Membership request

Amyante

OOC: I know, we discussed that. I also mentioned i'd still be asking for it ICly, which is what Amy's doing now. You're still free to say 'no' though ;)

Edited by Amyante

"Indeed, this is acceptable. There was a possibility that the Dragon Empire's laws were not yet aware of this joint control and military access treaty and well... let's just say we wanted the circumstances be known when reports come of Zargathian troops crossing the border into Hulunbuir. On that note, the option of war games between our troops in the region appeals to the Dragon Empire also?"

"The second issue is one concerning another new member of the Empire, the PRC. I do not know if you have heard of the recent discussions concerning the secret clauses mentioned in this treaty between Yamato and the NPR, which had been declassified a few days prior to the nuclear incident in Beijing."

"Zargathia sees itself as the successor state of Yamato similar how Yamato was a successor state of the Dai Kyokujitsu Teikoku, and the treaty would have been renewed at this scheduled diplomatic meeting which would have taken place a few days from now, we technically have a claim on the Hubei region given the fall of the NPR without a successor state. Given that we still lack experience, would you be willing to mediate in this matter?"

"The problem is that your treaty is with a dead sovereign; Yamato to be speciifc. It would be up to the good graces of the PRC as to whether or not they would honor that pact given they were not signatories of the treaty which covered their land. But, to be honest, the Yamato regime caused a lot of difficulties and troubles in Asia and frequently attempted to poison pill the peace and stability of the region. It is very possible the PRC will find this request unacceptable because Yamato frequently went against its neighbor's wishes and was hyper aggresive. We hope you understand and if the PRC says no that you will hold no ill will towards them."

"War games are a definite possibility. I would suggest you arrange them with your neighboring states.. Lu Empire and PRC in particular. Local forces tend to handle Empire affairs where possible in conflict zones, so the closer they are to you the more likely they would be participating in conflict with you at their side. I am going to be out of town for a couple of days, but if you want to do war games with the Dragonisian military.. something many states have found very enlightening when it comes to their defenses,.. I would welcome the opportunity to practice with you once i return."

"I hope this letter finds your leadership in good health."

Sincerely,

Maelstrom Vortex

Edited by Maelstrom Vortex

Amyante tapped her chin as she read the letter, considering her options carefully. Hubei was an agricultural province and located almost at the center of the lands now belonging to the PRC. Claiming them would likely stress her relation with the PRC, and she had made no secret of having her eye on Daqing and Liaodong for various reasons. Which, regrettably, would make it better if she dropped the claim on Hubei. Grabbing a pen and paper -- all diplomatic mail was hand written, she found it more personal that way -- she started writing a reply.

Zargathia thanks you for the information. All things considered, we have decided not to request the PRC to fulfill the treaty due to conflicting priorities, and will of course fully recognise the area as being under control of the PRC -- and through it, the Dragon Empire.

As for the war games, our original treaty was with the Lu Empire affecting the Hulunbuir prefecture only, but if the PRC and Dragon Empire wish to join in we would certainly have no objections. We request that these war games be restricted to the Hulunbuir area however, as the Greater Khingan mountain range, heavy forests and high steppes in combination with a low population density would make the area ideally suited for a wide range of combat scenarios.

Sincerely,

Queen Amyante Tojimaru

Zargathian Transistionary Government

Will the battlegrounds have a suitable aquatic actions zone or is this to be a purely continental exercise? I'd like to get our troops on the best footing for the terrain we're going to be fighting in to give you a reasonable fight.

Regards,

General Bob Maddox

Dragonisian 1st Mechanized Amphibious Division

Edited by Maelstrom Vortex

Not that we know of, no. Zargathia has no access to the sea of its own either, so any games involving amphibious and/or aquatic divisions will have to take place on Imperial coastline. That said, if it can be arranged...

Regards,

Queen Amyante Tojimaru

Zargathian Transitionary Government

Edited by Amyante

Threats to your state are no longer really continental in nature. Your most likely avenue of incursion would be from the pacific. If you'd like to change the location of the games we leave that to your discretion. We're ready to rumble wherever ya like."

Regards,

General Bob Maddox

Dragonisian 1st Mechanized Amphibious Division