This term... "viceroy"

Commander Benji

Can't be bothered with fancy wording.

What does "viceroy" mean, and what happens if someone is made the viceroy for an alliance.

Never heard the term before, and having been playing CN long enough to know any previous examples.

Explain what it means.

Gimme a previous example used in CN history.

Then let's chat about ramifications if used on the NPO, as I keep seeing that idea popping up.

Ta.

Can't be bothered with fancy wording.

What does "viceroy" mean, and what happens if someone is made the viceroy for an alliance.

Never heard the term before, and having been playing CN long enough to know any previous examples.

Explain what it means.

Gimme a previous example used in CN history.

Then let's chat about ramifications if used on the NPO, as I keep seeing that idea popping up.

Ta.

It used to be common practice for the victors in war to appoint a viceroy over a defeated alliance,

That Viceroy would demand root forum admin on the defeated alliances forums and take complete control of the defeated gov,

Usually members would be locked into the defeated alliance until massive reps of techand cash were paid, leaving would = PZI

Significant examples would be NPO appointing viceroys over The Legion and GATO

However soon after the GATO viceroy was appointed (approx 12 months ago) Admin ruled that demanding RL possetions as part of peace terms was against game rules and would result in deletions / bans

These RL possessions include, Donations and Forum Accounts,

Since this pronouncement viceroys have not been imposed

I assure you, i did google before hand, Erich.

The definition I got from wikipedia left me confused, because I wasn't sure if it was something enforced by an opposing goverment or not.

And obviously I could not find any in-game examples.

CN radio you say?

Hi CN radio.

Clarification of Clause 2 the Cyber Nations Terms and Conditions of Service

2. Cyber Nations is a free online nation simulation game that is intended to be a fun place to try your hand at ruling a simulated nation. The nations are not real, the money that your nation earns is not real, the politics, the wars, the religions, none of it is real. What is real are the players of Cyber Nations. By using this service you agree not to use rude, inappropriate, threatening, harassing, malicious, defamatory, or obscene comments, messages, ruler names, nation names or bios or any other such offensive or harmful content. Users agree to not engage in extortion of real life possessions of other players in response to in-game situations or vice versa. Impersonating any of the Cyber Nations staff may result in the player's immediate ban. Moderator Harassment will not be tolerated in this game.

Regarding the bolded part in the above quoted text:

Real-life possessions include, but are not limited to, offsite forums, domain names, offsite forum accounts, and any tangible possession or currency. It is the judgement of the senior staff that compelling an alliance to give increased access on an offsite forum through the threat of ingame action is in violation of this clause. There have been a few instances of this in the past few days that have not escaped our notice. In the interest of fairness to all parties involved we feel we need to clarify this clause so that everyone is on the same page regarding it. No action will be taken against the perpetrators of the recent incidents but in the future such things will be dealt with harshly.

Any further infractions of this policy should be immediately reported to the Cyber Nations Senior Staff for action. Don't argue with the parties demanding things from you, don't agree to hand over what they are demanding - just come to us and we will look into it.