Arctic Conference

Californian

Lance smiled when he read the Top Secret folder handed to him. "You are quite generous, Mr. Eyvindsson. Disparu is quite lucky to be neighbours with Grøenlandia. In return, the Disparuean Forces' Aerospace Command can defend the SDI from possible airborne attacks."

"As long as you can provide methods as green as possible for oil harvesting, then I have no qualms whatsoever with you drilling for oil in my waters."

Lance looked at Cybil. "Haha, a greener method for harvesting oil? I'd say that's a bit...far-fetched, considering that oil itself isn't green. If you want a greener energy source, try something else.

As for the air base with Venezuela, I still have some problems with it. Your military force might not defeat the Venezuelans, and even though Disparu, the Eggman Empire and Grøenlandia can probably take care of it, it would still cause a lot of trouble."

"...as long as I can be assured that, if the reasons for a war to start are corrupt, such as genocide or a war launched by a coup, that we others can refuse participation."

Lance motioned towards Cybil. "This."

Lance smiled when he read the Top Secret folder handed to him. "You are quite generous, Mr. Eyvindsson. Disparu is quite lucky to be neighbours with Grøenlandia. In return, the Disparuean Forces' Aerospace Command can defend the SDI from possible airborne attacks."

"As long as you can provide methods as green as possible for oil harvesting, then I have no qualms whatsoever with you drilling for oil in my waters."

Lance looked at Cybil. "Haha, a greener method for harvesting oil? I'd say that's a bit...far-fetched, considering that oil itself isn't green. If you want a greener energy source, try something else.

As for the air base with Venezuela, I still have some problems with it. Your military force might not defeat the Venezuelans, and even though Disparu, the Eggman Empire and Grøenlandia can probably take care of it, it would still cause a lot of trouble."

"...as long as I can be assured that, if the reasons for a war to start are corrupt, such as genocide or a war launched by a coup, that we others can refuse participation."

Lance motioned towards Cybil. "This."

OOC: :P Relax guys, if you read our RP, you'll find that she can use my forces. Not really a threat to anyone.

"I thank you all for willing to help protect the GrMDSNET. The offers are most appreciated, and we would be more than willing to have additional naval and aircraft protection.

As for the military base, I still have reservations like Mr. Pikachurin however I feel the decisions made by Cyneriice Northan on its own soil need to be respected. I suggest a compromise, perhaps Cyneriice Northan can specify a limit to the number of personnel and aircraft allowed on the base to insure it does not become a grounds for invasion.

After hearing all your input, here is a draft treaty:

Confederation of Arctic Nations

I. Preamble

The undersigned nations- Disparu, Eggman Empire, Cyneriice Northan, and the Federal Republic of Grøenlandia (hereby known as Grøenlandia) – are sovereign independent entities who sign this pact to ensure peace, justice, well-being, and security for the mutual betterment of the respective signatories.

II. Non-Aggression

The aforementioned nations agree to a pact of non-aggression, and will not interfere or step into the soil of any other member nation that does not specifically ask for said interference. Nor will any signatory illegally spy, destabilize, or in any other way attempt to bring harm to another signatory.

III. Mutual Defense

The aforementioned nations agree to a pact of mutual defense and pledge to defend any member of this treaty that is being attacked by a foreign aggressor. If a nation is waging a defensive war, the signatories promise to provide military, intelligence, and civilian aid to ensure the survival of the threatened nation.

a. Member nations are not required to assist in any aggressive war started by another. Though their help is suggested in a just war, it is by no means required through this document.

IV. Economical Advancement

The nations in this treaty agree to support trade amongst each other, and free-trade agreements between the signatories are highly suggested. In addition, member nations agree to help support less advanced signatories through favorable contracts and deals.

V. Headquarters

The member nations agree to staff a Confederation of Arctic Nations headquarters in the city of [city name]. The undersigned nations agree to staff the building with diplomats at all times to ensure urgent issues can be quickly dealt with.

VI. Membership

Nations may apply to join this treaty. There are no requirements, however geographical position in the Arctic circle or close proximity to other member nations is suggested. Applicant nations may be accepted with a majority vote.

If signatories feel a nation in the treaty no longer has the best interests of others in mind and does not live up to the ideals presented in the preamble, the signatories may expel the unfavorable nation with a supermajority (2/3) vote.

VII. Amendments

Any part of this treaty can be amended with a supermajority vote besides Article II.

VIII. Termination

No nation shall be forced to stay in this treaty against their will. Thus, any nation may leave this pact so long as they give a five day notice before withdrawal. The nation may apply to rejoin at any time.

IX. Signatures

This treaty was ratified on the date of [day, month] in the year of our Lord 2009. The undersigned agree to uphold this treaty to the best of their ability.

I added Article V because I thought it might be useful. If you agree, I was hoping you all might help decide on the location of the headquarters. I am open to all suggestions.

Finally, a question for Mr. Ryst and Mr. Dreth. As you may know, we are currently about two thirds of the way done with our Autoway System. However, the System does call for building some of the roads in your country, due to the shape of our nation. We were hoping you would allow these roads to be built, possibly even redrawn so they pass through some of your cities if you'd like. We would be more than willing to help build the roads if you do not want to yourself."

frginterstate.png

Map of planned routes.

"Fear not - I think the same as you are thinking," Cybil said with an assured smile. "Being as pro-peace as I am, I keep a very careful eye on what military-based operations go on in my country. The smallest hint at warfare from Venezuela, and I would have them out and everyone in the Arctic on full alert."

Turning to look at Pikachurin, she added, "And, there are green methods of harvesting non-renewable resources, or at least methods that lean towards a greener side. The Venezuelans, for example, have designed a portable oil rig that leaves very little mess, and can work a large area without much construction, thus avoiding much disturbance of the environment. To add, most of the aluminum in my country comes not from an aluminum mine, but rather, from trash picked from the shore and recycled.

"In regards to the treaty, I am fine with all terms."

Where is this city of Snowpoint on a map?

"To be precise, Snowpoint is located on sixty-two degrees north, seventy-seven degrees west.

Here is the location of Snowpoint on a map in relation to other possible signatories, marked by a red dot:

MapSnowpoint.png

The only problem I see with it is that it may be too far west to your liking."

Finally, a question for Mr. Ryst and Mr. Dreth. As you may know, we are currently about two thirds of the way done with our Autoway System. However, the System does call for building some of the roads in your country, due to the shape of our nation. We were hoping you would allow these roads to be built, possibly even redrawn so they pass through some of your cities if you'd like. We would be more than willing to help build the roads if you do not want to yourself."

frginterstate.png

Map of planned routes.

Dreth stood up. "I believe this is arrangeable. After studying your map, I believe I have some suggestions. Here is a map of our country:"

eggmanx.th.jpg

"It seems that you have two parts of your interstate planned to run through Isen(Yellow square) and Kulde-staden(blue square). Do you think it would be possible to connect your roads to Robotropolis(gray square), Frysebane(black square), and Havensvend(green square)? We would ask you to connect to Vlask(orange square), but Vlask has been quarantined off a chemical attack by terrorist and we still haven't cleaned it up yet." With that, he sat down. Ryst stood up in his place.

"As for the treaty..." Ryst said. "I find it acceptable, and I will sign it as a representative of the Eggman Empire government."

"Indeed Snowpoint appears to be fairly disconnected from the center of our region. Do you have any other cities closer to the geographical center that would be suitable? No other signatories have shown interest and we are more than willing to allow you to host the headquarters if you desire."

Ty took a new map and handed it to Dreth,

"Indeed, we are more than able to include your major cities. If you agree with the suggested routes on the map, we can begin construction on these roads immediately."

Map: http://img131.imageshack.us/img131/1996/cnrpmap.png

He then faced Pikachurin,

"St. Mystere looks like an ideal place for the headquarters. With no objections, we can add that to the treaty and begin signing."

Confederation of Arctic Nations

I. Preamble

The undersigned nations- Disparu, Eggman Empire, Cyneriice Northan, and the Federal Republic of Grøenlandia (hereby known as Grøenlandia) – are sovereign independent entities who sign this pact to ensure peace, justice, well-being, and security for the mutual betterment of the respective signatories.

II. Non-Aggression

The aforementioned nations agree to a pact of non-aggression, and will not interfere or step into the soil of any other member nation that does not specifically ask for said interference. Nor will any signatory illegally spy, destabilize, or in any other way attempt to bring harm to another signatory.

III. Mutual Defense

The aforementioned nations agree to a pact of mutual defense and pledge to defend any member of this treaty that is being attacked by a foreign aggressor. If a nation is waging a defensive war, the signatories promise to provide military, intelligence, and civilian aid to ensure the survival of the threatened nation.

a. Member nations are not required to assist in any aggressive war started by another. Though their help is suggested in a just war, it is by no means required through this document.

IV. Economical Advancement

The nations in this treaty agree to support trade amongst each other, and free-trade agreements between the signatories are highly suggested. In addition, member nations agree to help support less advanced signatories through favorable contracts and deals.

V. Headquarters

The member nations agree to staff a Confederation of Arctic Nations headquarters in the city of St. Mystere. The undersigned nations agree to staff the building with diplomats at all times to ensure urgent issues can be quickly dealt with.

VI. Membership

Nations may apply to join this treaty. There are no requirements, however geographical position in the Arctic circle or close proximity to other member nations is suggested. Applicant nations may be accepted with a majority vote.

If signatories feel a nation in the treaty no longer has the best interests of others in mind and does not live up to the ideals presented in the preamble, the signatories may expel the unfavorable nation with a supermajority (2/3) vote.

VII. Amendments

Any part of this treaty can be amended with a supermajority vote besides Article II.

VIII. Termination

No nation shall be forced to stay in this treaty against their will. Thus, any nation may leave this pact so long as they give a five day notice before withdrawal. The nation may apply to rejoin at any time.

IX. Signatures

This treaty was ratified on the date of October 15th, in the year of our Lord 2009. The undersigned agree to uphold this treaty to the best of their ability.

Signed for the Federal Republic of Grøenlandia,

Forseti Ty Eyvindsson

Forsætisráðherra Ísólfur Ármannsson

Utanríkisráðherra Steingrímur Vilhjálmsson

Official Approval from the Senatus

"Excellent, I've publicly announced the treaty here.

Ms. Cybil, what do you need for your nation and military? We are currently upgrading our weaponry and can give you our old R36 assault rifle at ridiculous prices. It's a very good rifle and we have over 400,000 of them, more than you would need I should think. We can also send some military technicians and engineers over with designs for modern artillery and tanks."

"Excellent, I've publicly announced the treaty here.

Ms. Cybil, what do you need for your nation and military? We are currently upgrading our weaponry and can give you our old R36 assault rifle at ridiculous prices. It's a very good rifle and we have over 400,000 of them, more than you would need I should think. We can also send some military technicians and engineers over with designs for modern artillery and tanks."

"The Eggman Empire can give you a good deal on a few thousand AK-47s we have lying in reserve armories. They will be a mix of new and refurbished models. We can also help you design and build defenses and units, too." Ryst informed Cybil.

• 3 weeks later...