Government type

WolfsPride

I had my Government set to Monarchy for building purposes all the while my people " Preferred" something else. My Nation preferres Communist so this morning I set it and my People are "Happy" with this type. I know it has a small environment penalty and I'm fine with that. My problem is with this;

If my people "prefer" communist then why is my happiness down too? Shouldn't they be happier if that's what they prefer to make up for the environment effect?

Something needs to be revamped

I had my Government set to Monarchy for building purposes all the while my people " Preferred" something else. My Nation preferres Communist so this morning I set it and my People are "Happy" with this type. I know it has a small environment penalty and I'm fine with that. My problem is with this;

If my people "prefer" communist then why is my happiness down too? Shouldn't they be happier if that's what they prefer to make up for the environment effect?

Something needs to be revamped

This is because the Monarchy Government type carries a +1 happiness bonus, irrespective of whether or not it's what the people want. By switching to Communist, you've lost that +1 happiness bonus, although, this has been immediately negated by a +1 happiness bonus from the approval of the people. However, you still have the negative environmental effect, which costs you happiness points.

Hope this helps.

This is because the Monarchy Government type carries a +1 happiness bonus, irrespective of whether or not it's what the people want. By switching to Communist, you've lost that +1 happiness bonus, although, this has been immediately negated by a +1 happiness bonus from the approval of the people. However, you still have the negative environmental effect, which costs you happiness points.

Hope this helps.

Ummmm. I think that's what I just said <_<

Well I guess the argument is that just because your people want a certain type of government it doesn't mean that it's the best type of government for your nation development, due to the other bonuses. Why you get the same happiness from a government type that your people don't want as one they do I don't know but I guess it's to make the selection of government more tactical - it would be boring if it were like religion and all you had to do was choose the one that your people want for maximum benefit.

Bingo. I don't agree with it at all.lol

Yeah, the Communist Government option [for me] is useless for peace time. I'd only use it if I was fighting a war and had a WC big enough to not collect until I could switch back.

Yeah, the Communist Government option [for me] is useless for peace time. I'd only use it if I was fighting a war and had a WC big enough to not collect until I could switch back.

well i usually keep mine on capatalism but occasionally if my happyness is down ill keep it on the goverment the people want but my advice is keep it on capatalism for money and communism for war thats the only two ill ever use