And there goes the Neighborhood

Il Terra Di Agea

A massive crowd of protesters had grown ever larger around the Congress meeting place in Southport. The rage of the crowds had grown in the time since the original vote on war was announced to have commenced, both those agaisnt, and for the war were getting louder, and more imposing. It had been impossible to leave the capitol for days, and the local corporate field office was no different.

Baggs was slouched in his chair, as looked out the window, regretting his choice to visit the capitol from his office back in the corporate Headquarters to oversee the vote. He could not believe it, so fast, the relation with the Nords went from peaceful to frosty, to violent. It seemed just yesterday that he was reading in the newspaper that Martens and Uberstein were the best of freinds, and that he had been living a life of crime. He stood from his chair, threw a pile of papers from his lap to the ground and stepped out into the high podium he was to give his speech from.

A bit of shock shot across the face of the people below as Baggs stepped out, they had expected a verdict from the President of the Congress, not the CEO of the corporation that founded the nation.

"Hello good citizens. I come to you today, humbled at the sight of death and war, carrying a message that many have been dreading, a message of war. One of our closest allies and neighbors, Baron Erwin Von Uberstein has been under pressure of late to submit to the forces of the 'Greater' Nordland... Nordic... Nordlandic... Sons of Birches, and now, even under the force of a powerful, invading army, he stands up for peace (OOC: Baggs knows the real Uberstein is in RA, but he will keep that secret until he dies) and righteousness in all of Europe. It is truly a shame that so many good people have had to die under the oppressive fist of the Nords, but today, I say we tell them that enough is enough! I say we go out there, and show the Nords that unity isn't worth the death, imprisonment and loss of one's culture and self. I say we go out, and show the Nords that we have honor, we have culture, and we aren't afraid to show them that we are willing to fight for what's right even if we need die in the process. It's better to die fighting than die knowing you could have saved the world from years of pain. We will show them what happens when you lie, cheat, and steal your way into power, and enforce it through threats and violence. We will show the world why these !@#$%^&* need more than a stern talking to put down. Today, you woke up as citizens, but tonight, you go to bed patriots and tomorrow, will rise as heroes! Whether we win or lose, we will show that the Nords need to be killed out like the plague they are!"

The crowd below began to burst into cheers as Baggs walked back into his office. The President of Congress was sitting in his chair. "Nice job," He muttered, "I like how well you hinted that we're all going to die in a glorious hellfire."

"Yup, just like you said we would back, after the vote," Baggs responded.

"Can't say I don't like the cause. Are you going with the rest of the Company elite on that little fishing boat, or are you staying put?"

"Staying right here. Might as well give them someone to capture. I hear Egorov and Fermi are staying too..."

"Yah, they have nothing to fear. They're both still Agean at heart, they have nothing to fear of a Nord invasion except getting fed too many grapes or being crushed under a golden palace."

"Egorov is loyal, he's an $@!, but he keeps his word; Fermi isn't in the position to take power over a country, he went damn near crazy ast time, man is an idealist, but when it comes to leading a country, emotion got the best of him and he knows it."

"So, how 'bout Komeil? He was in Ubersteinia back when they were Nord-Lovers, what is he going to do?"

"He wandered off a few days ago, probably on some... exploding... herring... catching trip. In fact, if it isn't that, I'd be a mite disappointed."

"Well then, I guess it's time to wait for death to take us in, eh?"

"If the mines out in the ocean don't take him first..."

Classified: Security 9

All military on high alert

All AA stations, be prepared to fire

---As trained, you may have to fire on falling bombs rather than planes. Chances are slim of actually hitting them, but it is better than a direct hit.

OOC: Note to all you Nordland RPers. My direct land border with you is about 450 (Roughly) Km of land with you. That means 450 AA stations, 450 anti take guns, 900 infantry placements, 450 km of barbed wire, booby trapped roads, mine fields, etc. I'd give any non-stealth planes a good 90% to 75% chance of getting through, stealth a 100%, but the bombs falling a 98% chance on hitting. Infantry and tanks would probably not get past the mine fields, after all, even after something like cluster-bombing, you still have bomblettes lying around to step on. Terrain also factored in, it would be damn hard to mount a ground attack on my nation.