Strigian Struggles

Margrave

*Regional Capital For The Duration, Constantinople*

In a small, cozy room, well away from the center stage of court and intrigue, a council of men and women had gathered in secret, under the auspices of the Margrave Guiscard and his order.

"Romanov, we'll soon be debating if we even have a country or not, much less what to do about this recession."

"Don't you think I know that, Risand? That is why this council has been called; no one knows better than the Margrave of such things. Let us not forget it was his...organization that got us through the Crisis in the first place."

"Organization"? More like a gang of rich, well armed thugs. It doesn't matter that they play at chivalry, we're Byzantines dammit, not Aristo....damm it all, he comes. Quiet, and let us figure our course."

A rather hurried Francis Guiscard walked into the room, his regal gaze becoming a firm, steady look as he dropped his "Leader Of The People" face at the door. Sitting down in a handy stool, he pulled himself up to the table and put his hands out.

"Ladies, Gentlemen...you know why I'm here, you know why you are here; We have made it through the Crisis...no one can say that the cities are not safe, that people are not polite, that any of our citizens are starving due to anything but their own laziness. With military discipline and the power of the sword, we forced the Crisis and the forces that created it back, we built a safe world for ourselves. But now we struggle with greater evils; the citizens outside the towns are not safe; farms are still being raided, and to travel without a weapon is to risk your life. The Strigian Pound is still a dream; the money-presses of other nations are our currency...and worst of all, the crushing effects of the economy's fall are still in effect. So, I say to you, friends, allies, and Strigians...what shall we do from here?"

OOC: Just assume this to be a general message to Strigian authorities.

IC:

We have recently noticed an improvement in Strigia in regards to matters such as security and basic supplies, after discussion with the Sabor I am authorized to send food, water, medicine and building supplies in addition to 1000 Soldiers of which 100 Instructors to ensure safety and train locals to be able to defend their country themselves. If you will allow this the transports will leave immediately.

Signed,

Nadine A. Peacecraft,

Empress of Greater Croatia.