Lets try this again...

Mongol Federation

OOC: Lets try this again...

I claim my old territory in South America. Hopefully my internet won't die this time. <_<

IC: As dawn came on, the newly rising sun casting a golden hue on the Caracas skyline, Antonio Chavez marched to the beach, a horde of battered and tired looking people behind him. They were all civilians but they knew how to fight and they had fought hard to get to the beach.

Antonio tells his aids, 2 young men and a woman, to spread the word for the 'army' to stop. As the order is spread, Antonio approaches a podium that had been set up for him in the pre-dawn hours when he had 1st lead the horde into the near empty city. As Antonio takes his position behind the podium, he waits a few moments to allow the horde to settle down and then starts speaking, "My people, long have we struggled to bring this land under our rule. Most have, I'm thankful to say, flocked to our cause but even still we had to rebuild towns, roads, schools and more. And then, just a week ago as we approached this great city, we were finally opposed by that ragtag band of barbarians that called themselves masters of this land, as if they, who unlike ourselves, had lived here in the days before the darkness came. They were not Latin nor native. They were whites from North America, hopping to claim this land, OUR land as their own in it's state of anarchy. And what happened to them, my people?"

A great cry rises from the horde, "We killed them! We killed them! We killed them and reclaimed our land!" As the chant died down after being repeated several times, Antonio resumed speaking, "That we did! That you, in honor and bravery, did!" The horde cheers. "And so now we stand in our capital, the last of the lands left ungoverned for so long. At last this land is free and safe once more!" Antonio knew that the land was hardly safe but no need to worry the horde. He would deal with that soon enough, for now he had to rally the horde to him more fully then they had ever been before and so he continued speaking, "Now comes the time we finish rebuilding our civilization. The time we build up a great military machine to crush our enemies. Now is the time we declare this land, once referred to as the Vince of the New World, to be the free, sovereign and proud Republic of Venezuela (OOC: Ya, I'm not RPing my IG nation this time.)!"

bolivia%20protesters%20burn%20venezuelan%20flag.jpg

Venezuelans getting ready to raise their flag once more.

Edited by New Inca Empire

Caracas was a dead city. Throughout the period of darkness that had gripped the land, the city had lain abandoned by most, unhealthy and dangerous as it was. But there was opportunity in this, for in it's slumber only jungle growth did any harm and the city had not been in it's desolate state for vary long. Indeed only the edges of the city, directly bordering the Amazon, looked anything like the overgrown cities of the long dead native nations. Caracas could be cleaned up and rebuilt. All that was needed was a stable government and economy. With the horde supporting him and the port facilities in surprisingly good order, this wouldn't be as hard as Antonio Chavez had feared.

Already the clean up effort was underway, for the horde had set to work immediately upon entering the city, only a small fraction following Antonio to the beach. With the Republic declared, the port was also being explored and it's restoration would soon follow. As Antonio walked along the docks, he noticed that the cranes had already been reactivated and the 1st supply ships, a fleet of which had shadowed his march along the coast, was already sailing into port to unload more workers and supplies.

a-cargo-ship-001.jpg

A supply ship is shadowed by a tugboat as it enters the Republican Port of Caracas.

Coro was a quiet port city at the fringes of the Republic's control. Samuel Gonzales, the man tasked with it's governance, was a tired man having single handily driven off the gangs that had ruled the city before the arrival the 'army'. Samuel mused that Antonio's description of his followers as a horde, while crude, was nonetheless accurate. However, all may well soon be well Samuel thought to himself. If the republican government was strong and with Antonio at it's head, it likely would be, then he would soon receive the aid he needed. Yes, once Antonio was done in Caracas, he'd have all he needed to move past simply keeping Coro alive and on to making it rich. With this in mind he called his aids to him, they needed to plan the building of a marketplace and increase their efforts on rebuilding the Republican Road System.

OOC: TheStig/Top Gear claimed it in this thread after being his protectorate for a long time. Need to speak to him for the land. Also, he's South American.

Good luck though (and sorry about the OOC)! I'll probebly through more land in your direction soon.

Edited by JerreyRough

Deciding that the government needed to flex it's official muscle and define the Republic, Antonio Chavez commissioned a map of the Republic of Venezuela. After having it shown to himself, Antonio approved it and ordered it disseminated across the Republic and to any governments that wished to review the Republic's territorial claims.

125380809037967.gif

Official extent of Republican control of Venezuela.