Conference on the former UAS

Michael McBride

"Those two things would be quite helpful." Supreme General McCutcheon said to his counterpart. "As we said, we aren't looking to control this new territory, merely hold it in trust and provide security for it until such time that a new, American, power rises in the area."

"We do not doubt the size of your request, Mr. Forrest," Director Egon spoke to him personally, "but along your entire border, it adds up to quite a number of square miles. There was concern expressed that this war would turn into a land grab, and I have personally striven to ensure that that does not happen. As stated, reasonable concessions can be made if this conference agrees to it. We are not the dictators of policy. This should be a continent-wide decision because it truly effects the entire continent."

"While we're on the subject of the continent," Consul of State Worthington spoke, "shall I have my aides draft up an outline for a multi-national force in the region?"

"An outline for the peacekeeping forces would be very useful," Minister Forrest concluded with a chuckle. "Just be sure to include a clearly defined chain of command and areas of responsibility, lest it become riddled with infighting and beaurocracy. As for our request for the land, we shall wait for the other representatives to voice their opinions before making another statement about its status."

Captain Watson will go to this.

*KABAM* He's here. (OOC: Also, assuming Xaristan and Tennessee are now at peace. I'll do that in my news in a sec...)

"We are sad to see a neighbor to have to fall to this, but I am sure we can make good come from this. We are willing to help in anyway we can and we will be willing to send in troops to aid as we do have a long border with the fallen UAS."

"Tennessee also does have a small land interest here. It is the little peace of Virginia that wedges into Kentucky and Tennessee. If you were to draw a line (or more of a curve) between the far eastern points of Tennessee and Kentucky, that would be what we would like. We ask this out of interest of defense because it is a weak spot to have that splits into our territory."

OOC: Bump for the others. :P

Is the conference still on, and I wonder if I should ask ICly about Pennsylvania...? :unsure:

OOC: Yeah, the conference is still on. It slipped through the cracks with my other stuff.

IC:

Consul Bill Worthington pulled up a map, showing the former UAS territory divided into four sections, labeled NE, SE, SW, NW. He looked at the assembled delegates. "By dividing the former UAS into these simple territories, we can easily police it for potential problems. We would ask that countries near each region donate some troops there. Xaristan will be committing even more troops to make sure the region is pacified, and those in the region will work closely in conjunction with Xaristan Military Command, which will be in command of the entire region."

OOC: Yeah, the conference is still on. It slipped through the cracks with my other stuff.

IC:

Consul Bill Worthington pulled up a map, showing the former UAS territory divided into four sections, labeled NE, SE, SW, NW. He looked at the assembled delegates. "By dividing the former UAS into these simple territories, we can easily police it for potential problems. We would ask that countries near each region donate some troops there. Xaristan will be committing even more troops to make sure the region is pacified, and those in the region will work closely in conjunction with Xaristan Military Command, which will be in command of the entire region."

OOC: Hm, a (rough draft of a) map would really help. :P

IC: Roosevelt rubbed his chin. "This, we can agree with. We will certainly send some of our troops to help police the region in conjunction with the Xaristanis."

Edited by JEDCJT