A nation falls from grace

Madame Unicorn

Madame Unicorn looks over her papers and reports, humming to herself as she looks out over the gardens. Suddenly, Constance knocks on the door and enters the room

"Madame... You may want to check in with our neighbours Le Royaume, and see how they are doing... I tried contacting the Government House there, but to no avail. It seems they have not made any progress or given anyone any word as to what is happening..."

Madame Unicorn looks up, and looks at Constance with a grave face.

"Alright.. I shall see what is going on." With this she picks up the phone and dials the phone number of Le Royaume's leader. No one picks up.

Then, the line goes dead. Madame Unicorn sighs. A failed nation is never a nice thing to deal with, but the fact that it was her neighbour made it so much harder. She picks up her cellphone and slides her finger over to Tieto's number.

"Tieto.. Yeah it's Charli. Could you please mobilise 5,000 troops to Le Royaume... I believe there has been no activity there and I want to check out what is going on. Thanks"

Madame Unicorn then gets out some paper and begins to draft up a press release to the world.

Dear friends, and leaders of the world.

It is always such a terrible tragedy when nations fall from grace, and today I regret to inform you all that Le Royaume is presumed to be no more. They have not responded to my calls and letters, and as we are the neighbouring nation, we have a duty to look after their citizens. I have mobilised 5,000 of my military into Le Royaume, and they will be acting as peacekeepers.

I hereby announce that as of today, Le Royaume is annexed and Annihilation will be the guardian of their land.

Thank you for your time,

Madame Unicorn

Sighing, she faxes this off to every major newspaper in the world, and hopes that this move will go smoothly.

OOC: Dodger's been inactive for 20 days, and I'm sure we all know the rules.

"When a nearby government fails, it is only reasonable that a willing and able nation move in to protect itself and the inhabitants of the area from the dangers of anarchy. Arctica recognizes this move and official maps will be amended to reflect the change in territory."

OOC: Life must be hell for the people on planet bob that publish atlases. :)