A Kingdom Rises From Democracy

Voodoo Nova

The President started to notice a major problem within the system of democracy. Yes, he figured, the people were getting what they thought was right for them but at what cost? The cost of the state? The cost of the economy? The cost of security? He started to think to himself.

In the mind of Edward Bernard Raczyński

Should I reinstate the Kingdom of Poland? Should I create a system of constant surveillance? I know that I want to ensure that the best are in their position and the parliamentary system was just not letting that happen. This government needs the best, but the people also need the sense that their voice matters. A Monarchy seems like the best way to solve this problem, but a dictatorship seems just as useful.

"Zoë, could you bring in the good parchment and my gold plated fountain pen."

"Yes President Raczyński."

"It's King now"

His assistant brought him the items he requested. This was an important speech, one that he wanted to be preserved and remembered in this nation's history for centuries to come.

OOC: Please don't post until I state so. Relevant comments that are appropriate are welcome (not statements like "interesting", I mean actual comments/ideas/speculation).

Edward was sitting in his office. This speech was bugging him because there had to be some logical reason for the transformation. He knew the logical reasoning behind it, but he knew that the outside world didn't.

"How do you explain going from a Democracy to a Monarchy?" He thought. He knew renewing the Kingdom could bring about a new age of prosperity, much more so than democracy. "Too much bureaucracy" he thought.

He started to write:

My people. Democracy is a wonderful system of representation and bureaucracy. It allows you to voice your opinion, giving you a say within the government and ultimately controlling it. This, however, is where the problem inherently lies. In order to get something done, and to better nation, there has to be less of a chance of a lazy, incompetent man taking office by using a few pretty words and having a nice smile.

This is why I am transforming our government. The Sejm will remain as it is, with its members being voted into office by the people. The Senate will be appointed by myself and they will elect Councilors amongst themselves. The Sejm won't have any true authority, however, they will represent your viewpoints and advise the Senate, Councilors, and myself on what you believe and on what you want.

The people will always have a say in their government, mainly through the Sejm. However, they may send correspondence to myself, Councilors, Senators to let their voices be heard. You will not be my subjects, you will be citizens. Nobility will have a factor in appointed government positions, but that doesn't mean there isn't a possibility that someone of non-noble birth could be appointed.

Poland is now a Kingdom. We will bring back the golden age that we once saw under the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth. This golden age will bring Poland back to prominance; culturally, academically and and economically. We will ensure that no one takes away what is rightfully ours and we will fight to the bitter end to make sure they don't. A new age has dawned in Europe and a new age have dawned for the Kingdom of Poland.

He put down his pen, looked at the parchment and placed the parchment back down onto his mahogony desk. He sat there thinking some more. He'll announce it within the week.