Malvinian News Company

Zoot Zoot

Hi and welcome to todays midday Broadcast fromt he Malvinian News Company.

As the Nation is still reeling in shock from fridays Rebellion and placement and General Stone as the New Premier we are still feeling the effects of the street battle.

Hundreds of People lined the streets as the State Funeral for Premier Zoot was held, alongside the procession for the 227 other people who died in the revolution as its now being called.

geoVfuneral10_600.jpg

geoVfuneral03.jpg

The Grenadier Guards of the Malvinian Royal Army Corps, a section of the military whos History goes back to when Malvinas had a Royal Family, was on parade in Honour of the Former Premier.

troopingcolours008.jpg

troopingcolours011.jpg

troopingcolours025.jpg

They do the Annual "Trooping the Colour" each year by the Citadel to Honour our history, and have attended every State Funeral since King Michael.

Next on Todays news is the Startling Government Policies.

Premier Barney has introduced Conscription for all unemployed citizens and criminals with minor jail sentences.

His New reforms have swelled the Military from 25000 to up to 48000 men in a week.

Civil Protection has been rounding up all civilians without jobs or homes or sources of income and pressing the into the army.

the Premier had this to say:

"Unemployment will no longer blight this country, the military offers you the same job opertunities as it does in civvie street. the conscripts arnt being told they are stuck in 1 role, they are free to choose a career inside the military, nursing mechanics, building etc.

By doing this the government saves 15% of its annual payouts in benefits to people who cannot work for medical reasons etc. Only people who are lazy and have no reason for being unemployed are being conscripted."

Edited by Zoot Zoot

OOC, i did a thread on friday with it all in but it got severley derailed when it could have been resolved privately... and Premier Barneys government is going to be much better than Zoots was.. ive planned it.... and the conscription was to end unemployment etc im not sure if i put it in the articall or not, but they arnt forced to be frontline soldiers they can train in any career they want as part of the army, IE army scholorships etc.... i need to thicken the story out i think

Malvinas News Company

Evening Broadcast

The new Premier Held a Press conference today comdemning the acts of the rebels and denouncing all claims of a coup.

he had this to say:

"Early on friday morning the citizens of city 17 rose up in general revolt agianst the government. As the images and video footage showed, the military and police tried putting down the Rebellion and were slaughtered as a result.

The hanging of Premier Zoot was unneeded and uncalled for, this should have been resolved in the General elections, not by bloodshed. it is not our way.

You put me in an awkward Position, being Commander in chief of all Malvinian Forces on active duty, sworn to protect the establish, and now find myself labeled a plotter and deciever.

let it be known i do not want this seat of power, yet i shall take up rule of Malvinas, and use the teachings of Premier Zoot and Budda to guide our Nation to prosperity and peace.

To our allies the Kitexians i have this to say, thankyou for recognising my seat of power and not leaving our MDP. thankyou for standing by our side in yet another turbulent section of our history. I was Premier Zoots most trusted commander and i shant let his memory down.

To all those people who aided in the execution of Premier Zoot, you will face trial for high treason.

your identies are known and you will face justice for your heinous acts of treachery.

questions?"

Premier Barney Stone, slamming down the weeks rebellion with an Iron fist there. Only he himself knows if he means his words, but i sure do.

Bringing you the latest Headlines, as they come.

this is Harrison Ford, good night.