New England Press Conference

JEDCJT

As their Tahoan friends have done, the federal government appointed Secretary of State Franklin Delano Roosevelt to open up a press conference for reporters from different nations to ask any questions about everything that is to know about New England. The SecDef smiled as he scanned the crowd of reporters in front of him.

509px-FDR_in_1933.jpg

Secretary of State Franklin Delano Roosevelt

"Hello ladies and gentlemen! As you may be aware of, this is a press conference, where you can ask any question about New England, any! Want to know what life in New England is like? Ask! Want to know what are New Englanders' favorite football teams? Ask! Want to know why we chose Boston as the capital instead of, like, Philadelphia? Heck, ask that too! Don't be afraid to ask, we'll be glad to answer you the best we can! Well, unless it's about state secrets or classified stuff, which is a no-no. With that, have fun!"

Roosevelt grinned as he waited for the questions to begin...

"Why does New England feel they need to hold a press conference just so people can ask questions which will likely not have much an effect on said people's lives or are asked by reporters who don't really seem to have much government backing. In fact couldn't you say that this seems to be like some sort of forum roleplaying genere attempt at increasing a post count for a user or users by asking meaningless questions that nobody will remember in a few days?" asked one reporter from Tasmania.

OOC: :P

"Why does New England feel they need to hold a press conference just so people can ask questions which will likely not have much an effect on said people's lives or are asked by reporters who don't really seem to have much government backing. In fact couldn't you say that this seems to be like some sort of forum roleplaying genere attempt at increasing a post count for a user or users by asking meaningless questions that nobody will remember in a few days?" asked one reporter from Tasmania.

OOC: :P

OOC: lol :P

IC: Roosevelt raised an eyebrow as he chuckled. "Well...that's a mighty interesting question. I have no idea what you mean by forum roleplaying, but what I can answer is that we opened up this press conference so we can open ourselves to the world as well provide a source of information and entertainment."

"Sir! Holy Imperial Press, is it true that this conference is just a way to try and steal Tahoe's thunder?" The press officer angled his microphone towards the Secretary.

Roosevelt laughed good-naturedly. "Good question. No, we didn't open this conference to steal Tahoe's thunder. But yes, this press conference was in part inspired by the one currently in Tahoe."

OOC: lol :P

IC: Roosevelt raised an eyebrow as he chuckled. "Well...that's a mighty interesting question. I have no idea what you mean by forum roleplaying, but what I can answer is that we opened up this press conference so we can open ourselves to the world as well provide a source of information and entertainment."

"Indeed let me just get my big book of stuff", reporter leans over and pulls out a fairly large book "ah yes it seems here that section fourty two, paragraph A states that press conferences are not usually needed as you can almost all the information you need out of a travel leaflet or from the internet. What do you say to that?" replied the reporter.

"Indeed let me just get my big book of stuff", reporter leans over and pulls out a fairly large book "ah yes it seems here that section fourty two, paragraph A states that press conferences are not usually needed as you can almost all the information you need out of a travel leaflet or from the internet. What do you say to that?" replied the reporter.

Roosevelt smirked. "What would you prefer the information to come from, me personally or from the leaflets or Internet?"

Roosevelt smirked. "What would you prefer the information to come from, me personally or from the leaflets or Internet?"

"When usually it would be from leaflets and such as people in your position would be you know running the country and such but I only ask because for some reason I am sure someone will ask what is the averga enight like for one of your citizens!!! I mean why would a government sponsored reporter need to know that its not that helpful for a foreign government to know. Its as if some outside force was asking a strange and silly question that a real reporter wouldn't ask hmmm".

A man stood. "Chester Andrews, Xaristan News One, WXNO. Xaristan has been the nation most outwardly critical of your expansion through the northeast, and now midwest, part of the North American continent. What is your government's reaction to this criticism, and does the recent defeat in your legislature halt any future plans to incorporate your territories as states?"

"When usually it would be from leaflets and such as people in your position would be you know running the country and such but I only ask because for some reason I am sure someone will ask what is the averga enight like for one of your citizens!!! I mean why would a government sponsored reporter need to know that its not that helpful for a foreign government to know. Its as if some outside force was asking a strange and silly question that a real reporter wouldn't ask hmmm".

Roosevelt smiled. "Ah, so I see. We feel that by opening a press conference, we would open ourselves up as a people and nation to the world on a more close level of interaction than leaflets and the Internet would achieve."

A man stood. "Chester Andrews, Xaristan News One, WXNO. Xaristan has been the nation most outwardly critical of your expansion through the northeast, and now midwest, part of the North American continent. What is your government's reaction to this criticism, and does the recent defeat in your legislature halt any future plans to incorporate your territories as states?"

"Well, the government does take Xaristan's criticism into consideration, but that does not stop us from respecting the people's wishes. We believe Xaristan is entitled to its opinion, and we respect them for that. As for the latter, I cannot speak for the National Assembly, but what I can say is that it will depend on the decisions of the National Assembly members and the people's wishes. If the National Assembly musters sufficient votes needed to admit a territory into the Union as a state, and it has the people's support, then it shall be done. If not, then it shall not be done, simple as that. We take the people's wishes into consideration, so to say."

"New England is a major power on the American Continents. Suppose, however, that something you consider a major human rights violation occurs on another continent. What action wpuld you take?"

A GLS National News reporter also added in:

"And what if the same situation occurred on the American continent?"

"New England is a major power on the American Continents. Suppose, however, that something you consider a major human rights violation occurs on another continent. What action wpuld you take?"

Roosevelt rubbed his chin. "Hm, we typically condemn them for their actions, and put diplomatic and economic pressure on them. And perhaps place economic sanctions on them, depending on the severity of that violation. But there isn't much we can do in that case, unless it takes place in the Americas, of course."

Sarah Johansen Omakinian New Network :

Does New England believe that all nuclear weapons should be destroyed

"No, we do not. It is our firm and unshakeable belief that nuclear weapons provide for the stability for our nation and for the American continent by providing a deterrant. But we believe that nuclear weapons should be utilized wisely, and only to be used as last resort, when all other options have been exhausted."

A GLS National News reporter also added in:

"And what if the same situation occurred on the American continent?"

Roosevelt smiled. "We intervene in any way possible (diplomatically, economically, etc) and resolve the situation, either by ourselves or with our allies."

A Drakorian reporter stood up. "Mr. Secretary, why is it that every photograph and portrait of you is gray? Is it intended to be reminiscent of an old age or have you not taken a picture in the last 60 years due to your own mind thinking you are un-photogenic? Or are you really dead and no one knows it?"

"Seriously now- is there any truth to the rumors that New England has secretly been testing nuclear devices in Holy Imperium of Man Territorial Waters?"

"Rumors are rumors. Let's leave it to that."

A Drakorian reporter stood up. "Mr. Secretary, why is it that every photograph and portrait of you is gray? Is it intended to be reminiscent of an old age or have you not taken a picture in the last 60 years due to your own mind thinking you are un-photogenic? Or are you really dead and no one knows it?"

Roosevelt laughed. "That's a good question, and a funny one that is. If I was dead, would I be sitting here and answering your question? As for your question, I typically like to have my photographs taken in both color and gray, the latter to provide them with a more 'authentic' look, so to say."

Roosevelt laughed. "That's a good question, and a funny one that is. If I was dead, would I be sitting here and answering your question? As for your question, I typically like to have my photographs taken in both color and gray, the latter to provide them with a more 'authentic' look, so to say."

"You could be a robot," the reporter said. His cameraman slapped his forehead and groaned as the reporter added loudly, "ARE YOU A ROBOT?"

The cameraman gave Roosevelt an apologetic look.

"You could be a robot," the reporter said. His cameraman slapped his forehead and groaned as the reporter added loudly, "ARE YOU A ROBOT?"

The cameraman gave Roosevelt an apologetic look.

Roosevelt sighed and shook his head. "Let's get serious here, okay? To answer your question, no I am not a robot."

Roosevelt sighed and shook his head. "Let's get serious here, okay? To answer your question, no I am not a robot."

The reporter started to ask if Roosevelt was a zombie or a vampire when the cameraman picked up his tripod, smacked the reporter on the head, effectively knocking him out, and placing the camera on the tripod. "Sorry about that, he hasn't been right since his vacation to Transylvania. Anyway, what is your opinion on Drakoria? And the current state of world politics?"

The reporter started to ask if Roosevelt was a zombie or a vampire when the cameraman picked up his tripod, smacked the reporter on the head, effectively knocking him out, and placing the camera on the tripod. "Sorry about that, he hasn't been right since his vacation to Transylvania. Anyway, what is your opinion on Drakoria? And the current state of world politics?"

Roosevelt raised his eyebrows at what had just transpired. "Our opinion of Drakoria is that though we don't have much relations with them, we view them as a honorable nation, and we wish to further our relations with them. As for the state of world politics, it's been stable so far, apart from minor diplomatic incidents and 'proxy wars' that are no concern to us. It is definitely better than it was back then, heh."

The SecDef glanced at the knocked-out reporter.

Edited by JEDCJT

Roosevelt raised his eyebrows at what had just transpired. "Our opinion of Drakoria is that though we don't have much relations with them, we view them as a honorable nation, and we wish to further our relations with them. As for the state of world politics, it's been stable so far, apart from minor diplomatic incidents and 'proxy wars' that are no concern to us. It is definitely better than it was back then, heh."

The SecDef glanced at the knocked-out reporter.

"Thank you," the cameraman said, sitting down and placing an icepack on the reporter's head. "That's all I have for now."