures finish and for that I question my own sanity, something that originally would make any man or woman cry in pain has me welcoming the pain. They have done something to me, much more than simply strengthen my body, they have warped my mind and I don't believe I can ever return to the way the world once was, or at least how I perceived the world...But the strength, the energy, the feeling is incredible right now, and even the changes. Here in this cell, which barely anything to do, but write in this diary and sleep, I have watched my body change in front of my very eyes. My height, I have watched my legs, my arms, everything change. Truly Kintobor...or...Loki was right, I have become a demon of my enemies and a goddess of my allies. But what frightens me the most, is that I embrace it.

The god, in a dream offered me more, but I turned him down. I will not be a slave to either another being or a figment of my imagination. That is something I refuse to become more than anything. But the day is coming, the day when I can finally leave here and head back to my homeland and from there. A new age, a golden age will begin and by MY hand, not Loki's, the enemies of the Hansa will fall.

-Hannah

Hannah lay in her bed, wondering what her next augmentation would be. It was Christmas, and she had held a small service with Loew, praying to God and thanking Him for His hand in keeping her alive. Hannah soon found herself growing homesick. She wished to be back in Hansa, with her old friends, and family. To be by Sarah's side once again. Homesickness soon grew into hate and loathing for those responsible for destroying Hansa. Hannah again promised to herself that she'd bring any and all whom were Hansa's enemies to their knees in surrender. A sadistic smile crossed her lips as she thought of the things she'd do to them when she got a hold of them.

Then a loud klaxon began to blare. Hannah sat strait up in surprise and looked at Loew, hoping for an explanation. Loew was, to put it mildly, flipping out. He was scurrying back and forth from his stool to the door. He looked like he was constantly checking to door to see if it was locked. Between that, he was twiddling his thumbs, pulling his hair, and giggling.

"Loew, what's wrong?!" She asked. She would soon find out.

-------

*Location:Eggman Empire; the facility, Building 3. Christmas eve, several minutes earlier.*

Four security guards sat in the control room that secured the hallway to the elevator from the entrance. All the guards were actually Happy Smilers. Two Gen-4s, a Gen-5, and a Gen-6 overseeing operations. They were quiet, and they were lethal. However, none of them knew there was a traitor in their midst. Why should they suspect? Happy Smilers received some of the most thorough indoctrination in the world, and they'd sooner put a gun to their head then betray their country and their leader. However, it would turn out that someone else had gotten to one of them.

One of the Gen-4 smilers glanced around to make sure no one was looking, and reached into his pocket to pull a computer disk out. He subtly put the disk in one of the computers hooked up to the building mainframe and grinned when he saw a "program installing." The virus sliced and diced though the firewalls and programs of the mainframe, replacing them with its own. Soon, the Smiler saw the words "installation complete. Run program? Y/N." With a grin, he clicked "yes."

----

Hank's eyes opened, as he heard the faint noise of the cell door's electric lock open. A grin of his own appeared. Time to get busy.

-----------

*Inside the facility, several minutes after release.*

Hank stood in the center of the control room, drenched in blood. Mutilated bodies, blood spattered walls, and torn organs and bones surrounded him. Hank had single-handedly killed all twenty-six technicians, happy smiler guards, and doctors that manned the place. The room had not been hard to find. It was all a matter of following the guards. The control room was the most critical part of the facility, so it stood to reason that it had the most guards. Hank's gamble had paid off. He chuckled. The guards, all Gen 5-6 Happy Smilers had been powerless to stop him. A newly fond memory of his was putting one guard's leg bone through another's head. Or when he'd punched through the chest of one guard and stuffed his heart into the mouth of another. Yes, good times for all.

He looked over console after console until he found the one he was looking for. He pushed the gutted corpse of a technician out of the way. "Look at the mess you're making. I'll report you to the boss." Hank giggled. A rustle sounded behind him, and a guard leaped at him. Hank made his own lunge forward, and smashed the man in the face. He grabbed the guard's throat and slammed his body against a nearby control panel. The guard wriggled, trying to get free. Hank grinned. "I thought Gen-6s were supposed to beat me hands down. Ah, well, that's where hype gets ya." Hank then promptly tore the man's throat out. He threw the still-wiggling corpse on the ground and smashed it's head with his bare foot. "Now, back to business." He muttered. He walked back to the console and typed in a command on the keyboard. He clicked yes, and grinned as all the cell doors in the building opened automatically. "Now, to find you and your lady friend Herman." He growled.

Edited by DrKintobor

Absolute anything is always thinking a bit extreme, but when the alarms began to sound throughout the facility, the term Absolute Chaos came to mind. Hannah lifted her head from meditating in prayer as the sirens went off while almost immediately Loew began to go into a panic, holding onto the door, screaming, pulling at his hair and giggling. Within moments had had been reduced to a saddened figure in the corner of the cell that almost sounded like weeping. "Loew, what's wrong?!" Hannah asked as she stood up to her feet when a clicking sound came from the door, she Knight turned in horror as the glass door began to open, all of the glass doors began to open. The prisoners were free! Hannah jumped from the bed and grabbed onto the handle of the door as she grunted trying to pull the door close again, but being up close and personal to the facility environment she saw the insanity that was gripping Hell. As soon as the doors opened, the prisoners who had no desire to stay put having barely any shards of humanity left in them ran out into the stone hallways. They were all enemies and they were all tortured, blood shed was inevitable. With every ounce of strength Hannah had in her body she shut the door closed and turned back to Loew who had been reduced to screaming at the top of his lungs. But with a serene voice equivalent to that of a chorus of angels, Hannah smiled back.

"Loew its okay, we're safe now, they're not going to be able to hurt us. You have to stop screaming though, you're going to give me a headache." She let go of the door and walked over to him, but the screaming didn't stop. "Loew, please." Now there was definite strain in her voice. "Stop screaming." Still he continued, she reached her hand out to touch the golem's face, but he shot his hand forward to slap her's away. Suddenly Hannah's eyes widened as she grabbed the golem by his white scrubs and lifted his massive body into the air and pinned him against the wall. Her voice changing to one that was likened to the abyss itself. "I told you to stop screaming! Now shut up!" And the golem stopped screaming, the fear installed by Her Ladyship was much greater than the fear installed by the madhouse. "Now! I don't know what's going on, but screaming like a bloody idiot isn't going to make it go away, we have to find Kintobor before this whole place goes to hell and if that doesn't work, we have to make our own escape." Hannah sighed. "I was really hoping that this wasn't how our adventure was going to start."

In truth, Hannah didn't know her way around the facility, she knew the three different operation rooms she had been in and the hallways to get there, but that was about it. However, that was where Loew came in. They just had to get above ground, maybe out of the facility, she didn't know where. They just had to get safe. Maybe safe meant staying in the cell? No, not at the sound of breaking glass.

The Knight turned, as she dropped Loew on the ground with a loud thud as two prisoners began to punch through the glass. The shards cutting their arms as they did so, but in their rage, there was no pain, only what they wanted in the end and Hannah assume it was her head, or perhaps worse. Their bleeding bodies finally broke through the glass as they cackled manically approaching her and her servant. The girl clenched her fists and crouched down, the baptism of fire had begun.

The first prisoner lept through the air, with both arms opened like claws ripping through the air as he came down hard against her body. Hannah dropped back as he forced her back against the wall, while the second prisoner broke into a run to push into her legs. Against the wall, she saw the First's fingers extend as he pulled his free arm back, he was going to gouge her eyes out. The girl struggled, her face bright red as finally she lifted her feet and with a free hand grabbed the prisoners hand as he brought it forward. She snapped her wrist back, instantly breaking his hand as the prisoner reeled back in pain. As this happened the second prisoner came crashing towards the wall with an indomitable force. Hannah, jumped forward off the ground, as he slammed against the stone and them immediately jumped back up as he swung and connected with her stomach. She stepped back a bit before regaining her balance, but by that time, the first prisoner had grabbed her from behind holding her throat and trying to snap her neck.

"No! Let go of me! Let me go! Let me go!" She pleaded at first, as the second prisoner jumped onto her forcing her to the ground. Then something happened...Hannah could feel it in the back of her mind...

"My strength is yours, Hannah, do not fail me."

Hannah's eyes shrunk as her entire body exploded in an energy and a strength that she had never felt before in her life. "AAAAUUUGGGGGHHHHH!" She screamed, it felt like her brain was on fire, but there was Sarah's voice filling her head, not letting her quit. The Knight broke both of her arms free from the grasps of the prisoners and took them both by the head. "I told you to let go of me!" She flung her legs in front of her as she jumped back up to a standing position and releasing their hands, drove both of her hands into the first prisoner's stomach. He howled in pain as she kicked him in the chest driving him back against the wall as her punches formed into a flurry of berserk swings and thrusts, finally reducing him to a unmoving, unrecognizable figure against the stone wall. But by the time that he had been put down against the stone wall, she felt the second prisoner jump on top of her back trying to bring her down, but almost as soon as that had happened, she felt him ripped off of her as Loew grabbing him by the neck threw him just as hard into the opposite wall. It was instant death.

She turned back to Loew and nodded. "Thanks I owe you one." Hannah stood there for a moment, looking at the two bodies that had disposed of and what scared her, was the feeling inside of her body and head. She didn't regret it at all, no, she felt good, she felt powerful, energetic, as if this was how life was supposed to work all along. "No!" She grabbed her head. "No, don't think like them. You're better than this Hannah, you're not an animal." Taking a few deep breaths, the sounds of chaos in the hallways had since subsided. Walking to the broken glass, she stuck her head out and looked in both directions, it was an eerie silence. "I...I think we're safe Loew, we should probably go find Kintobor. We're not safe here anymore."

Loew nodded and walked up to the girl as she opened the cell door, careful to avoid the broken glass covering the floor and walking out into the hallway. The facility was bare, all the cell doors were opened and broken glass littered the entire corridor, but the facts that there were no sounds at all, except for the crushing sound of glass as Loew stepped on a piece with his shoe and Hannah's own quiet breathing. "Well, you're the one that knows this facility better than I do Loew, you have any idea where we should go?" He nodded and began to walk straight, Hannah following him at his side.

Much to Hannah's chagrin, the facility was not as empty as it seemed or as she would have liked and as they walked through the abandoned corridors of the complex, the sounds of maniacal laughter quickened their steps to the various metal doors. Every now and again, there was one, two, or three prisoners that found them and the prisoner's immediate response had always been to attack, by the time that Hannah had Loew had reached the upper floors of the complex, she had been reduced to a bloody mess from the attacks and with every attack, it seemed that she lost more and more of her humanity. When they had began their trek up to the surface, Hannah's face was as serious as the stone that ran the cells, but as they climbed the last staircase after she had sent another prisoner falling down the metal spiral, she chuckled sadistically and shook her head. "I told you to let us be." She humored herself as the tumbling sound stopped. "Like the bloody Yellow Turbans, an enemy should know when they're beaten."

Turning back to the door in front of her, Loew entered a code as the metal barrier swung open. Hannah walked in first, wiping the blotches of blood off her face with the back of her hand as Loew walked in behind her. The room was empty, but it led into the main control room, Kintobor had to be around somewhere. Suddenly a door shot open from the furthest side of the room as a shadowy figure appeared out of the light. "Your Highness?" Hannah asked the figure, but he only shook his head. She clenched her fists, she had a bad feeling about this.

The figure stepped out into the light, and Hannah saw that it was a young man, perhaps late twenties. He was drenched in blood, and a large smile was plastered on his face. Hannah was instantly on guard. He began clenching and unclenching his hands, and Sarah noticed something akin to claws on his fingertips. "So, you must be the Emperor's pet project, hm? And I see you have the retard with you." He spat in Loew's general direction. "Anyway, time for introductions! My name is Hank. Your name holds no meaning to me until you either beat me or join my master. I don't name punching bags." He stated very business like. Hannah looked at him curious. Master? A cold feeling settled in her gut. "Now, I have but one request." He glared at her. "Join my master, Mr. S, or die here with the rest of the monsters." His voice was as cold as ice. Hannah returned her own glare.

"I told that demon no." She stated firmly. "I won't let him or anyone else control my destiny!" Hank merely smiled at her.

"So be it. But I can see you're quiet powerful, and you have a friend. It's only fair I get one too." He turned to look back in the room. "Hey buddy. Give me a hand will ya?" He reached for something, and a disgusting ripping noise came from inside. He stepped back out into the light "Thanks buddy!" He called back. "I knew he'd give be a hand." Much to Hannah's shock and horror, Hank proceeded to pull back a severed arm from the room. He grinned, and waved the arm at Hannah, and threw it at her like a spear. The move came as such a shock, Hannah didn't even react as the limb smacked her in the face. The blow came with such force, it broke her nose and caused her to stagger back. Hank laughed, and lunged at her. "I'm always ready to give a helping hand!" He cackled.

He moved like lightning, covering the distance between himself and Hannah in seconds. His first blow was a pile driver to Hannah's stomach. She gagged as the punch sent shock-waves through her body. With on fist still in her gut, Hank whipped his other around into Hannah's head, snapping it to the side and sent her flying to the ground. He moved forward, but Hannah swung her legs out and delivered a smashing blow to Hank's kneecap. He grunted, grinned, and hopped back. "Looks like you're not a waste of flesh after all." He chuckled, as Hannah hopped back up to a fighting stance. "Let the games begin!" He shouted, and charged. Hannah played defense, letting the man come to her. Hank swung at her head, but was blocked. At the same time, Hannah counter-punched, her fist heading for Hank's gut. Hank spun around, and brought his hand down to crush Hannah's neck. She ducked out of the way, and tried to kick Hank in his leg. Hank hopped back. He grabbed Hannah's arm and pulled her forward into his oncoming fist. Hannah went dead weight, pulling Hank off-balance and missing his fist. She hopped back up, and plowed her fist right into Hank's chin. He stumbled forward, swinging with all his might. Hannah blocked another punch, and delivered a salvo of her own.

Teeth flew as her fist smashed into Hank's mouth. He roared in anger and spat blood on her. Hank charged forward, swinging and screaming. He got in close and grabbed Hannah by the neck. With one savage blow, he raked his nails down her face. Blood splashed down her face and Hank began to choke her. Hannah refused to give up the fight, and brought her knee strait into Hank's crotch. He gasped and staggered back. Hannah charged forward for the kill. It was a trick. Hank neatly sidestepped at the last second and slammed his elbow into Hannah's back. As her momentum carried her forward, Hank raced after her, and grabbed her shoulders. He pushed, and Hannah fell with all of Hank's weight on her. The fall knocked the wind out of her again, and Hank grabbed her head and slammed it into the ground with a wet crunch. She went limp. Hank raised his fist back to crush her skull, savoring the moment. When he tried to punch however, he found his wrist was stuck on something. He looked over his shoulder and saw Loew holding it in a vice-like grip. Hank rolled his eyes. "Son-of-a-*"

His curse was cut short as Loew rammed his fist into Hank's check, knocking him off Hannah. Hank sprang back up just in time for Loew's haymaker to smash into his shoulder. Hank spun and Loew charged forward, reigning down blows on Hank's back. Loew put as much force as he could into his blows. They rained down on Hank with righteous fury, hitting his arms, his shoulders, and his head. "Enough!" Hank screamed. He pushed aside Loew's fist, and in a display of insane strength, charged forward, picking up Loew clear off the ground and slamming him into the wall several feet away. Hank smashed Loew's body against the wall again and again. Which each time, Loew's head smacked into the concrete wall, leaving a bigger and bigger blotch of blood on the wall. "Kill all of you!!!" Hank screamed, a savage grin on his face. Then he froze.

"What?" He asked thin air, letting Loew drop. "What do you mean 'stop'?" He asked. "But I was going to kill them! I thought you wanted them dead!!! Why would you stop me?!" He shouted.

"Attention all personnel. The facility will be entering level-1 Lock-down mode in 60 seconds. All entrances will be sealed and Kolokol-1 will be pumped in to incapacitate all aggressors. Thank you and have a nice day." A computerized voice chirped happily over the intercom.

"Oh, well that's a good point." He turned to run down the corridor, but gave one last look over his shoulder. "I'll be out there, waiting for you two freaks. And I'll kill you eventually." He chuckled. With that, he ran of at inhuman speeds to the nearest exit.

-----

*some time later*

Hannah was in a blurry fog. Her whole body ached, and she felt like she couldn't move a muscle. Her ears alerted her to approaching footsteps, and try as she might, she couldn't do a thing. All she could do was listen.

"Found some more bodies over here." One asked.

"Looks like these folkes had the hell beat out of them. Call for a bagger?" A second one said. Hannah, desperate for help, moaned.

"Hang on, I think them still alive!" The first one said.

"First ones we've come across." The second one muttered.

"Call for medivac." First said.

"On it." Came the reply. Hannah sighed in relief, an felt the fog returning to envelop her. The last thought to go through her head was if Loew was okay.

---

Hannah awoke once more, the fog lifting from her mind. She found herself in a hospital bed, hooked up to the various life-support monitors that were standard in hospitals. Hannah noted that there was just an IV bag hooked up to her, and nothing else. No breathing tubes or face mask or anything. And aside from general soreness, Hannah didn't feel specific or intense pain. She took that as a good sign. Something stirred near her, and she looked over and saw, much to her surprise, Kintober. The man looked worse for wear. His hair was mused, and there was bruising on his face and a scar running along his jawline. Still, the man looked happy as ever. "Ah, I'm glad your awake! You had me worried for a second. Jelly-drop?" He asked, extending the bag to Hannah.

Hannah's eyes fluttered open with a wave of soreness over her body, but compared to the pain that she had felt when she had been in the fog after Hank had disappeared, this was nothing. She moved her hand up to her head, where a massive migraine gripped her in a steady stream of feeling like absolute crap. Right above her right eye and a bit below her hair line it was rough and wet skin and she could already tell that a scab was beginning to form over it. The Knight sighed and let her head drop down to the pillow of the hospital bed, there was the familiar beeping of the life support machines, she had been in this kind of situation once before after the Battle of Rostock as her regiment was begin transported to Prussia after the news of the Nuclear explosion had taken place. She had heard the news in the hospital bed, but immediately pushed the thoughts out of her head, she didn't want to repeat what happened in Europe. Raising her hands to her eyes, Hannah looked at her fingers, they were bruised and still had a bright red glow to them, but what was important that they were still there.

Everything had happened so fast and goddamn was Hank an amazing fighter, whether he was like that normally or had so many different chemicals pumped into his body, she didn't know one group of specialized soldiers that could beat him. She smiled and she had come close, just that one side-step which if she hadn't let her fervor get ahead of her, she would have realized that to move over just a bit. "Damn." She said and then groaned lightly. After her groan another sound ran into her ears and that was the small shuffling of someone next to her. She jumped a bit at first as she turned her head, but then her eyes widened in pleasant surprise. "Your Highness?" He looked a mess, probably better than she did though. But for all that, he wore a happy smile on his face and made her feel much better about herself.

"Ah, I'm glad your awake! You had me worried for a second. Jelly-drop?"

Hannah couldn't help but chuckled as she shook her head as a school girl would on a date as she extended her hand out to take the bag. She rooted through the candy until picking out a lemon and a lime drop before plopping them into her mouth and returned the bag to the Emperor. As she chewed, Hannah let her head fall back onto the pillow. "I'm sorry, I should fought better against him, but Hank...he was just too strong, even for me apparently and I thought...damn." Hannah lifted her arm in the air and looked at her muscle. "I thought that I was stronger than this." She beat her hands down against her side. "He said that he would come back for us, that he would kill us eventually. No matter." The Knight scoffed as she lifted her head in the air. "I'll learn, I'll perfect myself and next time that fight will change, he's just the same as all of the Hansa's enemies. They'll all fall." Hannah closed her eyes. "He said he'd kill us he sai-" Her eyes sprung open. "Loew!" Hannah bolted up in the bed and turned to the Emperor reaching over to him, but being held back by the IVs. "Is Loew okay?! Is he alright! He'll still be able to come with me won't he?!" Tears of desperation almost immediately formed into his eyes.

Kintober sat back and rubbed his chin despite the scar. "Yes, I do believe you friend will be alright. I'm afraid he's lost some his good looks though. Reconstructive surgery on the back of someone's head has a tendency to do that. And from what we can tell, his brain has either healed fully from any damage it may have taken, or he never had any to begin with." Kintober pulled a berry drop out of his candy bag and chewed on it. "As for Hank, don't feel bad about losing to him. There's something you must understand though." Kintober leaned forward. "Every procedure you've either gone or are going to go through, has been performed on him at least twice. Not only that, but he's received hundreds of other augmentations from previous projects. The reason is, he's our guinea pig. The man simply refuses to die. The man has a latent healing power that I'm just beginning to duplicate. It's the only reason I haven't killed the monster yet." Kintober snarled. He realized he was rambling, and returned to his original topic.

"The point is, Hank is probably the most dangerous man in the Eggman Empire. Perhaps the world. He's worth a thousand soldiers. Every possible aspect about him has been improved. Speed, strength, agility, endurance, perception, vision...even his intelligence has been inproved. So don't feel bad about him beating you, okay? In fact, I think you and Loew are the first to ever survive going up against him." Kintober then grew serious. "Now, did Hank say anything to you? Anything at all?"

Hannah thought for a moment. "Well, besides the fact that he was going to come looking for both me and Loew to kill us, no. Well, wait." She put a finger to her chin. "For a moment he began talking to himself, talking to the voices in his head I would assume." Then her eyes widened and she snapped her fingers. "THAT'S IT! That's where I heard that name before, it was the demon!" She looked at Kintobor who looked back with curious eyes.

"Oh I'm sorry, I just couldn't put two and two together until just now. He said something about me joining his master, a man named Mr. S." Her voice grew dark. "The problem is, is that I don't think its just him Your Highness, maybe its the chemicals, but I had a dream just a few days ago about a man named Mr. S, he addressed himself as Loki though, he offered me the chance to become the most powerful human on the planet but that I would have to go through with his plans and I refuse to let someone run my destiny. I told Loki no in the dream, just as I told Hank before. I thought I was going crazy and I still do I guess. But now that I know that Hank has the same visions, I'm not so sure anymore. Do you you know who Mr. S is? Who Loki is? What power was he talking about? It frightens me a bit, not enough to stay scared...just...curious. You need to know your enemy to be able to beat them later."

Kintober stiffened. A sour look came over his face and he growled. "Mr. S..." Kintober muttered. Kintober stood up from the chair, and began to pace. "Ms Asgeirsson, I think there's something you should know. First off, whatever this Mr. S is, he's not just the figment of your imagination or some psychological experiment various subjects are being exposed to. It is..." Kintober pause. "something that seems to enjoy haunting not just myself, but my family's history." Hannah looked at him in curiosity. "You see, it started with my grandfather, Alfred Kintober. In addition to build the man who created the Eggman Empire of today, he apparently made a deal with the devil. Or something close to it. The story goes that in exchange for the know-how to create a country, and for said country to prosper, Alfred signed an agreement with a creature that held no real name, except for the pseudonym 'Mr. S.' From what I've heard, 'Mr. S' wore a pinstripe suit with a top hat, a cane, and a tie that said 'Smile.' Anyway, part of the agreement included that every Kintober from then on would be blessed with great intellectual prowess. However, the story doesn't say what this 'Mr. S' wanted in return. I think I've figured it out though." Kintober stopped pacing and his face took on a hard look.

"It seems that eventually, every Kintober will be visited by this creature, and if they don't agree with it's demands, they go insane. Case and point, my brother Jack. I was originally under the impression he had died in a car wreck. However, he came back to attack me in his rebellion some months ago. The rebellion was defeated, and I personally stopped Jack. But before I beat him, Jack continually rambled on about how the curse on our family wasn't a myth. He said the same creature who'd helped Alfred was the same creature who'd visited him, and helped him build his army. From what Jack told me, he was obeying the orders of this being. When I asked him what the creature wanted, he gave me a strait answer:The demon wants to watch the world descend into chaos just for the hell of it." Hannah didn't know what it was about the sentence Kintober had just issued, but it sent a shiver running up and down her spine. "Aside from that, I couldn't get much out of my brother before locking him up in the facility. However, I'm beginning to believe what he said more and more." He turned to face Hannah, dead serious.

"Ms Asgeirsson, what I'm about to tell you does not leave this room. If it does...well, you'll regret it. Understood?" Hannah nodded. Kintober continued. "Since the rebellion, well, terrorist attack more like it, I've found myself hearing a rather persistent voice in the back of my mind. It is definitely not my own. It has been constantly urging me to attack other nations on the basis of 'They're planning it too.' That, and I've been having more and more vivid dreams about Eggman Empire descending into anarchy. Sometimes it's because of other nations, but other times..." Kintober seemed to drift off for a second. "Other times it's a different enemy. One that wields more power then any nation on this planet. And when I have those dreams, the underlying message is that because I didn't do what the voice says, my nation I've worked hard to maintain and grow, will suffer." Kintober leaned in close. "So Ms Asgeirsson, I'm either going insane, or there is an entity out there that wants the world to burn and it wants me to be it's pawn." Kintober stood up and turned away from Hannah. "I will not allow this. Even if it takes every fiber of my being, even my life, I will not allow this great country to be part of some monster's schemes." He turned back to Hannah "Ms Asgeirsson, I have a question for you." Hannah looked at him.

"What is it?" Her mouth suddenly dry.

"Do you think it's possible, that there is some sort of ethereal being out there, that wants to see the entire world go up in smoke, for whatever reason? And do you think that it chose my family, and my country to be its instrument in causing this? Or am I just going insane?"

Hannah smiled and took his hand tightly in her own. "Sammyace." She said, forgetting the formalities of politics all together. "That is up for you to believe. Do I believe there is a god out there that is trying to destroy this world? Perhaps, the world seems awfully good at trying to destroy itself. Maybe think about it like this, look at the men that have led the world in such destruction, there are people from all walks of life that have made the world subject to far worse than Jack ever did to this country and yet when you see them on television or even have the horrendous opportunity to speak with them in person, they don't seem mad at all. So perhaps this 'Mr. S' is not just centered for Eggman, perhaps he is the being of destruction itself."

She leaned back in the bed and looked at the ceiling. "I try not to tell people this story out of respect for Her Ladyship. But even Sarah I believe was controlled by that monster at a point. There were times where she would look at me with silver eyes and say that it would be easier to watch the world burn. She would say that she would give anything to drink the blood of her enemies and make this miserable world pay for all its done to her. And honestly Kintobor, long before I met this 'Mr. S' in my dreams, I agreed with her."

"I think that this thing will do anything to watch the world burn, it would use me, you, anyone, any leader on Earth to achieve these goals." Hannah sighed. "He offered me the power to become the most powerful person in the world, to have my enemies buried in the ground beneath my feet. But it isn't about mindless killing Sammyace, it is about getting what you want from the killing. I am not saying I am an angel, I am most definitely not, but neither am I an instrument to spread chaos to this world. As to you going insane?" Hannah chuckled. "When I met you I figured you already there, but that was what I enjoyed about the meeting, you're an abstract person Mr. Kintobor and the world needs more people like you, but I think you mean well at heart or at least you mean well to the people that mean well to you. After all, you and you alone granted me my wish to become powerful enough to reclaim my land and for that you have my eternal friendship. But...you will never have my destiny and I will never have yours. That's the key Kintobor. Mystical beings or not, they can only influence you as much as you want them too. But if you have the willpower to fight back, then we can create order in this world." She smiled sadistically. "And trust me, when I mean order, I don't mean the rainbows and sunshine that Sarah wanted."

"But if you must know, for as much as I might hear his voice in my head, now or in the future. There is another voice in my head and that belongs to the person who has guided me throughout my whole life. Whether it is God speaking through Sarah's voice or Sarah herself. Someone is watching over me and I'm sure if you have faith someone is watching over you too, just...silently." She sat back up and kissed the Emperor lightly on the cheek. "But don't worry, you'll get through it, we'll get through it. That demon, he'll be sorry he ever tried to come into my head."

Upon hearing her speech, Kintober shot her a grin. "Ms Asgeirsson, you are as elegant as you are beautiful. And your advice is just as powerful as your fists." He didn't return the kiss, but he did pat her on the shoulder. "I suppose your right. Demon or not, we all pave our own destinies. Just because some being wants to run mine doesn't mean I'll let him. Not without one hell of a fight. I will rule this country and live my life the way I want to. The hell with some monster that made a deal with my grandfather." He chuckled. Then he grinned at her again. "As for you bringing order to this world, well...I think we both have a common goal in that respect. And I believe we have the same type of order in mind." He stretched out and yawned before returning to his speech. "You know, I wouldn't say we're alike minds, but I'm fairly certain they travel down the same roads of thought. Just know this, whenever you or Sarah needs help down the road, let me know. You'll have all of Eggman Empire at your disposal. Now, rest up and heal quickly! We still have the last part of your augmentation to finish." He said, the chirpiness returning to his voice. "I hope to see you again soon my lady! Don't worry, by the way. I suspect you'll be out of this place very soon. Oh, and before I forget, here." Kintober pulled out a brown bag and pulled out it's contents. It was Hannah's diary and locket. "Well, get well soon! I must be off now. Someone has to clean up the mess the prison break made." He said with a bit of a sigh. With that, he left the book, locket, and his bag of candy next to Hannah and left the room.