confused, if someone could explain

EvilPenguin

I was attacked by another nation today. the confusing thing is that according to the information page i do not meet any of the requirements to be able to have him declare war on me. In addition it says that he has been inactive for 14 days. how can you be inactive and not meet the requirements to declare war on someoen and still do so?

Inactivity is measured by when you collect taxes, nothing else. Many people don't collect taxes for long stretches to provide advantages to their nation (early in the game you will need alliance support to do this), logging on to check PM's aid and be aided, and pay bills. So "inactive" doesn't really mean inactive as you might think.

And your nation is open to attack to nations within a certain NS range, as you are not in peace mode. The guy who attacked you was in your range, so it makes sense. In fact, you seem to have been asking for it. You started three wars with war declarations saying "bored," which is practically an invitation to others to pile on you. The war declaration on you of "karma sucks" seems an indication that someone noticed you raiding other nations minding their own business and is having fun with you as a result.

This is a common thing for players new to the game, having fun with the war system, figuring things out, having some fun until people realize they get pounded and can't grow that way. Should you wish to be free from attack and grow your nation, after clearing up your current wars, join an alliance for protection. You can find all sorts of useful nation building tools, friendships and other things to stave off boredom there.

I have no problem with someone attacking me, that's just part of the game. But where I got confused is that his strength is listed as 2000 something and mine is like 340ish i think. I thought that made uneligible to be attacked by him.

It's possible that this difference occurred after war was declared. For example, you might have started at 700 NS, and him at 1000 NS. After war, you lost strength as your nation was attacked, and he gained strength as he purchased military.

Indeed, it's common practice to have low NS through low military, engage at the bottom of your striking range, and then beef up to pretty much wipe them out. And the war will last a whole week, even if you drop out of range, or if both of you offer peace concurrently you can end it sooner.

EDIT: Surprise surprise, he was likely actually lower than you when he declared, 250 to your 350, but then managed to hop up near 2K. He's been tech dealing, so he probably used that cash to boost himself as well as he did.

Edited by Locke

Inactivity is measured by when you collect taxes, nothing else. Many people don't collect taxes for long stretches to provide advantages to their nation (early in the game you will need alliance support to do this), logging on to check PM's aid and be aided, and pay bills. So "inactive" doesn't really mean inactive as you might think.

And your nation is open to attack to nations within a certain NS range, as you are not in peace mode. The guy who attacked you was in your range, so it makes sense. In fact, you seem to have been asking for it. You started three wars with war declarations saying "bored," which is practically an invitation to others to pile on you. The war declaration on you of "karma sucks" seems an indication that someone noticed you raiding other nations minding their own business and is having fun with you as a result.

This is a common thing for players new to the game, having fun with the war system, figuring things out, having some fun until people realize they get pounded and can't grow that way. Should you wish to be free from attack and grow your nation, after clearing up your current wars, join an alliance for protection. You can find all sorts of useful nation building tools, friendships and other things to stave off boredom there.

Indeed, it's common practice to have low NS through low military, engage at the bottom of your striking range, and then beef up to pretty much wipe them out. And the war will last a whole week, even if you drop out of range, or if both of you offer peace concurrently you can end it sooner.

EDIT: Surprise surprise, he was likely actually lower than you when he declared, 250 to your 350, but then managed to hop up near 2K. He's been tech dealing, so he probably used that cash to boost himself as well as he did.

Indeed they're both right

He attacked me my second day of my fourth nation in CN ( All other have been deleted no worries).

I was being a poonberry and avoided the reading of "updates" so i thought I couldnt be attacked so long as I had no military.

He took 500k and 1.5 tech i think lol and I freaked! so, Penguin, any more problems just discuss them w/ me. And if you look for an alliance, save your hunger for war, because it'll come eventually within ur alliance. I can offer you a place at The Untouchables, but you'd need to be willing to stop attacks unless sanctioned, ect, ect. PM me ingame if you are interested. No hard feelings mate, the cause for war says it all.

OK. Thanks Locke. I was just ocnfused on how he could attack me when he seemed so much stronger.

If you check your opponents Charts:

http://www.cybernations.net/nation_drill_d...ation_ID=332545

You can see that he was at 252 nation strength when he attacked, but was obviously sitting on alot of cash, which he then used to grow to a larger size.

Indeed they're both right

He attacked me my second day of my fourth nation in CN ( All other have been deleted no worries).

I was being a poonberry and avoided the reading of "updates" so i thought I couldnt be attacked so long as I had no military.

He took 500k and 1.5 tech i think lol and I freaked! so, Penguin, any more problems just discuss them w/ me. And if you look for an alliance, save your hunger for war, because it'll come eventually within ur alliance. I can offer you a place at The Untouchables, but you'd need to be willing to stop attacks unless sanctioned, ect, ect. PM me ingame if you are interested. No hard feelings mate, the cause for war says it all.

xD the attacker is from the Untouchables :P