Miri Begins Her Destiny

Voodoo Nova

Now back to business. Right now Slavorussia’s is in the middle of an economic recession. The situation is very fragile and could change at the drop of a hat. We’ve slowly increased government spending to prevent a economic collapse, much of that extra spending comes from the revenue collected from tariffs.

We can agree to reducing tariffs, but not at a high rate. I think it’s better to ease into economic treaties rather than rushing in and regretting it later.

"Forgive me, but I fail how increasing your spending will end a recession. I mean, if it's going to those supposed 'bailouts,' then it's a waste of money, because those don't do anything. How exactly are you spending your money?"

"I only said the government has started to spend more money because we want to avoid a complete economic breakdown. Slavorussia’s economy is driven by the people’s confidence. When people don’t spend the economy stagnates, like its doing now. When people see the government spending money, and spending it wisely, it helps restore their confidence. I like to say we’re leading by example.

What we’re doing is spending more on national defense, providing incentives to our country’s biggest employers and investing in high tech industries coming in from North American and West Asia. I’m not sure our spending can be classified as a “bailout” but I will say that bailout funds do serve a purpose. If large companies close their doors they’d have to fire thousands of workers, which only makes things worse."

"So it's more of a morale thing for the people? That might work. I'd recommend evaluating all of your resources in SlavoRussia and providing incentives for companies to start on the untapped or lesser tapped resources. If you can get new income from half-ignored resources, it could bounce back your economy."

Dmitry nods, "We've given that idea some thought, but it takes time to heal a shattered economy. Anyway this meeting isnt about Slavorussia's economy. My apoligies for getting us off track, if this meeting can be salvaged in anyway then we should probably continue."