Atlantian Broadcasting Company

Arkantos

President Adams enacts new policies

President Adams announced today that new policies will be enacted to secure the borders of Atlantis. "Initially," he said, "there will just be a border wall, as we are good allies with many of our neighbors. However, should relations coll with any of them, further defences will be built."

OOC: 3k infra jump complete. :awesome:

IC:

High Speed Rail Lines Complete

The high speed railroad network around the UAS is now complete. This will allow for much faster travel around Atlantis, especially to those cities on the ease coast. Here is a map of the railroad system:

hsrailnet.png

Protests on the Hill

Many people have come out to protest the current status of Atlantis as a "puppet state" of Louisiana. The set up loudspeaker for this event, from which a variety of songs were played. One song, Young, has become the rallying anthem for those who want Atlantis to be free again. Security was increased and the riot police called to ensure the protests did not turn violent.

One picture taken by a reporter from ABC on the scene:

NK_Protest_on_the_hill2.jpg

Edited by Arkantos

Protests Continue

Protests continue to ccur all over the United Atlantian States as more and more people want their freedom now. They have even started their own broadcast company, which is recieveing as many viewers, if not more, than ABC. This network, Patriotic Atlantians Broadcasting, or PAB, constantly broadcasts anti-Louisianian messages and news.

Protesters have begun to turn vilent as well, but this is isolated, for now.

0315ProWarRE.jpg

610x.jpg

Edited by Arkantos

OOC: Hm...I wonder if I should step in to help utilize propaganda to sway the people in Pennsylvania to secede from the UAS and join New England to calm down? :awesome::ph34r:

The pamphlets would go like this:

PEOPLE OF ATLANTIS, WANT FREEDOM? JOIN NEW ENGLAND!
This way, your ties with Louisiana will be invalidated and you will be liberated.

:awesome::awesome:

Edited by JEDCJT

OOC: Hm...I wonder if I should step in to help utilize propaganda to sway the people in Pennsylvania to secede from the SRA and join New England to calm down? :awesome::ph34r:

The pamphlets would go like this:

PEOPLE OF ATLANTIS, WANT FREEDOM? JOIN NEW ENGLAND!
This way, your ties with Louisiana will be invalidated and you will be liberated.

:awesome::awesome:

OOC: Then there would be another massive bonfire outside every major city. :P And I'm not the SRA anymore, I'm the UAS. <_<

Edited by Arkantos

Fortifications have begun

President Adams announced that the primary border wall is mostly complete and that border defences and shore defences are now beginning.

***CLASSIFIED***

Shore Gun:

p10100623zb.jpg

Fortified position on the border:

Pillbox.jpg

Guns such as the one above will be built all along the coast.

Pilloxes such as the one aboe will be built along all land borders, as well as a 12 foot high concrete fence topped with barbed wire.

Edited by Arkantos

Congress to Vote on Freedom Bill

A freedom bill, which would end The United Atlantian States' status of being a puppet state of Louisiana, has be introduced into legislation by the "Freedom Now" movement. The Tintagylians are unlikely to support it, but a coalition of Communists, Republicans, and Nationalists may pass it through both the House and the Senate. The vote will occur on June 18th.

OOC: did I say they were finished? No.

OOC: Actually, you did...

Fortifications have begun

President Adams announced that the primary border wall is complete and that border defences and shore defences are now beginning.

OOC: Even just walls take a bit more time to construct.

Edited by Subtleknifewielder

Vote Priority Increased

The Congressional vote has been ordered to occur today, beginning immediately. It is expected to pass unanimously, with all parties supporting in both houses, in light of the Hanseatic Commonwealth's declaration of war against the Greater Nordlandic Reich.

Border Defence Plan Expanded

The border defence plan has been expanded to include an anti-air net consisting of anti air guns mounted on every pillbox, and an air defence network around every major city.