Actions per day.

steeldor

Admin upped back up to 1500 on May 28th. It was set at 1000 prior to that. The limit is in place to ensure all the players have access to the server. The problem isn't bandwidth or the servers, it's the number of simultaneous connections to the database can handle. During peak times during wars, etc. you have players putting a huge load on the server and those connections to the database refreshing their screen constantly trying to catch the exact moment something occurs to their nation. This has the effect of locking out other players when all the simultaneous connections are taken. Limiting player's actions means a handful of players won't tie up the servers past their allotment freeing up the servers for others.

Admin upped back up to 1500 on May 28th. It was set at 1000 prior to that. The limit is in place to ensure all the players have access to the server. The problem isn't bandwidth or the servers, it's the number of simultaneous connections to the database can handle. During peak times during wars, etc. you have players putting a huge load on the server and those connections to the database refreshing their screen constantly trying to catch the exact moment something occurs to their nation. This has the effect of locking out other players when all the simultaneous connections are taken. Limiting player's actions means a handful of players won't tie up the servers past their allotment freeing up the servers for others.

1500 is still hurting when you're actively recruiting for an alliance.

I need about 2500 to be good for a day.

1500 is still hurting when you're actively recruiting for an alliance.

I need about 2500 to be good for a day.

Hmmm...you're limited to 200 messages a day. You're saying you can't keep yourself under 1500 actions and send out 200 messages a day? I know my share of recruiters and they're hitting the message wall before they're hitting the ceiling on actions.

Hmmm...you're limited to 200 messages a day. You're saying you can't keep yourself under 1500 actions and send out 200 messages a day? I know my share of recruiters and they're hitting the message wall before they're hitting the ceiling on actions.

I hope for his sake that he isn't sending one message at a time :D

You do know about carbon copies, dontchya?

I hope for his sake that he isn't sending one message at a time :D

You do know about carbon copies, dontchya?

ah but CCs limit you to "stock" messages. you can't really drive a personalized message home if you attachs 25 other rulers to the same message :ph34r:

ah but CCs limit you to "stock" messages. you can't really drive a personalized message home if you attachs 25 other rulers to the same message :ph34r:

It only takes one action to pull the list of all nations which is automatically sorted by newest to oldest. Which gives you 40 nations on the first page to start your recruiting with. So you start recruiting. It takes one action to pull up a nation's display page. A second action to initiate a message. It takes a third action to send the message. Hitting the back button three times puts back where you started ready to select another nation to recruit and doesn't use any actions. That's 3 actions per personalized message or 600 actions to max out your messages. Even refreshing the list and pulling up additional pages isn't going to use up more than another 50-100 actions. When the limit was 1000 it could be argued that it was tight for a recruiter depending on what else one needed to do with one's nation. At 1500 it's hard seeing this as being much of a problem. It's even harder to see how recruiting requires anyone to need 2500 actions to be good for the day.