Mediation Meeting between two countries.

Serg92

Emperor Sergio II Has offered to the Nations of Transvaal and Somal a conference to discuss anything they wish in the Sergiana City, Serca.

All precautions have been set-up and preparations have been made to expect the arrivals of the Leaders.

Field Marshal Petrus Malan, Commander-in-Chief of the Republican Military Government of Transvaal, makes his first foreign visit abroad since taking over the reigns of the Republic of Transvaal. Accompanying him is Hendrik Strijdom, Foreign Minister for Transvaal.

While Malan waits patiently for the Somal delegates to arrive, he thanks the Sercan Emperor for hosting this summit meeting between these two diametrically opposed African governments. It was Malan's hope that some sort of diplomatic 'ceasefire' could be worked out with the Somal leadership - he had concerns at home which had more pressing need of his attention than him having to sort out foreign affairs problems.

It was my pleasure to host this meeting. We like to help our fellow African brothers keep peace and stability between one another.

The Emperor waits patiently for the leaders of Somal to arrive.

Colonel De Leclaire of the Republic Land Forces arrives representing Mad Dog Bob Denard who is currently indisposed.

Field Marshal Malan and the rest of the Transvaler delegation feel somewhat snubbed when they find out that Somal’s leader, Bob Denard, did not make an appearance.

Regardless, Malan decides to get the discussion going with Colonel De Leclaire:

“Colonel De Leclaire, as you are aware, there appear to be major political and ideological rifts which have arisen between Somal and Transvaal. Now my government realises that they are too wide between us to ever be bridged in mutual agreement and friendship – however my government nevertheless would like to find a practical, realpolitik understanding between our two nations so that our military and economic resources are not diverted towards pointless verbal ideological jousting between our two governments. We know you do not like us – and visa versa – however there is no reason why we cannot both adopt a ‘agree to disagree but live and let live’ policy so our respective nations can focus on our own domestic problems without being distracted by the others’ real and perceived actions.”

After allowing all that to register with De Leclaire, Malan continued: “In brief, my government is willing to give our guarantee that we shall not interfere nor concern itself in African affairs north of the Botha Line (northern frontier of Transvaal and the Seventh Reich) whilst your government likewise promised to respect south of the line.”

"Can you explain the nature of your most curious institution first," asks Colonel DeLeclaire who looks at Malan carefully? To elaborate he says, "Before any agreement is made we need to know more about you and your people. What are you intentions for the future of the the African descent natives of your country?"

"Can you explain the nature of your most curious institution first," asks Colonel DeLeclaire who looks at Malan carefully? To elaborate he says, "Before any agreement is made we need to know more about you and your people. What are you intentions for the future of the the African descent natives of your country?"

"While our nation is first and foremost an Afrikaner homeland - a fact which we have never denied for one moment - and Transvaal shall remain as such, our government along with all previous Transvaler governments has always been committed to providing the highest standard of living possible for all our citizens in all of Africa as much as our economy can support. Granted that due to the recent war, our economy isn't functioning at 100% at the moment."

"We do not deny that the top leadership post in our government has always been restricted to those of Afrikaner decent, so not only are blacks and coloured excluded, but also too those of Anglo descent. However this does not mean that we have restricted voting to whites only - on the contrary, black Africans have been able to vote in our government elections since November 2007. And contrary to foreign propaganda, we do not practice any sort of segregation between the races except what occurs naturally in residential districts - in that whites tend to live with other whites whilst blacks in their own neighbourhoods. This occurs naturally just like other nations have ethnic neighbourhoods - and not something legislated nor enforced by the government."

"Are the laws of your land applied equally to all or are they overly harsh against Africans? Some claim your country is a backwards, racist, benighted cesspit, while others have a different opinion. We can't be asked not to involve ourselves in your affairs if we feel you are singling out those of African descent unfairly. I do think though Mad Dog would agree that an idiot of any color or ethnicity who can't play with others nicely should be found accountable under the same rule of law," comments De Leclaire.

"Are the laws of your land applied equally to all or are they overly harsh against Africans?

I will not beat around the bush that there is of course racial tension in Transvaal and that due to social dynamics Africans may not hold as much economic power as the Afrikaner minority and granted that whites pay a ton more taxes than Africans do, so they expect to have more economic power in the private sector - however the only law which specifically restricts Africans is our electoral law in regards to who is eligible to run for the office of prime minister [note: which is currently vacant since Malan has chosen not to take a civilian title, although he is de facto the prime minister]. And as I stated, that same law also restricts non-Afrikaner whites. If one visited the outer provinces like Malawi, Mozambique, and to a lesser extent Namibia and Rhodesia, black Africans have a lot of automony over their lives and the Republican government does not interfere in local governments at a town and city level.

Transvaal has always taken pride that its native population has the best standard of living in Sub-Sahara - if not the entire continent.

Edited by Botha

"However, do you seek to subjugate the African population unfairly with the enforcement of your criminal code? Also will this increased autonomy for Malawi, Mozambique, and to a lesser extent Namibia and Rhodesia lead to something greater over time?"

"However, do you seek to subjugate the African population unfairly with the enforcement of your criminal code? Also will this increased autonomy for Malawi, Mozambique, and to a lesser extent Namibia and Rhodesia lead to something greater over time?"

“While our government does promote Afrikaner culture first and foremost – because after all, we are an Afrikaner homeland - we have no intention of subjugating anyone based on their nationality. As for future autonomy, our past history shows that we have been open to granting autonomy and even independence to our African territories along our northern frontier. However it seems that local rule never lasts long before we are forced to intervene and re-annex the territories after their governments collapse into the anarchy of a power vacuum.” [OOC: purged from map]

"Well, from what I'm seeing you are doing your best to set up self-ruled governments, but you can hardly be blamed if they fall apart. Likewise, selling this to my government will be a great deal easier now knowing that the law of your land is applied equally to all," replies the Colonel who thinks quietly for a moment or two. He finally asks, "What of the incident where Nova Nicae was sent men from your labor camps in the forms of homosexuals, communists, and muslims?"

Edited by Firestorm

"Good sir, Nova Nicae sent a message in public requesting your surplus population. However, we can dispense with that issue for now by me making a suggestion. Rather than you dealing with your malcontents and shipping them off to Nova Nicae, if such a thing where to happen, you can send them to us. We will tell them that should they attempt to infiltrate back into Transvaal until given permission to do so they'd be facing a firing squad or worst," replies Colonel De Leclaire.

"However, we are not interested in murderers, rapists, sex offenders, and other violent criminals. If you are having problems with those sorts Somal can spare some rope for nooses if you need it," he adds before a repeat of what happened between Somal and the Alliance occurs.

Rather than you dealing with your malcontents and shipping them off to Nova Nicae, if such a thing where to happen, you can send them to us.

Petrus Malan is caught completely offguard. “Let me get this straight, earlier you condemn my government with propaganda accusing us of human trafficking – yet now you are making the same offer which Nova Nicae was rumoured to have made to us?”

In other words, Malan smells a trap.

The marshal then makes the casual observation of “...well, at least in Transvaal we do not threaten to shoot our malcontents.”

"The difference here is we are a Muslim nation. In Somal they are free to choose their employment, they will be given homes, they will be given education, and their will be no limitations put on their political affiliations. Amongst us they'll be amongst Africans versus this Nova Nicae of which I have no idea where they've been spawned. The one absolute promise I make to you, and I'll put it in writing, is that the government of Free Somal will seek not to make a propaganda issue out of this matter. We'll keep this private between the both of us and notify these prisoners that while we sympathize with their plight this is a second chance for them. They'll be given land, equipment, and other funds to set up their own communities. We only ask that they be allowed contact, via your government to screen these messages, with their families," replies the Colonel.

After a few seconds he continues, "The Republic isn't looking to make any points here at the expense of Transvaal. We are merely trying to see that native Africans aren't sent to foreign entities that are not native to Africa. Again, we offer this to you in secrecy, and will prosecute anyone in our government who tries to go to the foreign press to the fullest extent of our national security laws. I'm not sure we even have any regarding this sort of thing, but given the government's power is held in trust by a single leader it won't take but a few minutes to sign said laws into power. But please, we don't want any perverts or killers, you really can take those sorts out back and shoot them in the head."

We are more interested in disposing of our social undesirables (OOC: think Mariel boatlift) than contributing and working members of our Black African population.

Anyways, it is now time for me to return to Pretoria. Our economic situation has taken a turn for the worse (moar cancelled trades) which I now need to address. It was productive to meet with you and hopefully ideological tensions between our two nations has been decreased.