The Phoenix Federation Announcement

King Death II

Why doesn't LE call for reinforcements?

Perhaps because in the DoW, It was said that WOLF would keep out anyone else from joining in on this. I would assume LE simply want to spare their allies from getting curbstomped too.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Perhaps because in the DoW, It was said that WOLF would keep out anyone else from joining in on this. I would assume LE simply want to spare their allies from getting curbstomped too.

The DoW says no such thing. I encourage you to read it again.

LE is well within their rights to call on their allies for aid in their defense. TPF and the rest of WOLF have not denied LE their right to do so.

What is implied, however, that should an alliance choose to declare an offensive war against TPF, they should not be surprised if some of the WOLF signatories return the favor.

The DoW says no such thing. I encourage you to read it again.

LE is well within their rights to call on their allies for aid in their defense. TPF and the rest of WOLF have not denied LE their right to do so.

What is implied, however, that should an alliance choose to declare an offensive war against TPF, they should not be surprised if some of the WOLF signatories return the favor.

This is a good chance for us to show TE that WOLF will not be getting involved, but they will make sure that no one else joins in either.

Straight from Burning Glory.

Edited by The fox

erm who is going to attack tpf. from my view they are the strongest alliance on the game because of dealmasters building guide and they are about half the size of RE but i think they would beat RE in a war because RE mass recruit where as tpf help their alliance through. but LE are probly one of the best maybe better than tpf but they are simply out numbered. should be a good fight but my guess is a tpf victory

Emperor Stranger, you seem keen to distance yourself from the bloc's activites. A little embarrassed perhaps?

No, I am just stating what I know. I am not going to say "all the alliances in the blocs have/haven't done this", because I don't know. This is my first full round and my first round in Orbit Black.

OB won't be giving military support. Maybe we will give negotiating support.

Hmmm ... maybe CN should invent a tournament-style war game where gameskills matter.

Instead of whinging why don't you, I don't know, fight?

Here's an idea: attack me. I'm well below your pay grade so you'll easily win.

Use me to test out your gameskills. To vent your frustrations. To have fun.

It's a game, remember?

Straight from Burning Glory.

NOT in the DoW. That's not until the 4th reply. Burning Glory didn't even POST the DoW.

Instead of whinging why don't you, I don't know, fight?

I agree. It's time for you people to put up with it or actually do something about it.

NOT in the DoW. That's not until the 4th reply. Burning Glory didn't even POST the DoW.

Just because I got the post abit wrong doesnt chance its content.

Since we were 1 day away from blitzing RE, this ain't no big thang, don't have or need any allies. We just fight till it is done and let the chips fall where they may.

Just because I got the post abit wrong doesnt chance its content.

You didn't 'get the post a bit wrong', you attributed it to a completely different person.

I say again, Burning Glory did NOT post the DoW. He did however, make the statement you quoted.

Your original assertion stated that 'it was in the DOW'. That is false.

Edited by Arrnea

You didn't 'get the post a bit wrong', you attributed it to a completely different person.

I say again, Burning Glory did NOT post the DoW. He did however, make the statement you quoted.

Your original assertion stated that 'it was in the DOW'. That is false.

Yes, I got the post wrong, so? It doesnt change what was written, so what does this have for relevance?

No, I am just stating what I know. I am not going to say "all the alliances in the blocs have/haven't done this", because I don't know. This is my first full round and my first round in Orbit Black.

OB won't be giving military support. Maybe we will give negotiating support.

Not counting last round where they had a similar track record, heres the tally so far:

Hit MHA with well over 2x the NS

Hit Fark with well over 2x the NS

Hit Noir with well over 2x the NS

Hit LE with over 2x the NS

Are we seeing a pattern yet?

Not counting last round where they had a similar track record, heres the tally so far:

stop whinning a just fight. you was planning on hitting RE anyway which is about 3 or maybe 4 times the size of LE

Yes, I got the post wrong, so? It doesnt change what was written, so what does this have for relevance?

Just because one man from one alliance says something does not mean all the alliances in the bloc agreed to it. In fact, there wasn't even a vote on it. TPF and RE may have the majority members, but if we go by the bloc protocols then there would need to be a vote on this matter to make it so.

WOLF is here to defend itself and it was specifically stated that the alliances in it were in no way obligated to fighting an aggressive war, which this is.

So what? From my understanding, TPF is extremely large. What are they to do, attack their friends RE? I think you misunderstand the situation.

Just because one man from one alliance says something does not mean all the alliances in the bloc agreed to it. In fact, there wasn't even a vote on it. TPF and RE may have the majority members, but if we go by the bloc protocols then there would need to be a vote on this matter to make it so.

Then one can wonder why he would even have posted it to start with, It is quite clear that WOLF is used for more than defense, as if what you say is correct, he used it as a tool to threaten people into not attacking TPF in the defense of LE.

WOLF is here to defend itself and it was specifically stated that the alliances in it were in no way obligated to fighting an aggressive war, which this is.

That is up for discussion, as I mentioned in the above post, if Burning had no means of making WOLF go to war against anyone who defends LE, which is worse, then he is using it as a tool to threaten people into not defending LE. I wonder if this will turn into standard procedure, I wonder why I wouldnt be surprised if that was the case.

But I believe we have wandered off-topic enough with this as it is.

Emperor Stranger,

Since this is your first round, I suggest you look into the past actions of TPF and RE before you put faith in votes and protocols. BG and Tiberius run this bloc, so what they do is bloc policy. You can forget about whatever system they pretended to set-up. You will do what they say, and thats final. As long as you are fine with policy being "roll over everyone", then so be it.

The last time the bloc sent someone who was remotely close in NS at us, they got humiliated and were forced to surrender. They arent making the same mistake again.

Then one can wonder why he would even have posted it to start with, It is quite clear that WOLF is used for more than defense, as if what you say is correct, he used it as a tool to threaten people into not attacking TPF in the defense of LE.

He can threaten, but ultimately it's up to all the alliances in WOLF to make the decision of whether or not we are going to defend TPF from LE's back up.

That is up for discussion, as I mentioned in the above post, if Burning had no means of making WOLF go to war against anyone who defends LE, which is worse, then he is using it as a tool to threaten people into not defending LE. I wonder if this will turn into standard procedure, I wonder why I wouldnt be surprised if that was the case.

See the above statement.

Emperor Stranger,

Since this is your first round, I suggest you look into the past actions of TPF and RE before you put faith in votes and protocols. BG and Tiberius run this bloc, so what they do is bloc policy. You can forget about whatever system they pretended to set-up. You will do what they say, and thats final. As long as you are fine with policy being "roll over everyone", then so be it.

The last time the bloc sent someone who was remotely close in NS at us, they got humiliated and were forced to surrender. They arent making the same mistake again.

BG and Tibs don't run this bloc. The bloc was actually created by Folger and Gabryal and will soon be ran by the representatives of the alliances. If RE and TPF show that they are running the bloc and attempting to force the alliances to do things that we disagree with, trust me, we will back out. OB will not be forced to fight for TPF or RE, that's just how it goes.

He can threaten, but ultimately it's up to all the alliances in WOLF to make the decision of whether or not we are going to defend TPF from LE's back up.

See the above statement.

So, first you state that WOLF is only for defensive reasons, and now you say he can use it as a tool to threaten other alliances? You guys havent even had this pact for 48 hours and its already leaking like a target at a gunrange. The corruptness with this pact is clear as day, to the extent that I truely am surprised that more people havent opposed this by now.

Shoot, we are EXCITED about this war! You are just whining because we booted your sorry butt off our boards for a very poor attempt at spying.

So, first you state that WOLF is only for defensive reasons, and now you say he can use it as a tool to threaten other alliances?

It's called freedom of speech. He can threaten all he wants, it's up to the other alliances to call his bluff. The smaller alliances won't break bloc protocol for his threats. I myself tried using the bloc to threaten AZTEC with, as I found out TPF and RE weren't behind me fully. Guess what? OB backed down and I learned that WOLF is not a great bargaining chip.

Once BG makes the mistake of declaring a war he can't win without WOLF's backup, he will learn that the alliances in WOLF were dead set on remaining to the protocols.