A meeting between Friends.

Madame Unicorn

Madame Unicorn sits at her desk on a cold winter's morning, reading up on the latest international news whilst sipping a hot coffee. A knock at the door makes her jump slightly, spilling the coffee onto the desk.

"Yes?" She says as she finds something to clean the coffee up with,

"Madame," Constance creeps in quietly, "We have just received a letter. And by the looks of things this is an important looking letter. I dont know who it is from." Constance hands the letter over to the Madame, who looks puzzled.

"I wonder, if it looks important, who is contacting us, and what do they possibly want? Oh, and Constance, please bring me more coffee."

Madame Unicorn opens the letter and reads it...

**To the Supreme Leader of Annihilation**
Dearest Madame,
LeVentNoir requests a meeting between the two leaders of Glorious Aotearoa and Annihilation to discuss affairs between the two nations, including the Pax Pacifica. He asks that the meeting be held in Annihilation, if that is not too much trouble. Please send reply ASAP.
Yours Sincerely,
Dr. Wesley Conner,
Duke of the Cook Islands.

Madame Unicorn looks up, worried. She had spoken to LeVentNoir a couple of times, but now he wanted to come here? The Madame picks up her phone, mind racing at 50 million miles an hour

"Tieto, it's Madame Unicorn. We have a good friend coming to visit, and I need all of your men on stand-by. Do not worry about who is coming, just know that they are very very important and I need to make a good first impression."

She hangs up the phone, scared. Yes she was scared of the impending visit, and yes she was scared of LeVentNoir. But hopefully this was a chance to make a good impression on him, so their nations could enjoy a long lasting friendship.

Madame Unicorn sits at her desk, writing a reply to Dr. Conner.

Dear Dr. Conner,
I would be delighted to welcome LeVentNoir to Annihilation, and we are very much looking forward to his visit. I hope for the two of us to talk over lunch, and if it is possible, to take a tour of our capital city of Ilam.
Yours Faithfully,
Madame Unicorn

With that, Madame Unicorn sighs, and sends off the letter.

Now I just have to find something nice to wear... She thinks.

*Ilam*

Teito Klein, formerly lord of West End and sometime resident of New Zealand, shut his cellphone with a click and sighed. Once this moment of irritation past, he snapped his fingers, ordering his aide to rally a small guard detail made up of the nations new premiere fighting force, the Ilamese Gendarmes, a strike force at the personal command of the Madame herself. They would protect her and accomplish her political will through military power and discrete invasive actions into enemy countries, as well as serve as her personal protectors. Together with the first batch of Ilamese Marines, wearing their dress uniforms and carrying swords on loan from the Marchar Armory, they would serve a pretty sight and a strong reminder of the countries military power.

Rather than wear his Hanseatic Marine's uniform, or the clothing that befitted a Noble. Instead, he affected a simple military uniform made up of the country's colors, wearing no designations save a black star on each side of the collar. He would stand at her side throughout the entire affair and be her safeguard...and if anyone thought his sword was for show, they would be quickly proven wrong...

Dear Dr. Conner,
I would be delighted to welcome LeVentNoir to Annihilation, and we are very much looking forward to his visit. I hope for the two of us to talk over lunch, and if it is possible, to take a tour of our capital city of Ilam.
Yours Faithfully,
Madame Unicorn

Thank you for the quick reply. The purpose of the meeting is to discuss the rising tensions in the pacific, after heated talks with Tahoe, and also the GNR, ComInt relationship to mainly atlantic but also global politics.

Dr Conner looked up from the computer. He was sure his Lord would be flying out soon, and wondered if the meeting would be of use, or other items were on his mind.

Madame Unicorn sighed. She had spent the day making preparations for the meeting, frantically running all over Government House, making sure things were in order for tomorrow. Everyone could tell she was scared by the fact that she was to meet one of the most influential figures in the world, and many people, Madame Unicorn included, were scared by him. His powerful demeanour, and the ability to command a strong country... Yes it scared her, but made her very very impressed, even before she had properly met him.

As she slipped off her shoes and climbed back into her favourite chair to settle in for the night, she could not help thinking about her role in the pacific, she wished that she had more firepower within her country, more of a voice to speak with.

Falling asleep, she couldn't help but think "I hope LeVentNoir actually likes me..."

The next morning, Madame Unicorn was woken by Constance, and the strong smell of coffee...

"Oh $#@&, what time is it?" Madame Unicorn sat up, immediately panicking

"It is 9:00AM, Madame. You do not need to worry. But I do suggest getting up and getting some breakfast. You'll need it."

Madame Unicorn proceeded to get up and get ready, a smart black suit hanging off the wardrobe...

Two hours later, Madame Unicorn and Tieto were standing on the edge of the tarmac at the airport, 10 of the best soldiers that Annihilation had to offer standing behind them to attention. Madame Unicorn sighed and grabbed Tieto's hand, looking at him worriedly

"I'm so nervous, Tieto. I really hope this goes well..."

They then stood there. Waiting.

The plane swept down, a graceful silver affair from a time an age ago.

As it taxied to a stop, the door opened, and set of stairs unfolded. Down the aluminium steps walked a pair of men in causal suits, who despite their open looks, were obviously security. A few seconds later, out stepped LeVentNoir. A black pinstripped suit with black shirt and red tie set of by a black fedora on his bald head.

He looked around, then strolled over to where Madame Unicorn was. She is so young. It must be terrible stress to run such a country. Even with as few as problems as this one. "Good Morning Madame." LVN swept a bow, then stood upright. "It is a most interesting meeting we have here. Although I expect we should move off the run way." He waited for here to lead the way. He was getting old, and was not one to move too rashly, nor take the lead where he did not have it.

OOC: Pinstripe suit, black shirt, red tie... Sounds familiar, heh?

Madame Unicorn stood still. Anxious as the plane stopped to a smooth halt, then scared as she saw the man who ran one of the world's greatest nations coming towards her. She turned her head as her Guard made a swift salute towards the old man. But this was no ordinary old man. He seemed to personify strength, and he was someone Madame Unicorn would respect for the rest of her days.

"Welcome to Annihilation," Madame Unicorn bowed as deeply as she could, to show her respect, "I hope your flight was smooth." She flicked out her cellphone and held it to her ear, muttering a few words, then put it back into her pocket.

He looks so old. Man, I hope he is impressed by me. Nice suit too.

"Ah, yes. This isn't where I planned to hold our meeting. I've called for my drivers to be here, and we shall be taken back to my house and government offices, where we can actually talk over lunch, if you wish."

As soon as she had stopped, three cars came speeding around to their position. The middle car was Madame Unicorn's personal car, with armoured doors and bullet proof glass, She smiled and turned to LeVentNoir, "You can never be too careful."

Nodding to Tieto, the three of them climbed into the middle vehicle, with LeVentNoir's security taking the front vehicle, with two Ilamese Marines following in behind.

Driving back to the House, Madame Unicorn was nervous, although she would not show it. Here she was, hosting a meeting with one of the most influential and respected leaders. It was expected that she was nervous, although the familiar sight of Tieto by her side was calming.

Finally, after what seemed like forever, they had reached the House. Madame Unicorn got out and waited for the others to follow. Then, once inside, in her favourite room, Madame Unicorn relaxed a little.

"I hope you drink, Sir. I have, in a special cabinet, one of the best wines Annihilation has produced. A very nice Sauvignon blanc, produced about three years ago. Of course it could do with more maturing, but I've sampled other wines from this cellar and it seems very drinkable."

Madame Unicorn opened the cabinet and got out three glasses, plus her favourite wine. Opening the bottle, she sighed as she poured the wine into the glasses, taking one and drinking from it.

"Of course, if you're hungry, we can go straight to lunch..."

Edited by Madame Unicorn